Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #46
Cold soul
Local High School Star

Cold soul has decent reputationCold soul has decent reputation
Default Re: ☆Official Mike D'Antoni Thread: D'Antoni Resigns *CONFIRMED*

Happy days are ahead. I just hope Lakers FO takes their time on finding new HC. There's no need to rush judgement and make another mistake like they did with Brown/MDA.
Cold soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #47
GimmeThat
Good college starter

GimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
Despite not being a fan of his coaching or the appointment D'Antoni was almost doomed from the start at least from the fan perspective (more so the average fan).

where's my camera to put this on youtube. cus all I see is Lakers fans being Kobe and yelling "Trade Bynum's ass for Kidd"

losing Phil Jackson is like losing a close to decline Shaq. Of course you can't just find someone to replace him, and of course it's going to become easier from then on because people WILL finally understand why Mitch picked D'Antoni over Phil, the same way Dr. Buss picked Kobe over Shaq.
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #48
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well it looks like they are targeting some college guys (like I thought). Calipari and Ollie. They also plan to call Steve Kerr.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-...4390--nba.html

I don't think I'd be upset with any of those guys as head coach. Another rumor out there was Derek Fisher. I'm not so sure about him going right from being a player to a coach. Make him an assistant though. There's also that guy who is called the Popovich of the Euroleague. Messini or something like that. The Pistons interviewed him last year. Everyone expects him to be in the NBA this year. Wouldn't they at least have to reach out to coach K? It just makes sense to give it a try.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #49
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some names: George Karl, Byron Scott, Derek Fisher, Kevin Ollie, Calipari, that Euro guy....PLEASE NOT KURT RAMBIS.

-I'd be happy with many of these guys. Ollie would be a damn bold hire. A young, sexy coaching name out there. Has had success fast. He's a seasoned NBA vet as well. Would be good for rebuilding in next 1-2 years.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #50
GimmeThat
Good college starter

GimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGimmeThat posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Lakers didn't enter tank mode because of picking up D'Antoni's contract

they entered tank mode after he resigned.

Irony huh
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #51
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Some names: George Karl, Byron Scott, Derek Fisher, Kevin Ollie, Calipari, that Euro guy....PLEASE NOT KURT RAMBIS.

-I'd be happy with many of these guys. Ollie would be a damn bold hire. A young, sexy coaching name out there. Has had success fast. He's a seasoned NBA vet as well. Would be good for rebuilding in next 1-2 years.

Ollie also has strong LA ties...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:03 PM   #52
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Ollie also has strong LA ties...
I think he'd be a good choice. Similar to Brad Stevens in Boston. Young, innovative types that bring a breath of fresh air, a new identity, etc.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:29 PM   #53
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I think he'd be a good choice. Similar to Brad Stevens in Boston. Young, innovative types that bring a breath of fresh air, a new identity, etc.

Just do something different..lol steal a coach from another team or go outside of the NBA just don't do the retread thing, If you have to go with a currently out of work coach go with somebody like Scott over a Hollins, Van Gundy or Sloan deal...

They're all about the same, solid coaches who never won it all but Scott has respect with the organization, fanbase and local media... he's got history with the team he's at least made the finals... yeah he's had beefs with some players but those guys are all assholes anyways who had beefs with coaches before and after Scott, but still I'd rather seem them do something different Scotts kind of my OK that'll work guy

Ollie is my first choice unless something really shakes loose like a Doc Rivers leaving the Clippers type of thing

Last edited by gts : 05-01-2014 at 04:32 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #54
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Lakers will interview George Karl, Jeff Van Gundy, Byron Scott and Rambis for coaching vacancy. Also, as reported earlier, Calipari + Ollie. The Lakers' list of coaching candidates will keep growing. This thing will take some time, a slow-speed chase if ever there was one. Twitter @Mike_Bresnahan

I'm beginning to think some people are just throwing names out there. JVG for an interview? I could see them making a phone call. An interview is a different thing. I"m not so sure he's ready to coach again.

Edit: I've been reading more. DK is going to love that they are interviewing Dumbleavy again :)

Quote:
In terms of other potential candidates, Lakers officials have long held ESPN analyst Jeff Van Gundy in high regard and, according to sources, plan to again interview former Lakers and Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy, who was considered for the job in the wake of Mike Brown's dismissal, when the Lakers ultimately opted for D'Antoni over Phil Jackson and Dunleavy. ESPN.com

No Coach K.....

Quote:
The team is not expected to pursue Duke legend Mike Krzyzewski this time, after unsuccessfully trying to lobby Krzyzewski to leave Durham in the past, but sources say that L.A. is "intrigued" by both Ollie and Calipari. ESPN.com

Last edited by dd24 : 05-01-2014 at 05:27 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #55
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Noooo please not Dunleavy.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #56
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Well it looks like they are targeting some college guys (like I thought). Calipari and Ollie. They also plan to call Steve Kerr.

I don't think I'd be upset with any of those guys as head coach. Another rumor out there was Derek Fisher. I'm not so sure about him going right from being a player to a coach. Make him an assistant though. There's also that guy who is called the Popovich of the Euroleague. Messini or something like that. The Pistons interviewed him last year. Everyone expects him to be in the NBA this year. Wouldn't they at least have to reach out to coach K? It just makes sense to give it a try.

No Euroleague coaches PLEASE!!!!!!!
I would've been ok with DFish as coach before we hired 'Antoni, but not now.....we need a proven NBA coach. I would love to see DFish as an assistant. Our next coach must be smart of offense and defense as well as know how to adjust his style to fit the players he has.

Jimmy still has his eyes set on Dunleavy......be ready for a DKLAKER tirade rant of epic nuclear proportions if that happens.....I'll probably get at least a month ban from ISH!!!!

Last edited by $LakerGold : 05-01-2014 at 11:11 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 PM   #57
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24

agree about fisher. he is a good leader it seems. one day might make a good couch but needs to learn the ins and outs before running a team.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #58
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputationLakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
agree about fisher. he is a good leader it seems. one day might make a good couch but needs to learn the ins and outs before running a team.

Agreed, will become a good coach one day I hope he'd be a great appointment as an assistant or the number two, I suppose a strategical mind will always be such with or without experience so probably wouldn't be the worst idea I'd rather him than Dunleavey Sr who has been mentioned yet again for some reason, but he certainly wouldn't be my top pick whoever becomes head coach it would be great for him to be brought on as an assistant or even Nash upon retirement as a coach too (assuming he wants to make the transition eventually to head coach).
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:36 PM   #59
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputationLakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeThat
where's my camera to put this on youtube. cus all I see is Lakers fans being Kobe and yelling "Trade Bynum's ass for Kidd"

losing Phil Jackson is like losing a close to decline Shaq. Of course you can't just find someone to replace him, and of course it's going to become easier from then on because people WILL finally understand why Mitch picked D'Antoni over Phil, the same way Dr. Buss picked Kobe over Shaq.

I'm not sure if that's a compliment or a criticism haha?
At least here despite disagreeing opinions you have to have well some passion to actually join a basketball forum so some of the average fan opinions are quite amusing to read especially on social media me and a friend had a competition of find the dumber comment on social media I think I won with a Laker fan wanting to bring back a 42 or whatever year old Shaq out of retirement and Luke Walton back

I think Phil although he's a fantastic coach I don't think he would have wanted to truly coach again he looked burnt out in his last coaching stint (not sure health problems wise think there was a rumour of a cancer diagnosis at the time but not entirely sure), he has a position that at least suits his physical preference these days not having to coach 24/7 or be at every game etc albeit I think he's far more suited to coaching but a least he's more suited to being an executive physically it's not as demanding as all the traveling etc coaches do with the team etc, if it was purely and simply down to head coach and head coach and Jackson was mentally prepared for all of it then it would have been Jackson I think the Lakers FO indeed would have done that but it was more so the effect was more than D'Antoni over Phil it was more D'Antoni over Dwight who whether people rate him anymore or anything like that he wanted a coach that would value and improve his post game like Jackson could if you don't pick him then go to at least someone similar that could help him but they went the totally opposite direction which was more why it was that effect. I think it was more simply the office being worried about Jackson being not totally up to it physically or mentally to want to do it all in terms of coaching anymore but if he was I'd certainly hope they would have picked him but there was a lot of things that he wanted which would have been difficult to arrange potentially.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #60
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I cannot see Coach K leaving Duke with their next season's class. He already said he is excited about their next season (different wording he used but you know he is looking forward to it) - Cross him off.

I don't know about Calipari or Ollie. Both have done GREAT at college level, Ollie has impressed everyone with his great coaching. Main issue I have is that college-level is so much different. Many great college-coaches fail big time when they come to NBA. There is no time to waste with Kobe's pending retirement in 2 years.

I say Lakers should target a known veteran coach with nba experience. Gotta figure out next coach before the draft in late-June. DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE first plz. As for the offense, no more run-and-gun like under Mike D'Antoni or a completely crazy offense experiment like under Mike Brown. I don't mind full-court basketball, but it cannot be like what D'Antoni likes to run
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: