Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-28-2007, 12:08 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Charles Barkley on Scottie Pippen's desire to play again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny37
The man speaks the truth.

His last couple seasons with Portland were pitiful.

Not as bad as his last year with Chicago, He missed a game because his eye got poked.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM   #17
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
If scottie has 7 championships (6 with CHI, 1 with HOU) Why does he need to come back to a contender?

Did he run out of money? If he wants to come back to the NBA right now...it should not be more than an assistant Coach.

Charles made a point...He retired because he couldn't play....exactly how has pippen improved himself over the past 2 years?

Rockets were eliminated in first round when Scottie played with them in the lockout season 1998-1999. He only has 6 championships.

BTW, everyone should know that Barkley and Pippen have a history of not liking each other, in fact it probably contributed for the lousy season Scottie had with the Rockets.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM   #18
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
"I fully support any decision that Scottie Pippen makes."

And then shuts his mouth.

That's the typical answer that any half-assed analysis, player, or former player would make. You really rather hear what guys are "supposed to say" in interviews, as opposed to what they really feel? Do you know how boring that would be.

Who do you think will win the championship?
Well I think every team has a great chance. The just need to work hard and play together.

How do you feel about David Stern's decision to use a new ball?
David Stern is a very smart man, and I believe any decision he makes is a good one.

Do you believe Steve Nash deserved both of his MVP's?
I think Steve is a tremendous player, and he loves to get his teammates involved. He's an all around terrific teammate.

Is that honestly what you want? Robotic answers?

I don't know if Chuck actually believes this or if he's just doing it for the reputation, but it certainly beats the hell out of LeBron's interviews.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #19
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
"I fully support any decision that Scottie Pippen makes."

And then shuts his mouth.
That's retarded. Chuck's entitled to his opinion just like anyone else. Pippen's a big boy; he can handle it.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:20 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Rockets were eliminated in first round when Scottie played with them in the lockout season 1998-1999. He only has 6 championships.

Are you sure about that?

I could have sworn that Olojuwan was on a team with pippen and cassel and won it.

i will research that.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:36 AM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

The years Hakeem won Scottie lost to the Knicks and the Magic.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:07 AM   #22
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

The thing I like about Chuck is that even though he spouts a lot of useless but entertaining faeces, he also makes some really good points.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:06 AM   #23
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Are you sure about that?

I could have sworn that Olojuwan was on a team with pippen and cassel and won it.

i will research that.

you're mistaking Pippen for Drexler
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #24
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Are you sure about that?

i will research that.

Pippen was MJ sidekick all the while while Hakeem was playing
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:21 AM   #25
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i will research that.

With quotes like that, who needs enemies? You should create a new username if you don't know Scottie "only" won 6 championships with the Bulls.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If scottie has 7 championships (6 with CHI, 1 with HOU) Why does he need to come back to a contender?

Did he run out of money? If he wants to come back to the NBA right now...it should not be more than an assistant Coach.

Charles made a point...He retired because he couldn't play....exactly how has pippen improved himself over the past 2 years?
1 with houston? i want to smoke whatever you're smoking
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:05 AM   #27
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

Anybody remember Scottie's last years in Portland? Not good.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMshooter
Anybody remember Scottie's last years in Portland? Not good.
how about his last year in chicago when he was too banged up to even play? he's a very smart player, but without his athleticism, i'm not sure how useful he is.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 AM   #29
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
how about his last year in chicago when he was too banged up to even play? he's a very smart player, but without his athleticism, i'm not sure how useful he is.

Would he even be able to adjust defensively to the new rules? Reggie Miller would have a better chance of coming back and making a difference to a team.

And I can't tell you how much it kills me to say that.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:30 AM   #30
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

someone actually said "i believe pippen was with hakeem the year he won it with cassell???????
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: