Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

LakerFan1086 has not been impressing people
Default Jordan Farmar

Who likes it?
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Who likes it?

I like him as a player but it hurt to see shannon brown go to cleveland I think he is the sleeper of the draft, but Farmar is a solid Pg possibly a starter.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

!!!FARMAR!!!!!
LOOK OUT NBA.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #4
LakerFan1086

Yeah i like Farmar too. I think that Maurice Ager was a pretty good pick up too but i think we needed a stable PG to handle the ball a little bit and make good passes.

I definetly don't like that 2nd round pick. I think there was a couple of players that we could've taken that were a little better. anyone?
Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I definetly don't like that 2nd round pick. I think there was a couple of players that we could've taken that were a little better. anyone?

What specifically is it that you definitely dont like about that pick? At the 52nd pick, one can't expect too much, can they?

I think farmar was the best talent on the board to pick.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:41 AM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Trade?

So the Lakers traded their second round pick to Detroit for Maurice Evans? Is that a good move? How does it benefit the Lakers? Pistons?

Thoughts?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:47 AM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So the Lakers traded their second round pick to Detroit for Maurice Evans? Is that a good move? How does it benefit the Lakers? Pistons?

Thoughts?

Maurice evans Is a replacement for devean George and will be used to defend elite shooting gaurds such as ray Allen, Tracy Mcgrady, etc.

He can hit the open jumper and is more consistent than devean george
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Who likes it?

Besides Marcus Williams, Farmar is the best PG in the draft, Since he doesnt play much like an Ideal PG he will succeed in the triangle offense...You dont need a steve Nash or a Kidd for this team...u just require a defender who can hit open shots and hit some layups.

I can see farmar as a starter this year ahead of Smush and we won't need Marcus Banks anymore. (sorry Marcus)
Old 06-29-2006, 04:08 AM   #9
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

I know nothing about Farmar yet but Kupchak picked him and that certainly isn't a good sign.
I like what I read about him but I have my doubts. Mitch Kupchak picks..usually aren't any good.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #10
Kobe#1fan
Banned

Kobe#1fan has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
I know nothing about Farmar yet but Kupchak picked him and that certainly isn't a good sign.
I like what I read about him but I have my doubts. Mitch Kupchak picks..usually aren't any good.

Kupchak is solid in picking draft picks. Vujaic,Cook,Walton,Rush,Bynum,Turiaf
are all solid players and the were picked up late in rounds except Bynum.but farmar reminds me of a young Aundre Miller.
Kobe#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24

Jordan was projected at number 17 to be taken by Indiana or Memphis.

For us to get him is a victory. He is a solid PG that is perfect for the triangle.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:17 PM   #12
LakerFan1086

In the second round there were a lot of players left like Gansey, Blalock, and a couple of others that were better than some random guy from senegal. But we got Mo Evans i like that move, its like we got hime for free basiclly which is good.
I don't know if Smush will be a laker for much longer. You've got Farmar, Vujacic, and Banks. That would be a much more solid point guard lineup. Maybe they send one of them into their D-league team. Also, Von Wafer is there as well. So who knows what they'll do.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:09 PM   #13
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

I like this pick. I expected him to be off the board by the time the Lakers picked at 26.

He's a local kid who is a good defender and smart decision maker. All he needs to work on his jumpshot, make it consistent. At times, he shoots well. Others, not so well, but he can improve this. Rondo will never become a decent shooter. I hope he can handle the pressure of playing in L.A. after going to UCLA. That's my only worry.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
I hope he can handle the pressure of playing in L.A. after going to UCLA. That's my only worry.

Well he was the PG on a team that almost won the championship.

Says a lot right there. he can handle very well and play great D...and what most people like, a developed college player.

I think Farmar will make a big Impact
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #15
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well he was the PG on a team that almost won the championship.

Says a lot right there. he can handle very well and play great D...and what most people like, a developed college player.

I think Farmar will make a big Impact

He is talented. I'm always worried when a talented young player, especially a rookie, plays in the same city he played college ball in. Felton really struggled when he arrived in Charlotte, but he started to play well at the end of the year. I think he can handle it, but it is a concern going into the season.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: