Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #31
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Worst contract in the NBA?

how isn't Steve Francis on that list? Has he done ANYTHING as a Knick yet?
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #32
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

And how did we get to page two without mentioning Marbury?
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #33
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
And how did we get to page two without mentioning Marbury?

You don't overpay the best pg in the NBA.

Speaking of overpaid. I thought the suns overpaid nash when they got him in phoenix. Boy was I wrong.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 AM   #34
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
JMEWLS, you're being very obnoxious and showing your age.

Shaq is being paid a ridiculous amount of money, and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't really earned it. He will be terrible next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. So Shaq is on the books for a long time at a stupidly high amount of money. This deal really shows Riley's incompetence in the front office as well as the deals for Walker and to a lesser extent Haslem.

The big questions are:

-Did Miami really win the Shaq trade?

and

-How much is a championship worth?

yes they won it and

a lot of money. i'm sure arrison(sp) is happy with the trade. he's made tons off of it
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #35
mid80sjordan
High School JV MVP

mid80sjordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Sure he won a championship there, but they could have won with Butler, Odom and Wade IMO. Brian Grant could have eventually been traded when he was an expirer for a useful centre.

Shaq is not worth that money, and soon will be getting abused by terrible players. Yo usay he can average 16 and 9 next year, while I don't believe he can average those numebrs cause he will be injured again, because he doesn't work hard to stay in shape anymore.

With Shaq on the books for 3 more seasons and Walker for 4, Miami are royally screwed.
jon barry said in an espn broadcast that shaq told him to pinch his belly at the allstar game and he couldn't. he's working, you're an ass. you can't not work and play in the nba. even the slackers work. shaq is old and slow, he has to work hard. and he does. and if they pick up a solid 2nd/3rd option this summer they'll be contenders for the rest of shaqs contract.

he'll be a top 5 center next year too
mid80sjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #36
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

is anyone else shocked that there aren't at least 3 or 4 mavs names floating around this thread? i mean the way nellie and cuban used to overspend, you'd think they'd have couple rough contracts dragging them down, but even though they're among the highest payrolls out there, they really don't have anything awful sitting on the books. even dampier, who cost a lot for what he does, is a necessary component in what they do.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #37
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
is anyone else shocked that there aren't at least 3 or 4 mavs names floating around this thread? i mean the way nellie and cuban used to overspend, you'd think they'd have couple rough contracts dragging them down, but even though they're among the highest payrolls out there, they really don't have anything awful sitting on the books. even dampier, who cost a lot for what he does, is a necessary component in what they do.

Cuban is like Jebus to me. He runs a tight ship top to bottom. I can't wait until he buys the Cubbies.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #38
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMshooter
Cuban is like Jebus to me. He runs a tight ship top to bottom. I can't wait until he buys the Cubbies.
aaauuuaaggghhh that's a nice avatar, sanchez.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:45 AM   #39
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
aaauuuaaggghhh that's a nice avatar, sanchez.

If you like that shot, you should see him playing the oboe.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #40
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMshooter
If you like that shot, you should see him playing the oboe.
nice.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:17 AM   #41
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Sorry my bad
For anyone who was wondering, the rind on the cat's head is from a pummelo, which is incredibly hard to peel.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #42
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
By the way, the fact that K-Mart completely shuts down Antoine Walker says even more about Walker's ability, doesn't it?

I miss those days.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #43
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So Shaq is on the books for a long time at a stupidly high amount of money. This deal really shows Riley's incompetence in the front office as well as the deals for Walker and to a lesser extent Haslem.

not really, this only shows that micky arison was willing to pay whatever money was necessary for a championship, just ask cuban, he would sell his soul for one.

Last edited by DreamRockets : 03-01-2007 at 11:49 AM.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #44
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not for the team but, last I checked Chuck Hayes was making league minimum of $250,000 a year. I mean he's third on the team in rebounds and his +/- stat is pretty good. Even when I try to draft him on my Whatif Sports leagues he costs me like $1,000,000 for last season which wasn't as good as this season.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #45
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Mortgaging the future for one championship doesn't sound bright to me. Heat fans will quickly forget that one year when they start missing the playoffs and have a huge payroll with old men all over their roster.

Of course they wouldn't have signed Walker with Odom and Butler o nthe team. And Butler was playing very well in his rookie season, and his play had picked up again, he had a few limiting injuries early in his career.

Wade, Butler and Odom would be competing for championships for a decade. Much more revenue than one measly championship and multiple losing seasons.

ROFL , ya right...like Kidd, Jeff and Carter are competing for the title, or maybe Melo , Ivy and Camby? perhaps Butler , Jamison, Arenas? oh wait...didnt Kobe , Odom and Butler played on the same team?
some people are joke (especially the Shaq ******) ..they think "just put some all stars toghter then boom! here is the ring" the only thing they forgot: "one of those all stars should be SHAQUILLE ONEAL OR TIM DUNCAN" ... deal with this plz (despite the lucky 05 pistons)
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: