Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #1
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation
Default When Amare returns...

will he take control over the team so much that other team members do not have a chance to peroform as well???

lets say the team averages 110ppg...

Amare averages 28ppg, that means other players will have less ppg...

people like Marion, Diaw, Thomas, Nash, Bell, Barbosa...

do you think it's OK, or what?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I think there are too many other scorer's on the team for him to average 28 a game first of all. Second of all, his knee might not allow him to be that good ever again. He might have to defer more to other players.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:10 AM   #3
albertpujols
High School Varsity 6th Man

albertpujols has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I think there are too many other scorer's on the team for him to average 28 a game first of all. Second of all, his knee might not allow him to be that good ever again. He might have to defer more to other players.

Agreed. On the season, he struggled with the up-tempo style of play, and really did not get into the flow of things.
albertpujols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

He will probably average around 20-22 per game. Although he is capable of more, its just not needed. His injury also will force him to develop a more varied arsenal of post moves, which will widen his game. I think PHX will have a totally different look next year. We will be able to finally show teams that are team is VERY capable of playing defense, which will be the case once Kurt gets back. Also, PHX will not have to live and Die with their jumper. Amare will be there to give them another option of scoring, something that caught up with them in the playoffs. Teams will not have to think more in depth when applying defensive schemes to PHX, especially with Diaw beginnnig to develop a jumper.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

I think the next year the Suns should be very consistent, with a lot of scoring options and with Stat, Kurt defending the paint it should be a great year for Suns (and us, Suns fans )

BTW: I am still hoping that Nikolaz will develop in a player that he was projected...
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
BTW: I am still hoping that Nikolaz will develop in a player that he was projected...

The Suns have also informed Dijon Thompson that they will not pick up his option for a second season and same scenario is likely for forward/center Nikolas Tskitishvili. That leaves roster spots to work with as the team welcomes back Amaré Stoudemire, pursues Tim Thomas in free agency and seeks more quality depth despite a limited money pool.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_060623.html

It doesn't look like it'll happen here.

Last edited by Rab : 06-28-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpujols
Agreed. On the season, he struggled with the up-tempo style of play, and really did not get into the flow of things.

Ugh? How do you think that, it seemed like he flourished in that play.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #8
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
The Suns have also informed Dijon Thompson that they will not pick up his option for a second season and same scenario is likely for forward/center Nikolas Tskitishvili. That leaves roster spots to work with as the team welcomes back Amaré Stoudemire, pursues Tim Thomas in free agency and seeks more quality depth despite a limited money pool.

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_060623.html

It doesn't look like it'll happen here.

I thought that Nikolas will remain a Sun - DiAntony was his coach when he was playing in Italy... He is probably playing for the minimum.... so WTF?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:08 PM   #9
sunsfan8406
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sunsfan8406 has an OK reputation so far

The SUNS aren't going to sign Tskitishvili because he sucks...
sunsfan8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8406
The SUNS aren't going to sign Tskitishvili because he sucks...

Ok. But still Di'Antony was very high on him.... If Denver wouldn't draft Nikoloz, Phoenix would. That is a fact... Di'Antony was very clear on that.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #11
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Yeah, he talked about him being a project, but there is just way too many better players on this team. He'll never sniff the court during big games.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #12
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Nash won't have to score 20, Marion's PPG should go down as should TT's. Other scoring averages will drop a bit here and there, I doubt House and Jones average double figures again.

I don't think he'll dominate the ball right after coming back from an injury but mid-50% FGP with 18-22 a game seems about right.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #13
sunsfan8406
Can barely lace up my sneakers

sunsfan8406 has an OK reputation so far

house and jones aren't going to be back next year, so you won't have to worry if they are going to score in double figures...
sunsfan8406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #14
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Here's a thought I had late last night. Matrix for Ben Wallace in a sign and trade (with other minor parts to make it fit). Oooo I like that idea
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #15
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Here's a thought I had late last night. Matrix for Ben Wallace in a sign and trade (with other minor parts to make it fit). Oooo I like that idea

I am sorry, but this would be the stupidest trade ever IMO.

-Wallece is OLD.
-Wallece CAN'T play OFFENSE
-Wallece COULDN'T RUN the floor
-Matrix makes about 15mil.$, Wallece will make about 15mil., so there in no point in this becuse the only reason the Suns would have to trade Shawn is becuse they want to sign (resign) Diaw and Barbosa.
-If Wallece would come to Phoenix it would make a big position jam...
Diaw, Studemire, K Thomas, Wallece, T Thomas would have to share 4 and 5

Are you serious?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: