Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 06:20 AM   #31
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dr Giggles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Best rookie of all-time

Elvin Hayes led the league in scoring with 28.4 ppg and ranked fourth in rebounding with 17.1 rpg in his rookie season. Didn't win ROY though, Unseld won it with far worse numbers, but on a better team.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #32
Dr Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
wilt, he averaged 37/27, only player in history to win rookie of the year and Mvp in the same season.

Wes Unseld also did it.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM   #33
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Giggles
Elvin Hayes led the league in scoring with 28.4 ppg and ranked fourth in rebounding with 17.1 rpg in his rookie season. Didn't win ROY though, Unseld won it with far worse numbers, but on a better team.

OT: Love the boat saleman.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:22 AM   #34
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllNBAArenas
if there is a knock on his rookie year, it was because he shot 46%. very few legendery big men if any, shoot that bad of a % until after their primes. for a big man Wilt was a chucker his rookie year

46% makes someone a chucker?
Patrick Ewing shot 47% as a rookie and 46 % in 95-96

And the main point is:
His team in his rookie season shot 40.9%, Wilt led the team in FG%, followed by Tom Gola (43.3%) and Paul Arizin (42.4%). The rest of the team shot under 40%.

Teams shot between 42.1% and 38.6% that year.

MVP and ROY voters certainly weren't deterred by Chamberlain's "awful" numbers, because they voted him in as MVP and ROY.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:24 AM   #35
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Giggles
Wes Unseld also did it.

i had the idea someone else did it but didnt know who, thanks for the info.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #36
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wilt's terrible 46% field goal shooting also was a god awful 6th in the NBA in his rookie season too.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:28 AM   #37
Dr Giggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
OT: Love the boat saleman.

Thanks, He can also get you a good deal on some coffins and life insurance if you want.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #38
DreamRockets

well i liked all the players who were already great as rookies, aka magic, jordan, hakeem, shaq, duncan, larry, etc, i hate when players need years to be decent.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:31 AM   #39
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
well i liked all the players who were already great as rookies, aka magic, jordan, hakeem, shaq, duncan, larry, etc, i hate when players need years to be decent.

I agree, I hate waiting on players to develop. We are seeing less and less impact rookies.

By the way, where is the avatar I made for you?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #40
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Wilt's terrible 46% field goal shooting also was a god awful 6th in the NBA in his rookie season too.

just shows how you how raw he was and how bad the competition that played against him was. wilt would not shoot any better percentage against todays nba
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #41
DreamRockets

Quote:
I agree, I hate waiting on players to develop. We are seeing less and less impact rookies.

By the way, where is the avatar I made for you?

lol, forgot where i left it
Old 03-01-2007, 06:45 AM   #42
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
just shows how you how raw he was and how bad the competition that played against him was. wilt would not shoot any better percentage against todays nba

Dude you are such an uneducated moron. The game was completely different back then, they used to cram the lane full of players and triple team guys like Wilt. You do know he has an insane career FG% right?

You are one of the most uneducated fans on ISH. Every basketball fan, no matter their age usually has a good amount of Wilt knowledge, but you are just plain stupid.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #43
DreamRockets

Quote:

why does everybody say this ? wilt was the biggest mother phucker in the league, hell at one point he was 300lbs, if shaq was a dominant player in this era, why couldnt wilt be too ? and wilt had a better eye for rebounding/blocks than shaq, and he also had more offensive moves like his patented fallaway jumper and the finger roll.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:50 AM   #44
AllNBAArenas
Decent playground baller

AllNBAArenas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Dude you are such an uneducated moron. The game was completely different back then, they used to cram the lane full of players and triple team guys like Wilt. You do know he has an insane career FG% right?

You are one of the most uneducated fans on ISH. Every basketball fan, no matter their age usually has a good amount of Wilt knowledge, but you are just plain stupid.

i guess thats why kareem and walton both shot well over 50% their rookie years and they were just 10 years apart. stop making excuses
AllNBAArenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #45
DreamRockets

last time i looked kareem didnt average 37 ppg as a rookie, hell walton never averaged 20 ppg for a season, do i really have to explain to you that when you take more shots your FG% usually goes down ? naw, its too obvious.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: