Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #16
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Worst contract in the NBA?

Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy... bad bad contracts. Mullin knows his $'s.

Ehmm Jerome James off corse.

I lik Maggette's contract, dunleavy is just being a d¡ck and wanted sonny to come over. Maggette has been playing nice for years.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:57 AM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Foyle, Murphy, Dunleavy... bad bad contracts. Mullin knows his $'s.

Ehmm Jerome James off corse.

I lik Maggette's contract, dunleavy is just being a d¡ck and wanted sonny to come over. Maggette has been playing nice for years.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 AM   #18
JMEWLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Cedric
Wait for the next few years when he really starts to decline and terrible centers like Mark Blount start to own him, it won't just be guys like Eddy Curry showing up Shaq. Hey maybe even Dan Gadzuric will score 20 on him.

Heat are screwed, take that Wade.

But doesnt everyone decline? Sure he wont be the bomb. But he'll still bring his game to the court and hopefully win games.

Look at centre's like Zo' he's declined so much because of age, but he'll still go onto the court and give you 5blocks on the regular. I'm just saying Shaq obviously isnt gonna get younger, age is going to catch up, but he's still gonna be a player that any team in the league would want on his side. Whether its because of his leadership or what he brings to the game.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #19
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

JMEWLS, you're being very obnoxious and showing your age.

Shaq is being paid a ridiculous amount of money, and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't really earned it. He will be terrible next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. So Shaq is on the books for a long time at a stupidly high amount of money. This deal really shows Riley's incompetence in the front office as well as the deals for Walker and to a lesser extent Haslem.

The big questions are:

-Did Miami really win the Shaq trade?

and

-How much is a championship worth?
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:25 AM   #20
JMEWLS

Quote:
JMEWLS, you're being very obnoxious and showing your age.

Shaq is being paid a ridiculous amount of money, and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't really earned it. He will be terrible next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. So Shaq is on the books for a long time at a stupidly high amount of money. This deal really shows Riley's incompetence in the front office as well as the deals for Walker and to a lesser extent Haslem.

The big questions are:

-Did Miami really win the Shaq trade?

and

-How much is a championship worth?
At the time, who wouldnt have payed that amount of money for Shaq. I think he's earned the money, he promised a championship in Miami and he produced it.

I know Shaq's going to decline, but i dont think he will by how much you think. Next season i think he'll be putting up something like 16/9 (but nothing much more then that.) its still pretty solid numbers, but most people wouldn't be used to Shaq's numbers being so low. That is why i think alot of people are going to be thinking that he's contract was a waste.

As far as i'm concerned he's still going to be one of the hardest centre's to guard in the league. But players like Wade are taking over. The Shaq era's over, but he's still going to be a dominate player.

IMO his contract wasnt a waste, he promised a championship which he produced. He's still going to be a pretty decent centre, but nothing like he was in LA. The "shaq era" maybe over, but not his career.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:29 AM   #21
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
IMO his contract wasnt a waste, he promised a championship which he produced. He's still going to be a pretty decent centre, but nothing like he was in LA. The "shaq era" maybe over, but not his career.

Sure he won a championship there, but they could have won with Butler, Odom and Wade IMO. Brian Grant could have eventually been traded when he was an expirer for a useful centre.

Shaq is not worth that money, and soon will be getting abused by terrible players. Yo usay he can average 16 and 9 next year, while I don't believe he can average those numebrs cause he will be injured again, because he doesn't work hard to stay in shape anymore.

With Shaq on the books for 3 more seasons and Walker for 4, Miami are royally screwed.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #22
JMEWLS

Quote:
Sure he won a championship there, but they could have won with Butler, Odom and Wade IMO. Brian Grant could have eventually been traded when he was an expirer for a useful centre.

Shaq is not worth that money, and soon will be getting abused by terrible players. Yo usay he can average 16 and 9 next year, while I don't believe he can average those numebrs cause he will be injured again, because he doesn't work hard to stay in shape anymore.

With Shaq on the books for 3 more seasons and Walker for 4, Miami are royally screwed.
Another championship isnt coming to Miami soon, i agree with you on that. People like Zo' Payton, Shaq Walker ect. are decline too, and they're not going to be around for much longer. It may have been a great idea of signing them at the start, but as far as i can see it. The future is not very bright in Miami.

As for Butler, Odom and Wade winning a championship. I dunno, Butler wasnt half the player he was now and Odom was good, but he was no Shaq at the time. I dont think they could've won the championship, but they could've gotten into the 2nd round, atleast.

Also what if Odom and Butler ect. stayed, would they have signed players like Walker and Payton??
Old 03-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #23
Señor Cedric
why live??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
As for Butler, Odom and Wade winning a championship. I dunno, Butler wasnt half the player he was now and Odom was good, but he was no Shaq at the time. I dont think they could've won the championship, but they could've gotten into the 2nd round, atleast.

Also what if Odom and Butler ect. stayed, would they have signed players like Walker and Payton??

Mortgaging the future for one championship doesn't sound bright to me. Heat fans will quickly forget that one year when they start missing the playoffs and have a huge payroll with old men all over their roster.

Of course they wouldn't have signed Walker with Odom and Butler o nthe team. And Butler was playing very well in his rookie season, and his play had picked up again, he had a few limiting injuries early in his career.

Wade, Butler and Odom would be competing for championships for a decade. Much more revenue than one measly championship and multiple losing seasons.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 AM   #24
JMEWLS

Quote:
Mortgaging the future for one championship doesn't sound bright to me. Heat fans will quickly forget that one year when they start missing the playoffs and have a huge payroll with old men all over their roster.

Of course they wouldn't have signed Walker with Odom and Butler o nthe team. And Butler was playing very well in his rookie season, and his play had picked up again, he had a few limiting injuries early in his career.

Wade, Butler and Odom would be competing for championships for a decade. Much more revenue than one measly championship and multiple losing seasons.
Yeah agree, Wade Butler and Odom would probably be contending for a championship thing season if they had been together. This team could've potentially been something of the future..

Anyway, im off. Señor Cedric man, i must say your one of the best posters here. Keep the work up.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:44 AM   #25
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
He keeps the streets safe by protecting his fellow NBA players from child molesters.

Ahh i see. cool.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 AM   #26
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

shaq's contract is too much, i think he still deserves considerable money but 20 mil ? he should of asked for something like 12-14 mil for 2 or 3 more years, not 20 mil for 5 years, he'll be pretty much useless the next season, what will he possibly do in 4 more years.?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:06 AM   #27
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

eric snows contract eats up cavs dollars and does **** all on the team.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:17 AM   #28
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

shaq brought a championship, fills the seats, entertains, and even at an old age will bring players who want to be in miami bc of shaq.

no ned to fill up the stat sheet too then
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #29
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool

lol..no way in hell does miami win a championship with wade, butler, and odom.

as a fan i'd take winning a championship and missing the playoffs for the next 5 years over making the playoffs and getting knocked out in the first or second round for 10
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:32 AM   #30
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Larry Hughes and Eric Snow, both among the top 10 worst.

Hughes has 3 years and 38.5M left for which he's putting up 14.7ppg on 40%FG and killing what little flow the Cavs have on offense, aat least he's injured a lot ...

Eric Snow has 2 years and 14M left for which he's providing acceptable D and no offense at all.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: