Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #16
Unregistered

Isaiah Thomas may not be the best GM in regards to in-season personnel moves, but look who he has drafted in past first rounds:

Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby
Tracy McGrady
Channing Frye
David Lee

All of these guys at the very least have survived in the L. There is no way he is around when the 07 Draft happens, but he has a nose for draft talent and when the Knicks finally cut him loose, someone should be hiring him as draft consultant.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:35 PM   #17
Unregistered

Talking Perfect?!?!?!?!? PERFECT?!?!?!?!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
hes from south carolina, hes a lock down defender and is very athletic he's really 6'8, the knicks need defense..it was a perfect pick

No, no...a "perfect pick" would have been Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge, one of whom definitely would have gone to the Knicks had Isiah not given the #2 pick away for a bag of magic beans.

Seriously, are you a cousin of Isiah's? A Knicks employee? Or both?
Old 06-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #18
Unregistered

Talking Um...NO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
Isaiah Thomas may not be the best GM in regards to in-season personnel moves, but look who he has drafted in past first rounds:

Damon Stoudamire
Marcus Camby
Tracy McGrady
Channing Frye
David Lee

All of these guys at the very least have survived in the L. There is no way he is around when the 07 Draft happens, but he has a nose for draft talent and when the Knicks finally cut him loose, someone should be hiring him as draft consultant.

What NBA team, besides the Portland Trailblazers (The Knicks of the West) would hire Isiah Thomas after what he's done in New York? Let me rephrase that...what SELF RESPECTING NBA team would hire Isiah Thomas after what he's done in New York?

A "nose for draft talent"? Let's take a look:

Stoudamire-Decent career, unless you factor in his three marijuana arrests and subsequent suspension.

Marcus Camby- HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Tracy McGrady- A blind person would have chosen TMac at #9 in the 1997 draft. Isiah gets no credit.

Channing Frye-Jury's still out.

David Lee-Ahhhhhhhh...no!

What flavor Kool Aid do you prefer: Lemon Last Place Loser, Sour Grape, Lime Lottery Laughingstock or Pink Slip Pineapple?

You Isiah Booster Butt Boys must also think the Bush Administration is doing a great job. If that's the case, then you all get what you deserve.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:56 PM   #19
Unregistered

Hopefully Eddy Curry provides some return on that investment, and if not, there is always Jerome James, who could ever forget this fool parading around with a garbage bag two years ago. Newww Yooork!

Quote:
No, no...a "perfect pick" would have been Tyrus Thomas or LaMarcus Aldridge, one of whom definitely would have gone to the Knicks had Isiah not given the #2 pick away for a bag of magic beans.

Seriously, are you a cousin of Isiah's? A Knicks employee? Or both?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:03 PM   #20
Unregistered

Talking Wow...

Quote:
Hopefully Eddy Curry provides some return on that investment, and if not, there is always Jerome James, who could ever forget this fool parading around with a garbage bag two years ago. Newww Yooork!

Hey, I feel for Knicks fans...I honestly do. They deserve to have a team that doesn't have an egomaniac coach, an egomaniac owner, a gm who kills everything he touches and a guy with a heart condition as its best hope for the future. But I just can't fathom why so many Knicks fans are ACTUALLY DEFENDING Isiah's picks. DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT YOU"RE A HUGE REASON FOR THIS INCOMPETENCE???!!!

Get a grip!

Go Celts!
Old 06-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #21
knicksfan3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

knicksfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Stoudamire-Decent career, unless you factor in his three marijuana arrests and subsequent suspension.

Tracy McGrady- A blind person would have chosen TMac at #9 in the 1997 draft. Isiah gets no credit.

Care explaining to me how Marcus Camby is "HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"
and David Lee is "Ahhhhhhhh...no!". Want to expalin what you say because the only thing Zeke does do good is draft. He has always had an eye for talent and college player evaluation. I hate the pick but im trusting him cuz Zeke picked him. He knows what this team needs and he went out there last ngiht and got to hustle hard kids. Also Zeke is trying to save his job its his last chance. He thought out this pik cuz if Balkman makes a certain impact to the Knicks it can save his job.

Last edited by knicksfan3 : 06-29-2006 at 03:10 PM.
knicksfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #22
Unregistered

Quote:
What NBA team, besides the Portland Trailblazers (The Knicks of the West) would hire Isiah Thomas after what he's done in New York? Let me rephrase that...what SELF RESPECTING NBA team would hire Isiah Thomas after what he's done in New York?

What flavor Kool Aid do you prefer: Lemon Last Place Loser, Sour Grape, Lime Lottery Laughingstock or Pink Slip Pineapple?

You Isiah Booster Butt Boys must also think the Bush Administration is doing a great job. If that's the case, then you all get what you deserve.

If you had an NBA franchise today, and you could replace anyone on your roster with anyone on that list, there is no way you don't pull that off. For every "questionable pick" there are those players that are absolute busts or guys who will never see the NBA. Are you saying that as of today, you would take anyone in this draft over anyone in Thomas's previous years? (David Lee, yeah, but who else are you going to draft at that point last year, Robert Whaley??) As for TMac, how did the other 8 teams pass him up (err...7. Tim Duncan was can't miss)?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #23
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey, I feel for Knicks fans...I honestly do. They deserve to have a team that doesn't have an egomaniac coach, an egomaniac owner, a gm who kills everything he touches and a guy with a heart condition as its best hope for the future. But I just can't fathom why so many Knicks fans are ACTUALLY DEFENDING Isiah's picks. DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT YOU"RE A HUGE REASON FOR THIS INCOMPETENCE???!!!

Get a grip!

Go Celts!

What would actually happen if New York decided to not have a GM for the next 5 years. Would they actually be better off just be having someone sitting in the GM chair, do nothing, and wait for all of these riduculous contracts to expire.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #24
hehehaha
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hehehaha has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Its too bad for Damon i think that trade to his hometown portland reunited him with some questionable friends of the past. Since leaving Toronto his career was in a downturn.

Camby: i don't think you can laugh at that pick. He's had a major injury yea but u can't question his skill set.

TMac- ? being one of the few highschool picks back in the day, i don't think you can say even a blind person would have picked him.

Frye and Lee- i won't comment as i haven't seen enough of them to make an assessment
hehehaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Best case scenario, he becomes Malik Rose. There's no reason to pick him where they did, or in front of some of the other players available.

I like Mardy Collins.
the only difference is that he's a great athlete that can handle the ball, malik is slow and weak but also smart.
balkman is more like JYD, someone that has no pure talent but plays his heart out.

and i like collins too
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM   #26
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

Unregistered your a clown. u probably never seen balkman play and your bad mouthin him. he is exacly what the team needs. your just one of those people who dont appreciate role players. yea he scored under 10 points per game but they dont need him score they jus need him to play with a lot of energy and play good defense. cause when u think about it, it was the same thing with villaneuva. people was bad mouthin villaneuve and he was one of the best rookies all year. it a similar situation with balkman yea he doesnt play offense like villaneuva but villaneuva doest play defense like balkman. people will forget all the bullsh#t they were talkin about balkman.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #27
Unregistered

Talking You're deluded

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
Unregistered your a clown. u probably never seen balkman play and your bad mouthin him. he is exacly what the team needs. your just one of those people who dont appreciate role players. yea he scored under 10 points per game but they dont need him score they jus need him to play with a lot of energy and play good defense. cause when u think about it, it was the same thing with villaneuva. people was bad mouthin villaneuve and he was one of the best rookies all year. it a similar situation with balkman yea he doesnt play offense like villaneuva but villaneuva doest play defense like balkman. people will forget all the bullsh#t they were talkin about balkman.

The fact that any Knicks fan would use the word "Balkman" in the same sentence as "Villanueva" just proves my point...the Knicks sleepwalkers out there just boggle the mind.

I have seen Balkman play and, believe me, he's not going to help the Knicks. I'm certain that no Knicks fan in this forum currently defending this indefensible pick has seen him play. And I'm certain that a year from now, "Balkman" will be one of the nails in Isiah's NBA coffin.

Keep picking the NIT players, Isiah. Leave the real talent to the other 29 NBA teams. And thanks!!! I'm sure the NIT will have a golden parachute waiting for you when you're ushered out of the NBA for good. Then you can ruin the NIT until some other dumbass hires you.

Gawd, you people astonish me.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #28
Unregistered

Talking And another thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155

Please learn basic grammar and spelling before you call someone a clown. It just looks bad, you know?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:46 PM   #29
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
What would actually happen if New York decided to not have a GM for the next 5 years. Would they actually be better off just be having someone sitting in the GM chair, do nothing, and wait for all of these riduculous contracts to expire.

They'd be better off without Isiah, that's for sure.
Has everyone here forgotten that Isiah also gave Chicago the right to swap first round picks with the Knicks next year? So, the Bulls will probably draft at #2 AGAIN next year, while the Knicks draft in the twenties...AGAIN!!! Because Isiah just couldn't live without Eddy Curry. So the Bulls maybe get Greg Oden in 2007 while the Knicks get the Immortal Malik Hairston or Acie "Magic" Law (unless the addition of Balkman makes the Knicks a 60 win team, in which case it's a wash. AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Good gawd, people, put some heat on your bumbling fool of a gm/coach, and on the owner as well. Stop trying to justify their utter incompetence!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:52 PM   #30
Unregistered

Talking Mea culpa...sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hehehaha
Its too bad for Damon i think that trade to his hometown portland reunited him with some questionable friends of the past. Since leaving Toronto his career was in a downturn.

Camby: i don't think you can laugh at that pick. He's had a major injury yea but u can't question his skill set.

TMac- ? being one of the few highschool picks back in the day, i don't think you can say even a blind person would have picked him.

Frye and Lee- i won't comment as i haven't seen enough of them to make an assessment

OK, I'll admit it...Isiah did gamble and win on a McGrady, an unproven high school player.

Camby's frailty should have given every GM pause...and even with his "skill sets", what has he ever done for an NBA team?

Frye could be a star, and I suppose Lee wasn't a bad pick for a late first-rounder.

I just don't think that this group of draftees proves that Isiah has a "nose for talent".
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: