Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #16
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: does anyone still like arenas?

liked him last season, that changed over the course of this season. Currently, he's the worst chucker the league has ever seen.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:06 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I learned not to take him seriously anymore.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #18
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He got hot, he ran his mouth, he cooled off, he looked like a dumass.

Not to many follow him anymore.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
He got hot, he ran his mouth, he cooled off, he looked like a dumass.

Not to many follow him anymore.

geewiz
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #20
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

He ran his mouth and looked dumb. So?! At least he says something in interviews. And he's 50/50 in backing himself up so it's not like he's always wrong.

And he's been taking awfule shots...true. But look who's on the floor. We're starting a 2nd year highschool player who's shown promise buts makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and either Jarvis Hayes (complete trash player...he's a shooter that can't shoot) or Roger Mason Jr. (bum from UVA with no game other than shoot a three and miss). I'd rather have Gil shooting than either of them. At least with Gil, he can miss and you have the chance of getting to the line.

Washington loves him, the team loves him. What else matters? 15 year olds on Insidehoops don't like him? I'm sure he'll go home and cry into his millions of dollars.

We're still in the playoffs folks.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 PM   #21
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCBaller1403
He ran his mouth and looked dumb. So?! At least he says something in interviews. And he's 50/50 in backing himself up so it's not like he's always wrong.

And he's been taking awfule shots...true. But look who's on the floor. We're starting a 2nd year highschool player who's shown promise buts makes some of the worst decisions I've ever seen, and either Jarvis Hayes (complete trash player...he's a shooter that can't shoot) or Roger Mason Jr. (bum from UVA with no game other than shoot a three and miss). I'd rather have Gil shooting than either of them. At least with Gil, he can miss and you have the chance of getting to the line.

Washington loves him, the team loves him. What else matters? 15 year olds on Insidehoops don't like him? I'm sure he'll go home and cry into his millions of dollars.

We're still in the playoffs folks.

This isn't about Washington and making the playoffs. This is about Agent Zer0 saying stupid **** in the media and getting locked down by Portland. Personally, I like him and all his bull****, and I especially like him when he lays an egg on the court, but others are sick of his ****.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM   #22
ACCBaller1403
Washed up streetballer

ACCBaller1403 has decent reputationACCBaller1403 has decent reputation

No, when people bash him saying he's a massive ballhog, calling out his shot selection, etc. it is about how our team is doing. If he was such a ballhog we wouldn't have two near 20 pt per game scorers on our team with him and we certainly wouldn't be the top of our division and near the top of the conference.

And I did say he ran his mouth dude. I know it and it was a stupid thing to say. Did I not say that?! But when he ran his mouth and came through half this board was on his nuts talking about how great he is. People are so fickle.

Yes Gil needs to mature and that's not in question. Why is Jamison a captain while Gil isn't? For that very reason. But to see the board flip flop so much is hilarious.

I remember Sheed running his mouth, not coming through, and there was not anywhere near this amount of controversy....and it was in the playoffs! Did I mind? No, because it adds storyline to the series.
ACCBaller1403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:31 PM   #23
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

With the kind of personality he has, if I happened to grow up with him, me and my boys would probably be constantly saying to him that he "play too much." Not sure if that's a term yall familiar with, but that's the kind of vibe he give off.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Arenas is the kind of guys this league needs. He makes it fun to read interviews, watch games...
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:02 PM   #25
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

I've hated Arenas forever. I've hated him even more since he was exposed as a liar, fraud, melodramatic f&ck, and an exceptionally crappy basketball player after being selected to the US National Team.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:07 PM   #26
Jaz
I airball my layups

Jaz has an OK reputation so far

Obviously Arenas is like liver: you either love him or hate him. I love him for the moment, he's quirky but not in an obnoxious--or completely Rodman unhinged--way, but rather like the classic eccentric Englishman.

I can see a day where this changes, and he starts to believe all the things he says about himself. That's where you become completely unhinged, and become a disgusting character.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:20 PM   #27
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Sean77 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, Arenas is still my guy, so he's had a bad couple of months, so what? He's increased his scoring each year with the Wiz, he's led Washington back to the playoffs two years straight, and once Jamison and Caron come back, we'll be a lock for the playoffs again, quite possibly as a 4th seed if not 3rd. We're third right now and that's only by one game, one of the perks of being in the East. That's not bad at all for a team who didn't see no parts of the postseason three years ago. Even if Arenas goes down in scoring this year, it's not like Kobe's never done that, his scoring's gone down twice (28.5 in 00-01 to 25.2 in 01-02, 30.0 in 02-03 to 24.0 in 03-04).

People seem to neglect the fact that we're still first in our division by 3 1/2 games, we were the last team in the entire league to lose two games to division opponents, and we've been dealing with injuries to our forwards and centers virtually all year long. If you're a team that's had three guys make up 60% of your offense for the last three years, and one of them is out, you're going to have some trouble. Now we have two of our big 3 out at the moment, and we're still a very young team. It's hard to win your stars players are out, just ask Miami.

It's been a rough year, yet we're still in good position, and Arenas has the potential to be a definitive leader for the Wiz. He just needs to realize that the team needs him to be the leader and not just the best player on the team. He looks to Antonio Daniels and Jamison as leaders, and they are in terms of experience and calming him down(Jamison had to slap him upside the head after that whole blaming thing with the Portland), but they are contributors on that team. He's the go-to guy. As he goes, so goes Washington, he has to realize. He just needs to grow up and start understanding to whom much is given, much is required. He needs to watch what he says and when he says it. But let's not act like he's the only one whose been caught with his foot in his mouth, just ask Rasheed about last year's playoffs.

One last thing, if you don't like Arenas, just say you don't like him, but if you liked him before don't ride the hate bandwagon now. Don't use his currently cold shooting and the Wiz's last two months as an excuse for why you don't like him. Chances are a lot of you who hate on him now were hating on him just as much when he was smoking everyone in sight and backing up all the wild stuff he was saying. Some of you were calling him a chucker in December and are doing it now. So if you don't like him, for whatever reason, then you don't like him. Don't hide behind how he and his team is doing now, commit to your conviction.

As for me, he's still my dawg because for all his comments and antics and streaky shooting, this is a dude who will actually get involved in the city he plays for. Since he's been in DC you can find him making runs in Berry Farms on his off-time, and he was doing the same thing in Oakland Hills when he was at Golden State. He actually is doing something his part about the ridiculous situation with DC schools. And real DC fans stay DC fans, no such thing as bandwagon here. So win or lose, Arenas is still our boy.

Last edited by Sean77 : 03-01-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:26 PM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

my hatred for abe pollin (sp?) extends to the whole team and has nothing to do with the players as individuals. i guess i liked arenas as a warrior though.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #29
Jaz
I airball my layups

Jaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
my hatred for abe pollin (sp?) extends to the whole team and has nothing to do with the players as individuals. i guess i liked arenas as a warrior though.
I will never forgive Pollin for keeping Unseld around as coach and GM for so long, degrading the franchise to league laughingstock.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #30
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

arenas is a funny guy...

and for the raptors sake, i hope his shooting woes continue.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: