Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #91
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: ☆Official Coaches Thread: Mike D'Antoni Resigns *CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I think it's dumb that Golden State fired Jackson too. Like I mentioned before I do find it odd that he couldn't get along with assistants or management. I don't think he's going to have a hard time finding a new job. The Lakers should at least bring him in for an interview.

I thought it was a dumb move to trade Ellis but hey, it seemed to worked. Maybe they think it's not a good fit and/or Mark has reached it's "peak" with the team that they need somebody else to get them to the next level.
I think of Carlisle who lead Detroit to BACK TO BACK 50 win seasons with Detroit, they let him go and hired Larry Brown. The very first year with Larry, they won the ring.
But yes, I agree, Lakers should atleast talk to him and consider him.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #92
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers91
Religion is only bad when it is used for manipulation in the wrong hands (along with anything), I think people don't like religion because of wars waged in its name when really there would be anyway (Vietnam to stop the flawed domino theory of "communism", Iraq arguably for oil imo), always an excuse for war with or without religion but I think that's why some don't like it, not saying that's why he personally doesn't like religion it's just something I hear from my friends why they don't like it, maybe the above poster doesn't like it because it may distract players or something like that (I'm not religious either I'm strictly agnostic albeit was once a Christian/Monotheist not anymore though for some reason I thought you were religious )

The whole anti Tim Tebow thing angered me, the guy has never done anything wrong (Publicly) never says anything bad about anyone even if they bash him, he works his rear end off and competes like a champion, yet people hate the guy because he talks about god
I don't give a crap what a person uses to motivate himself to be a good person, if they are good they should be praised by everyone.

If a person wants to fight a war over religion then they are bad and no one should support them plain and simple.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #93
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
The whole anti Tim Tebow thing angered me, the guy has never done anything wrong (Publicly) never says anything bad about anyone even if they bash him, he works his rear end off and competes like a champion, yet people hate the guy because he talks about god
I don't give a crap what a person uses to motivate himself to be a good person, if they are good they should be praised by everyone.

If a person wants to fight a war over religion then they are bad and no one should support them plain and simple.

I've paid hardly any attention well none at all to Tebow I always just assumed he copped flock because he was an average player or without a work ethic than it being about religious reasons? Not being much of an NFL fan (anymore anyway) I have no idea how good or bad he is just assumed he was overrated and lacked work ethic although by the sounds of it he has quite a good work ethic?

Agreed and agreed for each paragraph

Anyway, who is everyone's top 3 choices for coach whether realistic or not? Name three in order of preference if you would like to obviously not obligated to, mine would probably be 1. Hollins 2. JVG and 3. Avery Johnson (or Byron Scott not overly bothered) albeit I woudn't be disappointed if they went with someone like Ollie.

Last edited by Lakers91 : 05-07-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #94
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I kind of feel like everyone that is rumored to be the next coach is an upgrade to a certain extent. There's just a few that I don't think that fit at all, George Karl being the top one that doesn't fit.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:08 AM   #95
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I kind of feel like everyone that is rumored to be the next coach is an upgrade to a certain extent. There's just a few that I don't think that fit at all, George Karl being the top one that doesn't fit.

ouch why, bec he is old? old like Pops, Sloan, Hubie Brown etc?
Bec he won't be able to handle supertars like Kobe....ahem, he did ok with Payton, Melo, Allen.
Bec he's been had very long streak of losing seasons?
Who is your top pick? 2nd pick, I'm very intrigued to know
Old 05-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #96
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
ouch why, bec he is old? old like Pops, Sloan, Hubie Brown etc?
Bec he won't be able to handle supertars like Kobe....ahem, he did ok with Payton, Melo, Allen.
Bec he's been had very long streak of losing seasons?
Who is your top pick? 2nd pick, I'm very intrigued to know

I don't really have a top pick but I do have a bottom. I know you're a Karl lover, but the guy doesn't care about defense. I just don't see how you can win a championship without playing defense. Every team that's one a championship as long as I can remember was a very good defensive team. There's a lot of guys who are rumored that really don't have much separating them from each other so that's why I don't really have a top pick. I think it's really just splitting hairs between a few of the guys. It's not like we're talking about Phil vs. anybody. It's just a close call between a lot of those guys. I would definitely say no to Sloan to. He's just too much of a dictator. It worked in Utah where he had his people that he picked. I don't think it would work at another team, at least not for quite some time until he got all his own players.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:46 AM   #97
Lakers91
Decent playground baller

Lakers91 has decent reputation

Quote:
I don't really have a top pick but I do have a bottom. I know you're a Karl lover, but the guy doesn't care about defense. I just don't see how you can win a championship without playing defense. Every team that's one a championship as long as I can remember was a very good defensive team. There's a lot of guys who are rumored that really don't have much separating them from each other so that's why I don't really have a top pick. I think it's really just splitting hairs between a few of the guys. It's not like we're talking about Phil vs. anybody. It's just a close call between a lot of those guys. I would definitely say no to Sloan to. He's just too much of a dictator. It worked in Utah where he had his people that he picked. I don't think it would work at another team, at least not for quite some time until he got all his own players.

I think it's obvious I personally certainly wouldn't say no to Sloan, I think he'd be one of the coaches that would have respect from just about the whole team straight away, his sort of authoritarian style was what I think Dwight needed from a coach 2 years ago someone that wasn't afraid to call him out at all and would bark at him/install some discipline and I think he can help a center PnR wise and even post up wise as a mentor (kind of what I think Pop did in an all star game yelling at him I mean from the above to him either last year or the year before), I only wouldn't go for Sloan because of his age but if I had to compare a coach compared to my top 3 picks Sloan goes to the top of the list if he was a bit younger and was totally committed but I think he's retired now I think Williams wanted a trade and all that especially hurt him a bit or having a star turn on him to a degree (given Williams in Brooklyn early last year said he missed Sloan's orchestrated offense was a little amusing), I don't think it's that he's been out of the game for 3 years because well I don't think that's a giant gap to where you say everything's changed he's too old to adjust add a few more years and I'd get to that I just think Sloan is too old, I think a young rebuilding team if you are looking for free agency signings you sign the biggest name coach and I think out of any coach or any great coach I have a names to mind before his but that is only 4 or 5 coaches I think before Sloan and of those only one is still coaching (Popovich the rest are retired or gone that I think of as better or more well known than Sloan it's a very select list of coaches I'd pick before him), I think Kobe could go either way with him but I think Kobe wouldn't want a coach he didn't respect I think that's why Jackson could get so much out of him at times because Kobe did respect him and I certainly think Sloan would be one of the few that would have respect from Kobe automatically and a young team would certainly have an organised and structured offensive and defensive system to play to, but he's 72-73 now close to 5 years older than Phil who's seen as pretty old as a coach, I wouldn't completely want Sloan now due to his age so I think the front office wouldn't go after him but if I could I'd happily or virtually be delighted if he was coach for the most part but I see it as highly unlikely due to Sloan's age and it would be hit or miss with his style and could rub players the wrong way but one benefit is they would definitely have to respect him already so he'd at least have that or I'd hope they'd all respect him if he became coach, just my opinion but I would love Sloan as coach but I don't see it happening he's rather old for head coaching terms now.

I honestly can't pick who will be the coach by some reports that Kobe has met with Byron maybe that might be him but doesn't seem like there's many reports actually saying who's favorite or anything like that could be awhile before there is any distinctive clear cut favorite.
Lakers91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #98
dd24
College superstar

Wow, I never knew Mitch & George were roommates.

Quote:
The Lakers are looking for a new head coach to replace Mike D'Antoni, but the potential candidates seem to be saying more about the job than the team itself. "Mitch Kupchak and I were roommates in college and Mitch has been a very good friend of mine for years," former NBA coach George Karl said about the Lakers' GM on Wednesday, via "Off the Dribble" with Jared Greenberg and Rick Fox on SiriusXM Radio. "Have I talked to Mitch in the last couple of weeks? No I haven't," continued the former coach of the Denver Nuggets, Milwaukee Bucks, Seattle SuperSonics, Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. LA Times Blog

Quote:
"I would love the opportunity to probably talk to people, when they think I'm a person they should be talking to," Karl said of the Lakers' opening, along with potential spots in New York, Golden State and Detroit. In addition to Karl, other coaching possibilities could include Kevin Ollie, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy, Stan Van Gundy, Kurt Rambis, Byron Scott, Roy Williams, John Calipari, Mike Krzyzewski, Mike Dunleavy, Billy Donovan, Lionel Hollins, Ettore Messina, Steve Kerr and even former Laker Derek Fisher. LA Times Blog

I find it interesting that SVG wouldn't be interested, not that I think he's a good fit.

Quote:
Recently both Scott and Dunleavy expressed interest publicly in the position. Calipari, Ollie and Stan Van Gundy downplayed the possibility. The Lakers have said very little on the subject since D'Antoni's resignation April 30. LA Times Blog
Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #99
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
I find it interesting that SVG wouldn't be interested, not that I think he's a good fit.

he is a freakout queen and panics pretty easily. remember what shaq said about him?

I for one is not interested in SVG at all. Thank god he is not interested in the Lakers job
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #100
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
he is a freakout queen and panics pretty easily. remember what shaq said about him?

I for one is not interested in SVG at all. Thank god he is not interested in the Lakers job

Absolutely, I was relieved to read that.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #101
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

Being a very religious and spiritual Christian, I can see why his behavior would anger people. There are certain things about life that need to be kept personal, such as the relationship with God, should you believe in him.

Christianity also puts an emphasis on wisdom. Perhaps, it is not wise for him, to come out in front of the entire country, a country which is secular, and constantly mention God. It offends people with different kinds of beliefs. Its kind of like saying "Im successful because my God helped me do all of this....what did your God do?"

While I admire his motivation, still, from one Christian to another, there is wisdom to consider. Keep the God stuff to yourself unless asked otherwise.

Ya feeeeeeel me daawwwwwwg???
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 01:45 AM   #102
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Being a very religious and spiritual Christian, I can see why his behavior would anger people. [u]There are certain things about life that need to be kept personal, such as the relationship with God, should you believe in him.
[u]
Christianity also puts an emphasis on wisdom. Perhaps, it is not wise for him, to come out in front of the entire country, a country which is secular, and constantly mention God. It offends people with different kinds of beliefs. Its kind of like saying "Im successful because my God helped me do all of this....what did your God do?"

While I admire his motivation, still, from one Christian to another, there is wisdom to consider. Keep the God stuff to yourself unless asked otherwise.

Ya feeeeeeel me daawwwwwwg???
whoah, a very spiritual religious person like you would rather keep your relationship with God yourself...and totally ignore his commandment?

Ever read Matthew 28:16-20? Just incase you missed it, God's people was given a mission, to share their faith, it's not a suggestion or an enrouragement, it is a commandment.
God's followers believe that he has expectations, that there are repercussions to our actions and decisions and more importantly in judgement.
If the person being reached out said no thank you, then yes, the Christian should back off, just like Jesus said, "shake the dust off your sandals..."leave them alone

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-09-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 AM   #103
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Im not sure if you know this but Gary Payton actually complained that it was Phil Jax who didn't talk much about defense, when he played for the Lakers, stuff I didn't recall him saying about Karl. Yes, Denver did ran a lot but it was bec George tried to capitalize their advantage in living in high altitude, Im not sure, Milwaukee and Seattle ran that much under him.
Yesterday at Mason and Ireland show, John proudly brought up the idea of hiring Karl, they seemed favorable, didn't know too that he's just 62 yrs old(he looked older). Im not saying these guys are geniuses tho.
BTW, I don't consider myself a Karl Lover, let me say again, I prefer JVG over him cuz George don't have a great playoff record, but like I said before, I don't see the Lakers having a great roster, so, I don't anticipate them contending anyway in the playoffs.
Going back to JVG, I know he and his brother Stan gets so stressed out so much in coaching, If Im Jim, ill hire SVG as his assistant, as in share the responsibilities, collaborate like the Farrelli brothers making movies like Dumb and Dumber....wait :=)

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 05-09-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:30 PM   #104
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
whoah, a very spiritual religious person like you would rather keep your relationship with God yourself...and totally ignore his commandment?

Ever read Matthew 28:16-20? Just incase you missed it, God's people was given a mission, to share their faith, it's not a suggestion or an enrouragement, it is a commandment.
God's followers believe that he has expectations, that there are repercussions to our actions and decisions and more importantly in judgement.
If the person being reached out said no thank you, then yes, the Christian should back off, just like Jesus said, "shake the dust off your sandals..."leave them alone

I'm in agreement with you, why on earth would someone want to hide their faith, if you are a good person that someone can look up to you should be proud to say whatever your motivation is........if someone doesn't like it they can go suck it

I don't get this generation....they do profane things in movies and even on tv, music has become largely about cursing and calling women all sorts of names.......and all that is ok and praised, but talk about religion and doing nice things then OH No, you can't say that in public, you have to hide it like it's a crack pipe....lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #105
$LakerGold
|Ronda☆Mir|

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

C'mon, guys.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: