Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns

Alston / Head / (minimum salary player...Darius Washington?)
McGrady / Bogans / (minimum salary player...Mike Gansey?)
Battier / Miller / Bowen
Wilcox / Hayes / Novak
Yao / Mutombo

wow. i would love to have that starting 5. but very unlikely :rollingeyes:
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:25 PM   #17
Roxfan183
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Roxfan183 has an OK reputation so far

Terrible trade, I hope the trade doesnt get finalized like this

I had hopes for Gay, I was really excited when Foye went to Boston. I was really wishing that Foye would go to Minny though, in hopes that Roy would fall to us. If we had got him then im certain we wouldnt make a trade

Battier isnt going to be bad to have, its just that we gave way too much up for him.
Roxfan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

stupid by the gm, what the hell..gay is going to be the next great project
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:29 PM   #19
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

The trade is still not official yet, Can't be until mid-July.

So Gay is still a Rocket, for now.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #20
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

Grizzledrook has an OK reputation so far

Guys sorry trade is preety much done battier has a contract issue right now but after 12th he is a rocket.Why is everybody looking at the down side of this deal.Battier is awesome not an all star but he is an all star role player,Probably an olympian also.He is a grat filler not a ball hog at all does everything your team is gonna need play point to center.He is unselfish great from three and defense is great always makes smart play better then any person in draft right now.The trade was done way befor the draft the rockets said as long as one of there five guys was still there at eight they would not trade pick.They did not want gay for he was to inexpierenced.They said in three years he could be great but they needed immediate help at the three to free up t-mac.The grizz need a boost in terms of attendance and flare rudy will hopefully provide that.We needed more prospects with star potential.The rockets want to fight for championship in the next couple of years.You guys are mad now but once battier is there and making awesome plays and giving credit to the fans for wins you will love hm.He will be missed.
Grizzledrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:24 AM   #21
JSub
Decent college freshman

JSub has decent reputationJSub has decent reputation

Pray for some miracle to stop this GAY trade on July 12th.
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:26 PM   #22
Roxfan183

Roxfan183 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzledrook
Guys sorry trade is preety much done battier has a contract issue right now but after 12th he is a rocket.Why is everybody looking at the down side of this deal.Battier is awesome not an all star but he is an all star role player,Probably an olympian also.He is a grat filler not a ball hog at all does everything your team is gonna need play point to center.He is unselfish great from three and defense is great always makes smart play better then any person in draft right now.The trade was done way befor the draft the rockets said as long as one of there five guys was still there at eight they would not trade pick.They did not want gay for he was to inexpierenced.They said in three years he could be great but they needed immediate help at the three to free up t-mac.The grizz need a boost in terms of attendance and flare rudy will hopefully provide that.We needed more prospects with star potential.The rockets want to fight for championship in the next couple of years.You guys are mad now but once battier is there and making awesome plays and giving credit to the fans for wins you will love hm.He will be missed.
Battier is good, and we could use him, but he is definantly not worth what we are giving up for him. We are giving up a potentail all-star and getting rid of depth, which we need. We should have at least got their first round pick out of this trade
Roxfan183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:11 PM   #23
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

y would houston give up gay. it doesnt make any sense. and he can play defense u can never have enough defense on your team
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #24
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

You guys are not even giving battier a chance.He is better then gay right now but gay has supposedly a much larger upside.But so did batter when he came so did jameer nelson.Battier just didnt bloom like he should have gay may or may not be great.In five years if gay is a bust you guys will be like whew dodged that one.I guarantee you guys will win at least eight more games next year and make playoffs.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #25
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

What were they drinking on that one lol.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:09 AM   #26
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

The problem is not giving up Rudy Gay and getting Shane Battier. The problem is giving up Rudy Gay along with Stromile Swift for just Shane Battier.

I would have loved Shane and #24 for Rudy. Or Shane and Mike Miller for Rudy, Stro, and Sura's contract.

But we lose two rotation players for a high role player. Not good. We have only one MLE, guys.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #27
Grizzledrook
I brick open layups

I understand everone is pisseed.Whats weird is that most memphis fans feel the exact same way.When it was just gay for battier the fans here thought we got robbed.The fact is that no one is happy.But once the dust settles it will be all good.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:19 PM   #28
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Good deal for both teams, it just leaves us very thin and we could have gotten more.

Memphis is a better place for Rudy to grow. He'll have more opportunities to shine there.

Shane is more suited for our system as well.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:37 PM   #29
RocketsFanatic

RocketsFanatic has an OK reputation so far
Default some good offseason moves

I think we should take Mike James back, i am really pissed that we traded Rudy Gay to the grizzlies for Shane Battier, but then when i heard we also gave them Swift i was really anoyed. I think we should try to get a rookie that didnt get drafted like darius Washington Jr., or Mike Gansey. I think we should trade Juwan Howard for anyone young that can play, maybe to memphis for Hakim Warrick. This would be a good starting linup next year.....

PG- Bob Sura/ Rafer Alston/ Darius Wahington
SG- Miek James/ Luther Head
SF- Tracy McGrady/Steve Novak
PF- Shane Battier/Hakim Warrick
C- Yao Ming/Mutumbo
RocketsFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #30
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketsFanatic
I think we should take Mike James back, i am really pissed that we traded Rudy Gay to the grizzlies for Shane Battier, but then when i heard we also gave them Swift i was really anoyed. I think we should try to get a rookie that didnt get drafted like darius Washington Jr., or Mike Gansey. I think we should trade Juwan Howard for anyone young that can play, maybe to memphis for Hakim Warrick. This would be a good starting linup next year.....

PG- Bob Sura/ Rafer Alston/ Darius Wahington
SG- Miek James/ Luther Head
SF- Tracy McGrady/Steve Novak
PF- Shane Battier/Hakim Warrick
C- Yao Ming/Mutumbo

For a fanatic you seem a little bit out of touch with what exactly is going on with this team and its players. Let me explain...

- Battier is not a PF. He can play there in SHORT stretches against a select FEW of the league's PF's. No way in hell is he starting.

- Memphis won't take Juwan Howard for Hakim Warrick. First of all, if Jerry West wanted Juwan, he would have taken him and not Stromile. Secondly, the contracts don't match up.

- Mike James and Luther Head would be the smallest (and still one of the worst) SG rotations in the league. No way in hell we win with that.

- There is an overwhelming possibility that Bob Sura is done...like, never step foot on the court again kind of DONE. They had a workout scheduled for him recently to see where he was health-wise, and it was cancelled because he couldn't even participate in it. IF he plays, he's not starting. Period.

- If we go with Mutombo as the ONLY backup at center, we are guaranteeing a second round exit at BEST. Not a chance in hell you get through the season and playoffs with depth that's thinner than those little sheets of paper they put in graduation and wedding invitations.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: