Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 11-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #31
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Stephen A Smith: Melo will Likely leave the Knicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
You guys are forgetting the obvious too. Melo is repped by CAA. CAA and the Knick organization are VERY tight, ridiculously intertwined. It should almost be "The New York Knicks brought to you by CAA". Woodson, Houston, Warkenstein, Melo, JR Smith, Chris Smith, Bargnani, on and on. So you think after establishing this relationship where CAA basically does whatever it wants with the Knicks, CAA will say "Thanks anyway, Dolan! Bye!" You think Melo isn't going to be swayed to stay? AND get more money? AND stay in New York City?

To go to Dallas? What? Why? LaLa wants to go there?

It's Knicks, with outside chance at Lakers. That's it.

If Melo had a brain, he´d seriously consider the Mavs. I´m sure for playing with Melo, Dirk would take the mid-level exception, Marion+Carter for the minimum, which would leave enough capspace to sign a legit defensive center like Okafor or Gortat. Name one player that Dirk or Carlisle have made worse. Monta Ellis has the 3rd highest FG percentage of the top 20 scorers in the NBA. MONTA ELLIS. #1 among guards.
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #32
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
If Melo had a brain, he´d seriously consider the Mavs. I´m sure for playing with Melo, Dirk would take the mid-level exception, Marion+Carter for the minimum, which would leave enough capspace to sign a legit defensive center like Okafor or Gortat. Name one player that Dirk or Carlisle have made worse. Monta Ellis has the 3rd highest FG percentage of the top 20 scorers in the NBA. MONTA ELLIS. #1 among guards.

Dirk and Melo shouldn't be paired together unless you have an elite defensive center and a pass first point guard running things.

Rondo/Melo/Dirk/Chandler

I don't know how i feel about Monta and Melo on the same team..
TheMarkMadsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #33
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Detroit is ideal, because they don't have a franchise scorer.
He can play that role.
Then he would have Jennings - the point guard who can get to the rim; Singler - the outside shooter to spread the floor; Smith - the versatile power forward; and Drummond - the big who can score and rebound.

No. Exactly where he doesn´t need to go. Josh Smith does whatever he wants on that team (mainly the same stupid shit he did in Atlanta), because he is their lockerroom leader. Melo needs a place with strong veteran leadership from the coach and the lockerroom, that teach him how to make himself and the team better. Admittedly there are not many teams that fit that description with capspace, top coaching and a superstar that Melo would respect and listen to.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #34
Brokenbeat
I got girls calling me

Brokenbeat has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Still, i don't see how a valid criticism of the Knick's situation being worse than the Nets being a result of losing picks when they've lost far more picks and we have the same record.

this was just posted on hoopsrumors

Quote:
Here’s a fun fact that will keep Nets fans up at night. Since 2010, the Nets’ list of traded draft picks includes Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Damian Lillard, Darius Morris, Gorgui Dieng, and Shane Larkin, tweets Devin Kharpertian of The Brooklyn Game. Brooklyn has also traded away their first-round picks in 2014, 2016, and 2018.
Brokenbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #35
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

People still doubting he's coming to LA...

Although I do hope Dumbtoni gets fired before the fact. Not sure how much we will still owe him if he gets canned.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #36
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
this was just posted on hoopsrumors: Here’s a fun fact that will keep Nets fans up at night. Since 2010, the Nets’ list of traded draft picks includes Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Damian Lillard, Darius Morris, Gorgui Dieng, and Shane Larkin, tweets Devin Kharpertian of The Brooklyn Game. Brooklyn has also traded away their first-round picks in 2014, 2016, and 2018.

Ouch. The Wallace trade is still among the dumbest things any GM has ever done. Trade away a lottery pick to improve a lottery team with an unrestricted free agent in the upcoming summer. Obviously King didn´t have the cojones to admit that he f***** up and had to sign Wallace to a big contract. Have to admire that about the 76ers GM. Knew he f***** up with Bynum and didn´t make it worse by giving him a four year 40 million dollar deal. Owned up to his mistake and the future looks bright there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: