Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rumour: Lowry to New York

Nets don't have a 1st until 2020 right? Not sure why Nets are even interested with Dwill and don't they have CJ Watson as a quality backup?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #17
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Never thought I'd say this but I'm excited to see Lowry get dealt because we'll really see what type of GM we have in Masai. After reports of Dolan turning down a deal, we'll see Masai's negotiation tactics come in play. If he plays hard ball and ends up getting Shump, Hardaway, 2018 1st or something as good he'll have my support 100% no matter what he does. He could trade JV for a 2030 2nd and I'd support it

I don't believe the Felton+MWP+2018 1st package for Lowry is accurate though. I just can't see why Masai would make a deal like that especially in early December. If there were no better offers on the table I could see him making a deal like that near the deadline. Lowry is playing his best ball right now and his value is only going to go up with Rudy off the team. We hold the leverage on Knicks, their PG is injured and they're having a terrible season so far. Add on the pressure to make Carmelo happy I just don't see why Masai would make a deal like that at this time.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they can get a deal with the Nets going that involves Plumlee, I'd be thrilled. I'd much rather have him than Shumpert. Amir would have to be traded though for him to get any playing time. I've been a big fan of Plumlee for a while. Very athletic and smart. Just robotic and not very skilled on offense though.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #19
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Nets don't have a 1st until 2020 right? Not sure why Nets are even interested with Dwill and don't they have CJ Watson as a quality backup?

Apparently they have a 24 year old in Europe that Ujiri scouted. Not sure they have anything Ujiri wants. The price for Lowry seems to be a first round pick.

Maybe they want something like what Phoenix has, plus they are desparate to win now. Lowry>Alan Anderson for sure.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #20
kmart
No props needed

The NBA Central™ ‏@TheNBACentral 15 Dec
Nets and Knicks are both willing to trade alot for Kyle Lowry from the Raptors. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Just waiting for Masai to pull the trigger already.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #21
kmart
No props needed

Also Knicks lost tonight and lost Prigioni as well.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #22
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Also Knicks lost tonight and lost Prigioni as well.

To be honest if we trade Lowry to NYK I want more than Felton and Shumpert. Shumpert has never averaged more than 10ppg in his career and shoots 40% from the floor on average. I don't know why the Knicks think he is such an unbelievable prospect.. I understand he is only 23 years old but I don't think he's shown much to assert himself as someone who could be an efficient player in this league.

I would totally pull the trigger on a Felton and Tim Hardaway Jr. for Lowry deal. THJ has shown more already in this rookie season than Shump in the past 3 years IMO.

But of course, many Knick fans would be against this trade and think they can get Lowry straight up for Felton.. but Masai would never eat up his salary without getting a valuable asset in return.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 AM   #23
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
To be honest if we trade Lowry to NYK I want more than Felton and Shumpert. Shumpert has never averaged more than 10ppg in his career and shoots 40% from the floor on average. I don't know why the Knicks think he is such an unbelievable prospect.. I understand he is only 23 years old but I don't think he's shown much to assert himself as someone who could be an efficient player in this league.

I would totally pull the trigger on a Felton and Tim Hardaway Jr. for Lowry deal. THJ has shown more already in this rookie season than Shump in the past 3 years IMO.

But of course, many Knick fans would be against this trade and think they can get Lowry straight up for Felton.. but Masai would never eat up his salary without getting a valuable asset in return.

Agree with your analysis on the players.

Reports said Masai wanted two of Shumpert, Hardaway Jr, and a 2016 first round pick just for taking in Felton and giving up Lowry. Its not like he wants to give Lowry away for nothing. The price is high!
Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 AM   #24
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Reports said Masai wanted two of Shumpert, Hardaway Jr, and a 2016 first round pick just for taking in Felton and giving up Lowry. Its not like he wants to give Lowry away for nothing. The price is high!

We would win that trade by a mile. God bless Masai

Felton is actually a pretty good player for under $4 million a year too. Just needs to lose some weight haha

We pay Fields, Hayes and Salmons more money and I think he's a better all around player than all of them. I know we just traded for Hayes and Salmons to shed Gay's contract but just using that as a comparison example.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #25
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

I think Dolan the "media savy" or is it "media hater" owner is simply too afraid to pull a one up deal with Toronto.

Nets would love Klow as a 1-2 combo but apparently are not in serious running.

I "think" - not hear - that Klow and OAsik Houston may be linked. There is likely a three way or even 4 way team trade out there (ala Denver, Orlando, Philly for Bynum) where Toronto ends up with drafts and youth... and the other teams end up with the part they want. Could even be Asik here but I dont see how that works out unless it is more player i.e. Landry / Ross and some of the youth talent we acquired vis a vis Sacremento

Look at the history of MU from Denver. He stepped in to get Iggy.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #26
Jballer
Local High School Star

Lets see if Thedeus Young ends up a Raptor , Asik a 76er, Rockets with Klow again and drfat picks.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #27
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Lets see if Thedeus Young ends up a Raptor , Asik a 76er, Rockets with Klow again and drfat picks.

Rockets don't want Lowry. They have Beverly and Lin.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #28
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I also hope that the Raptors wouldn't want Thad Young.

He's basically the SF version of Derozan. A maybe slightly above average overall player. Also a wing that can't create much off the dribble and doesn't have a good outside shot. Plus he has another 2 years on his contract after this season at around ~$9 million per. Getting someone like Young would be the ultimate treadmill move.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #29
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I will take my hat off to the guy isf he manages to swing that trade. I bet they're trying to get Val or Amir off of us though.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #30
Jballer
Local High School Star

Quote:

Exactly

Beverly and Lin may be why they would take him back.

Or one of the above also ends up in Philly or Toronto... the "additional pieces" to make the cap fit.

In seriousness though Toronto and Houston both have "players to move" and both set the bar high in terms of young talent and picks back combo deals.

Gonna be interesting to see what they accomplish because no team in the east is really out of playoff contention. In the west no team really needs a big like Asik or a PG like Klow. The depth of PGs in the west is embarassing...

Now I suppose one might argue the Thunder would love a Klow as insurance but again the Thunder are not the type of team that makes generous give aways in young talent and picks..

My gut tells me right now that the only deal for Klow involves a 3 or 4 team swap with Houston also in the mix. Its difficult to see Houston and Toronto both getting first rounders.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: