Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #16
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Andre Bargnani's past month

I think he's good, but that is pathetic for a 7'?, that's all I'm saying. And we already have our frontcourt when they retire; Max and Amir.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #17
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree. This kid has been looking great but 3.8RPG for an athletic 7 footer is pretty bad. I know he won't get lots of rebounds on offense because he mostly stays on the perimeter, but what about on defense? Does he camp behind the 3pt line on defense also?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Believe it or not, he doesn't. Bargnani's defense is very solid for a rookie (at least man-to-man). He moves his feet very well and has the bulk to defend decently in the post.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Angry Re: Andre Bargnani's past month

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
3.8 RPG???? And he's 7'? Words can't describe how pathetic that is.

Here’s some interesting rebounding stats of some bigs in their rookie years:

Dirk – 3.4
Rasheed – 4.7
KG – 6.3
Biedrins – 3.9
Bynum – 1.7
Curry – 3.8
J. O’Neal – 2.8
Nene – 6.1
Brad Miller – 3.1

Putting aside the 100% likelihood that Bargs rebounding numbers will probably increase in the coming years, I would be more concerned with a power player with low rebound totals than I would a versatile big with guard skills.

And when you’re playing in a frontline with Bosh and Rasho, you don’t need to rebound that much.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #20
grover
I brick open layups

grover has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
3.8 RPG???? And he's 7'? Words can't describe how pathetic that is.

errmm... are you forgetting a little guy called umm... Chris BOSH?

Bargnani has been spending quite a bit of time at the the Small Forward spot!
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:15 PM   #21
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Please don't defend Andrea's rebounding. We all know it is atrocious.
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #22
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Please don't defend Andrea's rebounding. We all know it is atrocious.
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Wrong, reality is one man's fantasy and vice versa.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 PM   #23
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

ehhh i don't get why so many people fret about his rebuonding... bosh only averaged 6 rpg in his rookie year i believe.

lets talk about bargnani's wicked shooting %'s instead
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM   #24
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

rockets fans, what yall think of Andrea the 'Hitman' Bargnani?
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #25
Boh! Jackson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boh! Jackson has an OK reputation so far

He is still young. Give him a few years to learn the league and his boards will be up. Eventually he'll be starting at the 3, so with him and Bosh on the front line--and plug in any serviceable widebody at the 5--and you are looking at a retarded front line of 3 seven footers, 2 of which can hit threes, shoot over 50%, can put the ball on the floor and play on the block. If the 5 can
hit the glass at all, that's a pretty sick front court.

The upside is so insane here, Raps fans should be giddy.
Boh! Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You would get torched on the perimeter playing three 7 footers. Anyway, 6 is a lot different than less than 4. I wasn't dogging his other skills, but you can't defend 3.8rpg at 7'.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #27
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Just for fun, here's the month of February in Bosh's rookie year (nearly identical minutes per game):

10.3pts/5.7rebs on 44% shooting
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #28
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boh! Jackson
He is still young. Give him a few years to learn the league and his boards will be up. Eventually he'll be starting at the 3, so with him and Bosh on the front line--and plug in any serviceable widebody at the 5--and you are looking at a retarded front line of 3 seven footers, 2 of which can hit threes, shoot over 50%, can put the ball on the floor and play on the block. If the 5 can
hit the glass at all, that's a pretty sick front court.

I don't know if it would be smart to be starting andrea at the 3... can he really gaurd small forwards?
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #29
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Bargnani cannot defend small forwards. His playing the 3 postion is a pipe dream. Maybe if his quickness improves, but it woudl have to by quite a bit.

With regarsd to rebounds, we know why he isn't geting offensive rebounds so that takes away .5-1.0 per game whcih could bring him to 4.3-4.8, but the more important thing on defense is not whether he is getting the rebound, but whether his guy is getting the offensive boards. Because really if he is effectively boxing his guy out everytime and Bosh or someone else gets every board, the stats are irrelevant.

Sam also likes to use him at the top a lot when they fall into a zone so he is not exactly going to get any boards them either.

Last edited by Molson : 03-01-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #30
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You would get torched on the perimeter playing three 7 footers. Anyway, 6 is a lot different than less than 4. I wasn't dogging his other skills, but you can't defend 3.8rpg at 7'.

ehhh... if dirk didn't average 3.4 rpg in 20 mpg himself in his rookie campaign, i might be a little worried... but how many 7 footers don't average 8+ rpg over their career? very few, he'll get there. the kid has time... and given how he performs on the offensive end, you know he's going to get it.

and whoever thinks bargnani is going to be a SF as he matures... get real.

#1 he's not that quick
#2 he's not done growing.. he'll probably grow another inch and fill out another 10 pounds...
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: