Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #31
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm lost, what are you talkin about?

That's not directed at you, that's general discussion. Mainly Detroit fans (if there is such a thing as a Detroit Lions fan)..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #32
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Calvin johnson is a monster,watching this guy is eye popping. People will soon forget about Owens or Moss,this kid has major upside .
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:29 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
That's not directed at you, that's general discussion. Mainly Detroit fans (if there is such a thing as a Detroit Lions fan)..

Ok. But i think taking Thomas would be beneficial because he would improve that OL bigtime. But Detroit has a lot of needs and really while we talk about Calvin Johnson, they could use Adrian Peterson considering Kevin Jones career is up in limbo. But the good thing about passing on Adrian is you can grab a RB later. I dont know what Detroit is gonna do...drafting WR wouldnt be something the public would embrace even if its CJ. Det has had bad luck with WR's.

Play it safe and snatch OL. You can upgrade the WR position in free agency. Roy Williams had a breakout season. Only Lions fans i know of here is DueceWallaces.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:33 PM   #34
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Ok. But i think taking Thomas would be beneficial because he would improve that OL bigtime. But Detroit has a lot of needs and really while we talk about Calvin Johnson, they could use Adrian Peterson considering Kevin Jones career is up in limbo. But the good thing about passing on Adrian is you can grab a RB later. I dont know what Detroit is gonna do...drafting WR wouldnt be something the public would embrace even if its CJ. Det has had bad luck with WR's.

Play it safe and snatch OL. You can upgrade the WR position in free agency. Roy Williams had a breakout season. Only Lions fans i know of here is DueceWallaces.

Yeah, but look at all the top 10 OL picks of recent years.. Gallery, Leonard Davis, they're all busts. Even D'Brickashaw Ferguson last year, a supposed can't-miss OL prospect, does not look that great. I mean Marcus McNeil made the Pro-Bowl in his first year and he was a late 2nd rounder if I remember right..

Calvin Johnson is supposed to be the top player on every GM's draft board. I would usually say draft on team need, but CJ might be a once in a decade-type prospect.. plus Lions WR's are not exactly the greatest..

And I say give Kevin Jones more time. They haven't given him adequate blocking for him to excel..
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:38 PM   #35
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Jarret's horrible 40 time is gonna hurt his stock. Wasn't it somewhere in the 4.6-4.7 range? Yuck.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #36
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Gaines Adams is a freakin beast and is the top defenseive player regardless of position and will go Top 5. Sidney Rice sucks and will not be Top 10.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
Yeah, but look at all the top 10 OL picks of recent years.. Gallery, Leonard Davis, they're all busts. Even D'Brickashaw Ferguson last year, a supposed can't-miss OL prospect, does not look that great. I mean Marcus McNeil made the Pro-Bowl in his first year and he was a late 2nd rounder if I remember right..

Calvin Johnson is supposed to be the top player on every GM's draft board. I would usually say draft on team need, but CJ might be a once in a decade-type prospect.. plus Lions WR's are not exactly the greatest..

And I say give Kevin Jones more time. They haven't given him adequate blocking for him to excel..

First the issue with Kevin Jones is his injury. He had a nasty foot injury and his recovery time is a problem because from what I know...no one knows when he will return. Chances of him missing the early parts of the regular season is possible. Thats why I mentioned Adrian Peterson as an option because Kevin's career is up in limbo unfortunately. I'd like him to return and do his thing but the reality is...that injury he has is a bad one. And he's the type of player who loves to juke, cut back, change direction and burst.

Dbrickshaw had a nice rookie season. The others blow and Davis is out of position. Should be an interior lineman not a damn tackle. Gotta be the fattest fuuuck protecting a QBs blind side.

But Detroit needs some talent on that OL as well as WR. You could go CJ but I'd go Joe Thomas because it starts up front. I'd risk/gamble he doesnt end up a bust over taking a WR.

Roy Williams and that white WR Furrey who had a great year coming out of the "who the hell is that" category. Add another WR via free agency and its not bad. Still got the bust Mike Williams to earn his keep.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat4Ever
Gaines Adams is a freakin beast and is the top defenseive player regardless of position and will go Top 5. Sidney Rice sucks and will not be Top 10.

Top 5? Over who? He's a nice prospect but he wont go top 5. And Sidney Rice wasnt projected to go that high. He's my #2 WR on the top WR list. But he reminds me of Koren Robinson without the off the field crap. Bad case of the dropsies. But nice talent. I like him.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #39
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
The first 4 are not set in stone. Not sure who told you that
I guarentee that will be the way the top 4 comes out granted the Raiders take Russell.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #40
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Top 5 prospects.

Calvin Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Jon Thomas
J.Anderson
B.Quinn

Top 5 picks

J.Russell
Jamaal Anderson
Calvin Johnson
Jon Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Nah... the Browns have the 3rd pick. They don't need a receiver. They need a franchise RB.

1. Russell
2. Thomas
3. Peterson
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Branch

It is a pretty clear-cut top 5, imo. Unless there are some serious problems with these guys down the road, this is how it will go.

As a Browns' fan, it is pretty exciting to think about Peterson, KWII, and Braylon Edwards all on the same offense. If we can build an offensive line, that is a TON of talent offensively for opponents to deal with. Three freakish athletes. When you throw in guys like Joe Jurevicius, Josh Cribbs, Reuben Droughns...
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #41
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The little bit of Lions talk in this thread reminds me of a question I've been thinking about for a day or two now:

Is there any executive in any major sport that has done a worse job than Matt Millen?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:24 PM   #42
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Nah... the Browns have the 3rd pick. They don't need a receiver. They need a franchise RB.

1. Russell
2. Thomas
3. Peterson
4. Calvin Johnson
5. Branch

It is a pretty clear-cut top 5, imo. Unless there are some serious problems with these guys down the road, this is how it will go.

As a Browns' fan, it is pretty exciting to think about Peterson, KWII, and Braylon Edwards all on the same offense. If we can build an offensive line, that is a TON of talent offensively for opponents to deal with. Three freakish athletes. When you throw in guys like Joe Jurevicius, Josh Cribbs, Reuben Droughns...

I got the draft order all messed up.

Raiders-Russell
Lions-Thomas
Browns-AP
TB-CJ
Cards-J.Anderson (why would they go DT?)
Old 02-27-2007, 05:25 PM   #43
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The little bit of Lions talk in this thread reminds me of a question I've been thinking about for a day or two now:

Is there any executive in any major sport that has done a worse job than Matt Millen?
I'm not sure a case can be made for anyone. How Millen still has a job, I don't know.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #44
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

I think Branch is the best defensive player in the draft. The Cards will have a hard time passing him up... even if DE is a bigger 'need'. Branch is a beast. If he falls past #5, there will be a team that will be very lucky (probably Miami at #9).
Old 02-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #45
-primetime-

here you go:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

except you can flip the #3 and #4 picks because Cleveland won the coin toss to get the number 3 spot...Peterson will go at 3...

and I have been keeping up with the combine and the top two players over all are Calvin Johnson and Adrian Peterson and there is a chance that either one of those 2 players could be taken at the number 1 spot with Oakland and then Oakland will take a QB at the top of the second round...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: