Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-28-2007, 10:46 PM   #1
Havoc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Havoc has an OK reputation so far
Arrow McGrady Considering Skipping Next Year's All-Star Game

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston Rockets star Tracy McGrady said Wednesday he would consider skipping next year's All-Star game if he felt he wouldn't be safe in New Orleans.

"When they first mentioned to me that the All-Star game was going to be in New Orleans, the first thing I thought about is how much security they are going to have for the players and everybody there," McGrady said.

"I don't think it's the right city to have this type of event right now. I know the city is in need of trying to get back on their feet, in need of money. Safety comes first. I'm sure they have to do a lot of research and look into before they really make this decision."

The security issue became a larger concern after there were hundreds of arrests in Las Vegas during All-Star weekend.

"If I don't feel that I'm going to be safe, if I am on that team, I will look into probably not even going," McGrady said.

McGrady's comments came two days after union director Billy Hunter raised his concerns over New Orleans' ability to host the weekend's events, telling Newsday that, "If the union is not convinced that the city can accommodate the All-Star game, it's an issue that will be subject to litigation between the union and the league."

However, Hunter said he was just speaking hypothetically, and both he and NBA commissioner David Stern said they expect next year's weekend to be successful.

Last edited by Havoc : 02-28-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #2
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default Re: McGrady Not Playing In All-Star Game In New Orleans

Quote:
Houston Rockets star Tracy McGrady said Wednesday he would consider skipping next year's All-Star game if he felt he wouldn't be safe in New Orleans.

change your title, now.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
space
Local High School Star

space has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: McGrady Considering Skipping Next Year's All-Star Game

too early to decide, he will change his mind.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Banned

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They did this on PTI, and the host mentions Mardi Gras is a bigger event than all star weekend, and they had no problem with security there.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #5
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
They did this on PTI, and the host mentions Mardi Gras is a bigger event than all star weekend, and they had no problem with security there.

How many rap entourages go down to Mardis Gras? Just curious.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I guess I don't understand, what is the risk in playing there as opposed to any other city, I don't get it, what does the tragedy of what happend in NO have to do with this?
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:24 PM   #7
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I guess I don't understand, what is the risk in playing there as opposed to any other city, I don't get it, what does the tragedy of what happend in NO have to do with this?

Same thing I was thinking. Doesn't really make sense to me
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #8
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

You know about all of the parties the players attend and some events they have to attend.

NO is the murder capital right now, the people that go to those events could cause some sh*t.

I went to NO for Mardi Gras this year, and aside from Bourbon St or the normal Mardi Gras stuff, I didn't feel too safe. I carried my pistol everywhere I could. When I went to a local club, it was like 10 fights.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Damn, sounds dangerous.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
has nothing to do with Katrina neccessarily, just that New Orleans is a high crime city. And the comparison to Mardi Gras is an invalid one, just because of the type of people who show up for each event is totally different. It's totally un-P.C of a thing to say though. TMac is right to be concerned
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #11
space
Local High School Star

space has an OK reputation so far

Katrina just makes the situation in NO worse, adding to the crime rate etc.
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #12
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

is McGrady from the hood? he needs to hang out with Arenas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7BKPLcCjPw
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #13
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

New Orleans was dangerous before Katrina happened. Even if you know folks down in the NO, its still scary as hell. If you greet a person the wrong way, sh!t will go down.

"Hello, WTF you mean hello, ni**a"
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #14
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I carried my pistol everywhere I could.

Didn't seem like the kind of guy that was packin' heat.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #15
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

Ask people from Houston what they think about the people from New Orleans. It is a stupid idea to send that many ball players over there, common sense will tell you that.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: