Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #76
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Andre Bargnani's past month

haha nice stab at me GOBB, once a month eh? go ahead, let your emotions out...

funny thing tho, you told a new poster to build up his reputation before he can try to argue with you? that is what rubs people the wrong way, you think you're actually somebody on this board, but no-one gives a sh!t if you actually post here or not, just get that through your mind, most people on this board don't have any respect for you as a poster, you can't force people to respect you...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #77
Boh! Jackson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boh! Jackson has an OK reputation so far

I think the whole plan with the Raps -- and it's Colangelo's MO -- is you have to be able to play multiple positions. Look at Phoenix last year. All there guys were playing out of position. Diaw as a starting centre? Marion a PF. And they won almost 65 games.

Obviously, Bosh is the 4 for as long as he is a Raptor. But Bargs needs to get starters minutes next year. So where do you put him? At the 5 he has to bang all season long with beef like Shaq, and that's not what he is suited to. He is a finesse player - always will be.

At the 3, you can totally zone up for long stretches so he isn't ISO'd on someone like Caron Butler. But in stretches, I totally think he can guard 3s. But they can switch up if need be as well, and he can play the 4 when Bosh is out, or the 5 for spots duty as well.

But you guys are forgetting something -- the best teams in the league force the action, and make the other teams play their style. A line-up with 3 seven footers would cause nightmares trying to defend that. Especially mobile players who have sick range, can handle the rock, go left and right, post up and pass like crazy.

I don't want to see Bargs playing the 3 exclusively for the rest of his career. That's nuts. But in Colangelo's system, you better be able to play 2 or 3 positions. I like Bargs better at the 3 than the 5.
Boh! Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #78
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

I like him at the 3 as well....it also gives him the option to help on the weak side defensively..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #79
James Naismith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You would get torched on the perimeter playing three 7 footers. Anyway, 6 is a lot different than less than 4. I wasn't dogging his other skills, but you can't defend 3.8rpg at 7'.

lmao deuceWallaces...what a stupid name.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:58 AM   #80
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Mehh, we'll take him.

You just enjoy Rasheed for another couple years before you have to rebuild.

amir johnson baby. you will fear the day he crushes your team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #81
Gregsguys
Good High School Starter

Gregsguys has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I like him at the 3 as well....it also gives him the option to help on the weak side defensively..

I don't agree yet on that one, I would rather he spent the next year or two developing his game as a 5and avoiding the foul trouble playing the three would put him in. Guy needs time on the court. Also, work on his post game to go with the range would make him a much better player and make the raps much harder to defend. You mention banging with thelikes of Shaq, which would only be on one end of the floor, on the other end he would be a nightmare. How would Shaq play him when he is standing at the three point line??? Shaq would last about ten minutes before picking up his fifth foul chasing Bargnani around the court...
Gregsguys is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: