Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Carney doesn't have the potential that Vince had. Carney is just an athelete a la Iguodala. They're not becoming 7 time all stars in this league scoring 24ppg over their careers. They should be looking to be as good Caron Butler or Gerald Wallace.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #17
Bill Swerski

Listen, a Bulls fan feels robbed that Pax traded Carney for Sefolosha.

Carney, Gay, and Morrison will be the best players from this draft.

Rodney Carney @ #16 is a ridiculous bargain, almost of Josh Howard proportions...
Old 06-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #18
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Josh Howard isn't a Richard Jefferson and certainly isn't a Vince Carter. That is the player Carney should be looking foraward to becoming and not VC or RJ.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #19
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns4Life
You talking about being as good as Carter's potential, or as good as Carter? 2 different things

I mentioned the duo could lock down the wings like RJeff and Vince. Will either be as good or better then Vince? Probably not, but 2 high flyers who can score, add excitment on the wings isnt possible? I think it is. It wont happen overnight, or next season but they are both young talent. Incredibly athletic.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:30 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Josh Howard isn't a Richard Jefferson and certainly isn't a Vince Carter. That is the player Carney should be looking foraward to becoming and not VC or RJ.

Get real Josh doesnt have the athletic ability Carney has. Vince Carter does. Vince didnt come out of college as the Vince you see today. The Vince dropping 50 on the Sixers in the playoffs in a great duel vs AI.

No trying not to say Carney = next Vince, but there are similarities and Carney can be among those athletic SG's like Jrich (who was once compared to Vince). He'll be in that respect. Not Josh Howard
Old 06-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #21
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

BAH!!@!@!@!!@ I want Kyle Lowry. He'd be a better player off the bench...but I think Marcus' off the court troubles cost him a top 15 pick.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #22
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I'm very happy that we got a top 10 pick with the 22nd pick.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #23
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

The Suns should, right now, desperately beg New Jersey to trade them Marcus for for the 2 PGs they drafted and pray. Nets got a gift from God, and the Suns are just going downward.

Although I do think Sergio Rod will turn out good. But seriously, Rajon Rondo? Why not just trade the god damn pick. He is a precise physical copy of a guy they already have, only without any skill whatsoever.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #24
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputationKujo has decent reputation

The Net's got the steal of the Draft. No way did they think or expect Williams would be available at the 22nd pick. This was a gift. They got the best PG in the draft at 22.

This is a great situation for Williams. Perfect I think. He can learn from one of the best PG's in the NBA without too much pressure.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #25
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd give him all of Vaughns minutes, and let him get maybe 15 minutes a game. It was the perfect pickup for the Nets, they've been looking for a good backup for Kidd. Kidd's actually trying to cut down on his minutes, and if Williams can play now and they see it, I don't think he nor Frank would have a problem cutting Kidd's minutes down to like 33-34 and save him more for the playoffs
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #26
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default asdfsdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
The Suns should, right now, desperately beg New Jersey to trade them Marcus for for the 2 PGs they drafted and pray. Nets got a gift from God, and the Suns are just going downward.

Although I do think Sergio Rod will turn out good. But seriously, Rajon Rondo? Why not just trade the god damn pick. He is a precise physical copy of a guy they already have, only without any skill whatsoever.

Ahh wonderboy is out to clown guys with his complete lack of college basketball.. again!

Rondo is a speedy PG who was acknowledged several times throughout the duration of the season because of the Athletic Ability translates to NBA success theory, which also benefits Rudy Gay.

You know what I'm talking about right?

And what do you actually know about Rajon. He was the heart of Kentucky past year, and is one of the best defenders/penetrators/ballhandlers in all of CBB. As a PG i would rate him third to Lowry and M. Williams. Who cares if he can't shoot well? The guy can find a way around his bigazz dinnerplate hands, preferrably bank shots or layups (what he'z a king at)

I'm just telling you GeeWhiz, you're the man and all but calm the ***** down on your opinoins you got a lot of "credibility" as an NBA poster, but no need to confuse the beginners of CBB, cuz you for one, are an uninformed one yourself.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:03 AM   #27
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Great situation indeed. He's gonna be mentored by J. Kidd. One of the best to ever do it. And he gets to stay in the Northeast.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 AM   #28
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Did Williams show up to workouts out of shape?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:32 AM   #29
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Hardly mad because I like the Carney pick. And would Marcus Williams/AI backcourt have worked? Not so certain it would have. Carney/Iggy gonna be lockin down the wings ala Rjeff/Vince. They both have that kind of upside.

The **** Gobb... You aint that stupid. Iggy in college wasnt as good as Carter was as a rookie. Barely as good as Jefferson as a rookie. This is in college, as the star. Think about it. Iggy is a good defensive player, solid as in he wont do stupid ****, on offense. Carney isnt even that good.

Good deal for NJ. Jefferson and Carter are athletic enough to play against most 4's(Duncan and Brand are basically the only guys left that will towel them up in the post) and as a result they can run Marcus a good 25 a night with Kidd playing SG, hell even Marcus could play there for the most part. I like the pick.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #30
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
The **** Gobb... You aint that stupid. Iggy in college wasnt as good as Carter was as a rookie. Barely as good as Jefferson as a rookie. This is in college, as the star. Think about it. Iggy is a good defensive player, solid as in he wont do stupid ****, on offense. Carney isnt even that good.

I never said Iggy was Vince Carter so I dont know what you're talkin about. How hard is it to interpret that Carney and Iggy can be like RJeff and Vince are in NJ?

Carney isnt even that good based on what exactly?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: