Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #1
EveryManALion
MamaThereGoesThatMan

EveryManALion is considered somewhat coolEveryManALion is considered somewhat cool
Default How good is Derrick Favors?

I have not seen one WHOLE Utah Jazz game in probably over two years. How good is this kid and did he deserve the extension he got? Genuine questions.

Last edited by EveryManALion : 12-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
EveryManALion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: How good is Derrick Favors?

i thought this would be the breakout year for him. right now people would think cousins is better between the 2 but i think favors can still make a case ..

dude is a force defensively he just need to learn when not to jump on a head fake and get slammed
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
EveryManALion
MamaThereGoesThatMan

EveryManALion is considered somewhat coolEveryManALion is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i thought this would be the breakout year for him. right now people would think cousins is better between the 2 but i think favors can still make a case ..

dude is a force defensively he just need to learn when not to jump on a head fake and get slammed

Whoa people compare Favors to Boogie? Damn, I thought it was no contest, DMC is clearly the better player.
EveryManALion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryManALion
Whoa people compare Favors to Boogie? Damn, I thought it was no contest, DMC is clearly the better player.
Kantar and Favors combined would struggle to be as good as Cousins let alone Derrick by himself. Favors is by a wide margin the worst out of the three big's drafted in the top 10 in 2010 and he was taken the highest.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 12-05-2013 at 09:14 PM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #5
redboy
Decent playground baller

redboy has an OK reputation so far

dmc looks like he's figured out or come close to figuring out how to be a dominant big man

favors on the other hand is looking average on the worst team in the nba
redboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
iTare
Bruj|YGS|Tare

iTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableiTare is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by redboy
dmc looks like he's figured out or come close to figuring out how to be a dominant big man

favors on the other hand is looking average on the worst team in the nba
Favors is playing for the Nets?
iTare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Derrick Favors has been fantastic this year. The issue with not watching Jazz games in judging him as a player is not knowing how badly the Jazz need him on the floor.

Kanter can score and (sometimes) rebound, but he is not nearly the presence that Favors is.

I won't make any judgments on DeMarcus Cousins because I haven't seen him play. There's no double-standard. From what I've heard, he's playing spectacularly well, albeit the wins haven't been forthcoming.

Watch them play the game, then make a judgment. No one here, except maybe andremiller whose post I strongly disagree with, can make that claim.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
Derrick Favors has been fantastic this year. The issue with not watching Jazz games in judging him as a player is not knowing how badly the Jazz need him on the floor.

Kanter can score and (sometimes) rebound, but he is not nearly the presence that Favors is.

I won't make any judgments on DeMarcus Cousins because I haven't seen him play. There's no double-standard. From what I've heard, he's playing spectacularly well, albeit the wins haven't been forthcoming.

Watch them play the game, then make a judgment. No one here, except maybe andremiller whose post I strongly disagree with, can make that claim.
You think Favors is better than both Cousins and Greg Monroe? Or was it the combined part which obviously was an exaggeration?

My issue is for years Jazz fans been shiting on Jefferson and Milsap like they were holding these two "stars" back and the moment they leave Kantar is coming off the bench for Marvin Williams while Favors plays solid, I like Favors (got good potential) but at this point in time he's not in the same class as Monroe or Cousins there all around games are on a different level.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
You think Favors is better than both Cousins and Greg Monroe? Or was it the combined part which obviously was an exaggeration?

My issue is for years Jazz fans been shiting on Jefferson and Milsap like they were holding these two "stars" back and the moment they leave Kantar is coming off the bench for Marvin Williams while Favors plays solid, I like Favors (got good potential) but at this point in time he's not in the same class as Monroe or Cousins there all around games are on a different level.

I'm sorry. I thought you meant Kanter was better than Favors. I can't comment on either Monroe or Cousins, but Favors is phenomenal for this team.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpibb
I'm sorry. I thought you meant Kanter was better than Favors. I can't comment on either Monroe or Cousins, but Favors is phenomenal for this team.
I don't doubt he is, he's got the highest ceiling on the team and I look forward to the two match ups between him and Cousins late this week and early next. Kantar to me looks like a better shooting worse athlete/defending Gortat at this point in time.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #11
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

Quote:
I don't doubt he is, he's got the highest ceiling on the team and I look forward to the two match ups between him and Cousins late this week and early next. Kantar to me looks like a better shooting worse athlete/defending Gortat at this point in time.

Cool. Would rep if I could right now. My bad, man.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #12
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
My issue is for years Jazz fans been shiting on Jefferson and Milsap like they were holding these two "stars" back and the moment they leave Kantar is coming off the bench for Marvin Williams while Favors plays solid

Al was holding the Jazz back!

Favors is looking a lot better. He's got a ways to go to be worth his contract though.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #13
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He´s good.

You can tell by the difference in performance from the Jazz between home and road that they are clearly tanking. They are respectable at home. If they intended to win and therefore hired a real coach, they could probably win 28-32 games with their current roster. Next year they´ll likely have a core of Burke, SG, Hayward, Parker, Favors. They´ll be one of the most fun teams to watch, unless of course they keep Corbin. The Jazz are a winning franchise with a winning culture. They are not stupid. I don´t expect this struggle to last long with their assets and capspace.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #14
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
He´s good.

You can tell by the difference in performance from the Jazz between home and road that they are clearly tanking. They are respectable at home. If they intended to win and therefore hired a real coach, they could probably win 28-32 games with their current roster. Next year they´ll likely have a core of Burke, SG, Hayward, Parker, Favors. They´ll be one of the most fun teams to watch, unless of course they keep Corbin. The Jazz are a winning franchise with a winning culture. They are not stupid. I don´t expect this struggle to last long with their assets and capspace.

They'll likely have Parker? How do you figure? Even with the worst record which they don't have there is no guarantee. Hayward is likely gone too. The cap space won't last long.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #15
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
They'll likely have Parker? How do you figure? Even with the worst record which they don't have there is no guarantee. Hayward is likely gone too. The cap space won't last long.

As I explained previously the talent at the top of the draft is very similar and if necessary the Jazz can offer Kanter to trade up a spot or two. Say the Bucks end wit the top pick and the Jazz #2. Do the Bucks say no to #2 pick and Kanter for the #1 pick.

How do you figure Hayward is gone? The Jazz tried to sign Hayward to an extension, but he wanted above market value, so they said let´s see that next summer. They can always match whatever offer he receives.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: