Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #16
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
yeah he also won you guys a bunch of games including crazy buzzer beaters and clutch shots

Let's contrast and compare shall we. The past two season plus what's been played of this one I can remember MORE games that he has lost for us than won for us. A LOT MORE!!! I mean the guy is a show off, ball hog and a bad decision maker when it comes to passing the ball. All those games you talk about still don't mean squat until he can becom a consistent player that is knowlegdeable when it comes to basketball. Our record speaks for itself. Ever since his addition to this team they haven't had a single winning season. Not one. Yeah, he'll be missed.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,708
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Crawford being out could be both good and bad. I think its safe to say when Marbury,Curry and Q rich play together we win and when Crawford is our leading scorer we either lose or have to eek out a long drawn out OT win (in which we lose the next game anyway). We play more organized and under control when he isn't starting. However, with him gone, I'm sure Zeke is gonna try to up the dosage of Nate Robinson who is a cancer to me for the Knicks. I hope he just extends Stephs minutes
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:08 PM   #18
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

No matter how many ****** jamal crawford has, he's going to be missed.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 PM   #19
jjswifty
7
 
jjswifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,826
jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Our record speaks for itself. Ever since his addition to this team they haven't had a single winning season. Not one. Yeah, he'll be missed.

So you blame the crappy knicks on Crawford?
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #20
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
So you blame the crappy knicks on Crawford?

No.

Not him. Why would I blame him? He has not given me one reason for losing countless games while forcing up a shot that was impossible to shoot much less make while being covered by 3 players when he can pass it out or under the basket. Nah, he doesn't get any of the blame. He hasn't cost us one game yet. Keep it up JC, you are the Knicks. Desperation forced shots you have never taken in you tenure as a Knick. NEVER.

....spare me.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:28 PM   #21
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
No.

Not him. Why would I blame him? He has not given me one reason for losing countless games while forcing up a shot that was impossible to shoot much less make while being covered by 3 players when he can pass it out or under the basket. Nah, he doesn't get any of the blame. He hasn't cost us one game yet. Keep it up JC, you are the Knicks. Desperation forced shots you have never taken in you tenure as a Knick. NEVER.

....spare me.


I hate Jerom James more than him but, JC gets more playing time. They both don't know what to do with the ball when they get it. Crapford should get wiser not dumber. But, me blame him? Naahh...
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #22
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 271
Don Che has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Maybe JC can learn the game finally instead of bein a total idiot.
Quentin and Nate will get more minutes. Which could help cuz Nate can help a lot off da bench.
Screw what ppl say he can play
In the start of the year he was our best gaurd over all the overpaid bums we have.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #23
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,708
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

one thing i give crawford credit for is his ability to keep us in games with his streaky shooting when shots arent falling for the rest of our players. He's best when everyone else is playing poorly. Unfortunately on the flip side, not many players can play their best ball with him "hot". He's irratic and a ball hog at times so him being "on" can be both good and bad. Nate getting more playing time is the thing i'm more worried about. Im glad the whole brawl happened so we could get a break without nate. I feel like our team and his true colors started to show. He's terrible. He disrupts our whole chemistry and we change he entire complexion and style of our team. We go from a balanced half court team that can push the rock to a wild adrenaline streak shooting team that lives and dies by highlight plays. I'de rather the balance. It's not as pretty but obviously it's more effective.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #24
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
brooklynchild155's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: California
Posts: 780
brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

its bullsh*t that crawford has to miss the rest of the season but im confident nate robinson will pick up the slack. one thing about nate is that he can score. and with the way teams double curry he can hit alot of open shoots.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #25
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
its bullsh*t that crawford has to miss the rest of the season but im confident nate robinson will pick up the slack. one thing about nate is that he can score. and with the way teams double curry he can hit alot of open shoots.

Yeah, Nate, he'll take us to the playoffs. I'd rather see Francis. Nate is a sideshow. Nothing more nothing less. By the way guys, no playoffs for the Knicks. Last nights game against the Celtics was a disgrace. Lee needs to return now. They still won't make the playoffs but he gives them heart. Frye is lacking that.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:09 AM   #26
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!
 
oldknickfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY: Chumps to champs by 2012?
Posts: 1,389
oldknickfan has decent reputation
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo
Dude, this is good news. I hate he crazy shooting a$$. He's out of control on the court. Better shot decisions will be done. Good news indeed!!!

I have to disagree. Crawford game has matured and last year and this he has been playing the best ball of his career. For 2 years, he has been the most consistent Knick.

His turnovers and wild shots are way down. The Knicks will not only miss his clutch shooting down the stretch, but also his passing, penetrating and ball handling. Jamal is the best free-throw shooter on the team except for to Francis. Crawford's game has also made Curry and Marbury much more effective. Curry who scored only 16 in the last game remarked that he did not realize how much he missed Crawford until he was gone. Crawford gave Curry 2-3 easy dunks a game.

A big loss. But lets hope that the whole team or at least someone steps up.

Francis is going to play tonight. Perhaps extra PT will spark him to return to his previous dominance. But who knows?
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #27
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
I have to disagree. Crawford game has matured and last year and this he has been playing the best ball of his career. For 2 years, he has been the most consistent Knick.

His turnovers and wild shots are way down. The Knicks will not only miss his clutch shooting down the stretch, but also his passing, penetrating and ball handling. Jamal is the best free-throw shooter on the team except for to Francis. Crawford's game has also made Curry and Marbury much more effective. Curry who scored only 16 in the last game remarked that he did not realize how much he missed Crawford until he was gone. Crawford gave Curry 2-3 easy dunks a game.

A big loss. But lets hope that the whole team or at least someone steps up.

Francis is going to play tonight. Perhaps extra PT will spark him to return to his previous dominance. But who knows?


The team is playing better without JC. I don't miss him. I won't miss him if he never comes back. No basketball smarts. Just huck and shoot the rock mentality will not win games for the Knicks. Bon voyage, JC. Big win without him.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #28
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,349
bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Crawford is a terrible basketball player. All he can do is chuck the ball up and see if it goes through the hoop or in Curry's hands for a dunk.

He can't really do anything else, can't pass, can't dribble, have you seen him try to play D? That's a joke.........

I think Collins is slowly going to show us that he is a great all around ball player. He just has to work on his shot a little more, but he has one.

At 6'6" Collins is a big player who can play the point and the 2.

Like Balkman, Lee and Frye, Collins is our future. Crawford's best will be off the bench for instant offense. I hope it's for another teams though.

Unless he spends the next off season working on his fundamentals, especially defense he can go elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 AM   #29
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life
 
Amigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,642
Amigo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Crawford is a terrible basketball player. All he can do is chuck the ball up and see if it goes through the hoop or in Curry's hands for a dunk.

He can't really do anything else, can't pass, can't dribble, have you seen him try to play D? That's a joke.........

I think Collins is slowly going to show us that he is a great all around ball player. He just has to work on his shot a little more, but he has one.

At 6'6" Collins is a big player who can play the point and the 2.

Like Balkman, Lee and Frye, Collins is our future. Crawford's best will be off the bench for instant offense. I hope it's for another teams though.

Unless he spends the next off season working on his fundamentals, especially defense he can go elsewhere as far as I'm concerned.

I'm with you, especially the last part. Go to another team to practice your heave ho shots.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:38 PM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,708
franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Crawford out for season?

I can't go as far as saying Crawford is a horrible player but I can say he shouldn't be starting. We should use him like Ben Gordon is often used on the Bulls (even though Ben should always be starting IMO).A scoring spark off the bench much like an earl boykins when he was on Denver. As for Nate being able to pick up the slack...firt of all there isn't any slack becuz we are playing better without Crawford and secondly NATE SUCKS!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy