Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM   #16
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
bargnani > morrison, only thing he does worse is have heart. Better at every other facet imo.

Villanueva and Bosh plays the same position as Bargnani. They would have a logjam.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #17
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

aldridge or morrison at #1 no other exceptions besides a trade, which would be the dumbest thing
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #18
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Villanueva and Bosh plays the same position as Bargnani. They would have a logjam.

Although the players are not as good here, Charlie (will officially by the 3 unless bosh is a center) and Joey Graham play the 3. Logjam there too. But picking bargnani is still better than morrison because barg can play 3 or 4 or 5 (yikes!), morrison is only a 3.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:49 PM   #19
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
aldridge or morrison at #1 no other exceptions besides a trade, which would be the dumbest thing

LA is best, a trade is second best but also has the potential to be the bets if BC works wonders. drafting morrison would be retarded. ;)
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:00 PM   #20
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Taking a scoring player who plays our most crowded position (tied with pf) who can't play good defense.

How is SF/SG crowded? You have exactly one NBA caliber player at those 2 positions. That's Mo Pete who is a good player and all, but he cant score like Morrison. Bosh tends to disappear for stretches of games. Charlie is nice but he isnt going to excel at SF. Morrison is actually a solid pick. There isnt a center or PG to take at number one. They are beyond thin with swingmen in a swingman dominated league. Toronto basically got screwed, they won the lottery in the first year for like 3 that doesnt have anyone that helps them. They would be better with the 5th or 6th pick because whoever they draft is either going to be positional like Araujo or a backup. So they are either going to be criticised for drafting a position they already have or reaching bigtime to get a position of need. Either way the fans will act stupid and whine, lets be honest Babcock got castrated for both. I seriously wouldnt want to be the GM of the Raps.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:39 PM   #21
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default bleh

morrison is supposedly looking good, but he's a bad fit for the raps.

defense, pg distribution, rebounding.

these are toronto's big needs, and morrison doesn't help with any of them.

it also gives more wieght to the 'bargnani smokescreen' rumour.

aldridge if we stay at 1, look for the raps to target m.williams, roy and gay in that order if we trade back.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
How is SF/SG crowded? You have exactly one NBA caliber player at those 2 positions. That's Mo Pete who is a good player and all, but he cant score like Morrison. Bosh tends to disappear for stretches of games. Charlie is nice but he isnt going to excel at SF. Morrison is actually a solid pick. There isnt a center or PG to take at number one. They are beyond thin with swingmen in a swingman dominated league. Toronto basically got screwed, they won the lottery in the first year for like 3 that doesnt have anyone that helps them. They would be better with the 5th or 6th pick because whoever they draft is either going to be positional like Araujo or a backup. So they are either going to be criticised for drafting a position they already have or reaching bigtime to get a position of need. Either way the fans will act stupid and whine, lets be honest Babcock got castrated for both. I seriously wouldnt want to be the GM of the Raps.

I disagree, simply because LaMarcus Aldridge warrants the 1st overall pick and can play the center position in the NBA. So right away, your argument is flawed. Even then, the first pick has value, and it can be used to trade down for to a team who actually has a need for that first pick if Colangelo feels that we don't. I am very happy for the Raptors, getting the 1st pick can never be a bad thing, no matter the year or circumstance.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Quote:
I am very happy for the Raptors, getting the 1st pick can never be a bad thing, no matter the year or circumstance.

Yeah because the Clippers sure made out well with Olowokandi and Washington are still over the moon at getting Kwame.

Getting the number one pick in a weak draft is tough. Basically the player you take is not good enough to be a "#1 Pick" but he is anyway and when it happens they often crumble under the pressure, especially for a team like Toronto where a whole city is riding you. Aldridge certainly makes the most sense but I dont really see him playing center all that much, he just feels like a PF, but I guess thats because I base what he is more on his HS play than college. But this is certainly a draft that you are better off down a bit where the player is only expected to be a nice role player because thats about all you are getting outside of Rudy, LaMarcus and Adam and even those guys are not sure things.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:03 AM   #24
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
Yeah because the Clippers sure made out well with Olowokandi and Washington are still over the moon at getting Kwame.

Getting the number one pick in a weak draft is tough. Basically the player you take is not good enough to be a "#1 Pick" but he is anyway and when it happens they often crumble under the pressure, especially for a team like Toronto where a whole city is riding you. Aldridge certainly makes the most sense but I dont really see him playing center all that much, he just feels like a PF, but I guess thats because I base what he is more on his HS play than college. But this is certainly a draft that you are better off down a bit where the player is only expected to be a nice role player because thats about all you are getting outside of Rudy, LaMarcus and Adam and even those guys are not sure things.

I understand what you mean, and maybe you misunderstood what I meant when I said it can never be a bad thing. I meant that it's always a good thing that you get to pick the best player you feel is in the draft. Of course, the pressure may get to the player and then it will be horrible. But with the #1 pick, atleast you were able to get the guy you wanted and the guy that you thought would make the biggest impact.

If he crumbles or succeeds is a totally different subject.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #25
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

Yeah good point. I think this is one of those drafts where picks 3-10 or so will probably do better than 1 and 2. I think the Raps should really be looking to move down. Someone like Marcus Williams would help them most. See if you cant get a pick at 5 and 20 or so from someone, or a solid contributor and pick 5. Something like that for a team who really needs Aldrdige, Gay or Morrison. Though Gay would be the best fit because he should be the best player and fits a bigtime need for Toronto.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #26
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Speaking of the bullshitery that is NBADraft.net, they had Shannon Brown to the Rockets at #32 yesterday and now today, they have him at #17 to the Pacers.

So his stock up went up 15 spots in a day's time.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 AM   #27
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Feel free to trade either the pick or Villanueva to the Bucks for Magloire and Williams. All the sudden you have a top 10 center, and a top 20 pg. Problem solved.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:31 AM   #28
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default easypeasy

good things happen when you have a good GM and good scouting. i'm seriously doubting this draft is as bad as everyone believes it will be and as long as colangelo does his research, things will be better than fine.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 AM   #29
Unregistered

WTFhtrjhrt............
Gillermo Diaz #40
and
James White #54

Helllll to the Noooooo!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 01:50 AM   #30
dynagchen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dynagchen has an OK reputation so far