Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #31
kp117
I brick open layups

kp117 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: does anyone still like arenas?

All of you are stupid. Would you rather he'd be an introverted social anxious like Tim Duncan?????????????? He's a better shooter than anybody not named Dirk or Ray Allen.

So what if he talks trash??? Ill take that over shy-azzs Duncan lookin down at the ground every time the camera points his direction.
kp117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #32
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp117
All of you are stupid. Would you rather he'd be an introverted social anxious like Tim Duncan?????????????? He's a better shooter than anybody not named Dirk or Ray Allen.

So what if he talks trash??? Ill take that over shy-azzs Duncan lookin down at the ground every time the camera points his direction.
I can tell you're going to have a really good time here.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #33
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:

Yup, looking down at the ground and hefting his championship trophies...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #34
AIR_ball_Jordan
High School JV MVP

AIR_ball_Jordan has an OK reputation so far

I like Arenas, I like clowns. They make me laugh.
AIR_ball_Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:58 PM   #35
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
With the kind of personality he has, if I happened to grow up with him, me and my boys would probably be constantly saying to him that he "play too much." Not sure if that's a term yall familiar with, but that's the kind of vibe he give off.

Are you from the south?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #36
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Yup, looking down at the ground and hefting his championship trophies...
Professional Basketball is a form of Entertainment, mind you.
I CRIED laughing when Barkley raced Bavetta. Tim is an all time player, but he has no public persona to speak of. Its not his fault, but to denouce somebody like Gilbert for speaking his mind is nonsensical. You guys hating on charisma is pitiful.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Professional Basketball is a form of Entertainment, mind you.
I CRIED laughing when Barkley raced Bavetta. Tim is an all time player, but he has no public persona to speak of. Its not his fault, but to denouce somebody like Gilbert for speaking his mind is nonsensical. You guys hating on charisma is pitiful.

I have no problem with Gil speaking his mind, and most of his antics are hilarious... The three point contest... his trampoline dunk... but as is the rule, "everything in moderation." Sometimes he takes it too far. He came out of the Portland debacle looking like an fool; even his coach ripped him. That's not going to help his team win.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:31 PM   #38
kp117
I brick open layups

Quote:
I have no problem with Gil speaking his mind, and most of his antics are hilarious... The three point contest... his trampoline dunk... but as is the rule, "everything in moderation." Sometimes he takes it too far. He came out of the Portland debacle looking like an fool; even his coach ripped him. That's not going to help his team win.

How does he look like a fool. It not like he's incapable of scoring 50. So for him to predict that he would isn't totally outrageous. He is sitting at the # 2 seed and you still hate????? Why? He was cut from USA for the likes of Hinrich and Chris Paul???????? Two players who are not NEARLY as good (btw, if you want to argue THAT point, I will take you to the cleaners)
The level of disrespect he received from TEAM USA is incredulous for a player with his walk off the court three-point range. And you STILL hate???

Arenas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Chris Paul+Hinrich Times Ten)
Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #39
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
How does he look like a fool. It not like he's incapable of scoring 50. So for him to predict that he would isn't totally outrageous. He is sitting at the # 2 seed and you still hate????? Why? He was cut from USA for the likes of Hinrich and Chris Paul???????? Two players who are not NEARLY as good (btw, if you want to argue THAT point, I will take you to the cleaners)
The level of disrespect he received from TEAM USA is incredulous for a player with his walk off the court three-point range. And you STILL hate???

Arenas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Chris Paul+Hinrich Times Ten)

Well, I'm not comparing Arenas to Chris Paul, Hinrich nor any other point guard in the league. I'm also not sure exactly what team USA was looking for in terms of point guards for the roster, but it seems that from their choices, they were looking for pass first true point guards. Arenas is not that... that, coupled with the fact that he may have had a poor preliminary workout with the team may have lead to him being cut.

Now, concerning the 50 point game... Arenas is well capable of dropping 50 points. The problem is that he's likely to put that before his team and before winning. As it stands, he simply managed to rile up the other team, which promptly put him on lock and easily beat his team...

Now, you can take issue with others criticizing Arenas for some of his antics, but are you also taking issue with Eddie Jordan, who ripped Arenas after that game? Jordan didn't seem to happy...
Old 03-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #40
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well, I'm not comparing Arenas to Chris Paul, Hinrich nor any other point guard in the league. I'm also not sure exactly what team USA was looking for in terms of point guards for the roster, but it seems that from their choices, they were looking for pass first true point guards. Arenas is not that... that, coupled with the fact that he may have had a poor preliminary workout with the team may have lead to him being cut.

Now, concerning the 50 point game... Arenas is well capable of dropping 50 points. The problem is that he's likely to put that before his team and before winning. As it stands, he simply managed to rile up the other team, which promptly put him on lock and easily beat his team...

Now, you can take issue with others criticizing Arenas for some of his antics, but are you also taking issue with Eddie Jordan, who ripped Arenas after that game? Jordan didn't seem to happy...
shouldn't arenas be compared to wade rather than heinrich or paul? he dominates the ball and dominates the game with scoring like wade does rather than fitting in like kirk or drive / passing like cp. he should have taken wade's spot if anyone's (and the team might have been better if its 2guard could hit a jumper from 20 too).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #41
Enigmatism
Raving Lunatic

Enigmatism has an OK reputation so far

He's struggling now that teams can focus on him only. When Jamison and Butler are back all the h8ers will be back on the Arenas bandwagon...
Enigmatism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM   #42
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
shouldn't arenas be compared to wade rather than heinrich or paul? he dominates the ball and dominates the game with scoring like wade does rather than fitting in like kirk or drive / passing like cp. he should have taken wade's spot if anyone's (and the team might have been better if its 2guard could hit a jumper from 20 too).

But it's likely D. Wade had a better preliminary workout than Arenas (played better, fit seemlessly, etc...) and he's a better player overall.

Also, we're talking about the Finals MVP. D. Wade wasn't going to be left off the roster.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #43
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i never understood why dummies say he has such an intriguing personality. all he is bad entertainment, you know, entertainment as a mockery or a fool in the league. he has willingly admitted he is too childish and unworthy to be a leader, who the hell says that type of sh*t? you wanna score but you don't want to be responsible for your teams woes? he has called out jordan, said stupid remarks on national tv. he is infactuated with kobe, calling him out during the all star. he predicts about scoring high - for what? he wanted to take on duke by himself? i still want him to die some how...
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #44
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
i never understood why dummies say he has such an intriguing personality. all he is bad entertainment, you know, entertainment as a mockery or a fool in the league. he has willingly admitted he is too childish and unworthy to be a leader, who the hell says that type of sh*t? you wanna score but you don't want to be responsible for your teams woes? he has called out jordan, said stupid remarks on national tv. he is infactuated with kobe, calling him out during the all star. he predicts about scoring high - for what? he wanted to take on duke by himself? i still want him to die some how...

Bryant fan, huh... how surprising...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #45
-primetime-

Quote:

who gives a sh-it about how they act around a camera?...they are athletes not actors...

shy...not shy...how cares?...just play good basketball...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: