Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Rumour: Lowry to New York

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 44s
Latest trade scuttle: Raptors trying to construct deal with Knicks that would send Kyle Lowry to New York
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Rumour: Lowry to New York

I'd take some more of those sweet 1st rounders the Knicks like to give up.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool

The only thing I can see working is Lowry for Felton and Shumpert. It would also work with Hardaway Jr. in the package but that would be a long shot. Hopefully we can squeeze out a 1st round pick if they can't include Hardaway since we gave one up to acquire him in the first place.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l276oz6
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

God I hope we don't take back any players from NY, their roster is awful except for maybe Shumpert, Hardaway and Udrih
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
kmart
No props needed

Cool Re: Rumour: Lowry to New York

I don't think Knicks have many more first rounders they want to give up.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
kmart
No props needed

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 15m
Y! Sources: As Toronto widens talks on Kyle Lowry, Knicks inclined to add 2018 first-round pick to get a deal done. http://yhoo.it/JjDdvi

Looks like a 2018 draft pick is coming our way. Masai might rob the Knicks again. First he gets them to take Bargs and now this.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
The New York Knicks are pursuing Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry with a package of Raymond Felton, Metta World Peace and a 2018 first-round draft pick, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Within the Knicks, there's hesitance on including the draft pick, but there's no chance a deal for Lowry could get done without it, sources said. Nevertheless, there's still doubt on how long New York will keep a pick on the table, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/knicks-...204933654.html

My guess is that MWP will be bought out and Felton will boost the sales of twinkies at your nearest 7-11
Old 12-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #8
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmart
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 15m
Y! Sources: As Toronto widens talks on Kyle Lowry, Knicks inclined to add 2018 first-round pick to get a deal done. http://yhoo.it/JjDdvi

Looks like a 2018 draft pick is coming our way. Masai might rob the Knicks again. First he gets them to take Bargs and now this.
I'd totally do that.

The 1st round pick makes up for having to take Felton's useless ass and then some. Felton would stick around as a shitty backup PG. Maybe bought out sometime next year. Metta would probably get bought out right away.

This just makes you realize how shitty of a situation Colangelo put the Raptors in. The Raptors would be trading Gay and Lowry not too long after they got them and getting worse returns on both.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

I don't mind trading Lowry and I don't mind getting 1st rounders, but damn 2018 is four years down the road, time value of money man. Lowry is more than solid, on a reasonable contract, he should be able to get us a better deal on the market, if not a 2014 pick at least 2015.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree with bk. It's 2013.14 right now, and that first is 4 seasons away. Chances are by then we would've already gotten rid of that pick for some talent. And even if we didn't, who knows what the state of the team will be in 2018/19
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #11
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just read that Raps asking price is Shumpert, Hardaway Jr., Felton and that 2018 first rounder. And the snag is that the Knicks don't want to give up that pick nor do they want to give up Shumpert.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Id like to see them unload Lowry as well, but as BK said we need to see a draft pick come back this year or next ...even if its a lower first. I don't think the knicks are the right trading partner in this case, unless they can somehow produce a first by trading one of their players and making it a three team deal.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #13
kmart
No props needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk33
I don't mind trading Lowry and I don't mind getting 1st rounders, but damn 2018 is four years down the road, time value of money man. Lowry is more than solid, on a reasonable contract, he should be able to get us a better deal on the market, if not a 2014 pick at least 2015.

They don't have a 2014 pick, and since they traded away their 2014 pick they aren't allowed to trade their 2015 pick. We own their 2016 pick, so they can't trade their 2017 pick to us. The nearest tradable pick is their 2018 pick.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #14
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

While it looks like the deal has been vetoed (temporarily at least) I have to echo one of Grange's tweets where he pointed out that while 2018 is far down the road, having a constant stream of multiple first-round picks is what pushes teams over the top in terms of maintaining competetiveness.

In 4 years hopefully we're back on the uptick in terms of attempting to compete and that extra infusion of cheap talent could be key. Especially given how likely it is that the Knicks will still be awful.

Here's hoping the trade goes through, or atleast something like it with the Nets or Lakers.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
kmart
No props needed

Couple more rumours

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 24m
Knicks front office regrouping on Kyle Lowry with Dolan, but Nets gaining traction as a possibility to land point guard, sources tell Yahoo.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 23m
Raptors are still talking with several teams on a possible trade for Lowry, and nothing is imminent.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: