Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

It wasn't a bad pick. go for the hometown favorite.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 AM   #17
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

When I was younger, I used to look like number 4 in that picture... big-ass glasses, etc. I took bath/shower at night then, so messed up hair and all. It's almost eerie looking at that picture.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:02 AM   #18
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

we got a good player. It was a late pick, and we drafted a guy based on our needs. Hopefully he can pick up the tri and relegate smush to the bench. I like the idea of Parker coming of the bench. Guess this puts all the marcus banks rumors to rest.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #19
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
Lakers just solidified the Middle Eastern fanbase of S. Cali, for 10 years.

...and got a talented, athletic player to boot.

A+ for the Lakers.

I highly doubt that, the kids jewish.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:08 AM   #20
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

hes jewish.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #21
HoosierDaddy13
Kids at the park dunk on me

HoosierDaddy13 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLAlegend32
hes jewish.

"Jordan's father is African-American and his mother is Persian."

Don't know about you but I don't know any African-American or Persian Jews. But damn he sure is.........

"Bruin fans call him the Jewish Jordan...Farmar’s parents divorced when he was young. His mother, Melinda Kolani, and stepfather, Yehuda Kolani, raised Farmar in a Jewish home, took him to Israel and sponsored his Temple Judea bar mitzvah. Farmar doesn’t consider himself observant, but identifies himself as part of the Jewish people."
http://www.jewishjournal.com/home/preview.php?id=13773

Last edited by HoosierDaddy13 : 06-29-2006 at 01:20 AM.
HoosierDaddy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 AM   #22
Unregistered

Although his religion is irrelevant, you should google Jordan Farmer/ jewish. Im sure some results will appear that attest that.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 AM   #23
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

I guess LA aren't getting Banks after all, unless they want to have 3 PGs on the team.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #24
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

The Bucks got the best athelete in the draft, so I guess we also made the best pick of the draft? Are you mad the Lakers didn't take Noel?
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:27 AM   #25
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This guy should also put his first name in his jersey.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:28 AM   #26
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

I was reading Faramars draft profile and it seems like he's a luke walton type albeit with superior ball handling.
Slow unathletic, so-so socrer, but high IQ, creaive passer.
Not sure this bodes well for our defense, but between Lamar, Kobe, Faramr and Walton on the floor we could have one heck of a passing team....if they pass.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:29 AM   #27
Unregistered

Who knows? Maybe some Palestinians will start burning laker jerseys.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:30 AM   #28
cured
Decent playground baller

cured has an OK reputation so far

Jodan doesn't have ideal speed, but he's a good ball handler and a very scrappy defender. He's got heart. If you remember UCLA getting whooped in the NCAA title game, Farmar was the only Bruin who showed up that night.

He's got a decent shot but took too many bad shots. He'll improve in that area. He's got leadership skills and charisma, is a very good passer and will serve well enough bringing the ball up the court and passing it to Kobe :)
cured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:34 AM   #29
Unregistered

He probably trained his ass off in the offseason to reach that 42" vert. In all likelyhood, that's what made him stand out in this years draft, and selected in the 1st round.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 AM   #30
Dick Biggly
Good High School Starter

Dick Biggly has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
I was reading Faramars draft profile and it seems like he's a luke walton type albeit with superior ball handling.
Slow unathletic, so-so socrer, but high IQ, creaive passer.
Not sure this bodes well for our defense, but between Lamar, Kobe, Faramr and Walton on the floor we could have one heck of a passing team....if they pass.

Luke Walton wouldn't have a 42 inch vertical if he jumped 8 times and you added them all up. Farmar's not an elite athlete but he's better than average. Walton isn't even in the same building.
Dick Biggly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: