Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default I Now Understand Why Pippen Needs Money

http://www.truehoop.com/basketball-h...ns-wallet.html

Quote:
News of his imminent financial demise hardly surprise. Rather, it calls to mind the absolute coolest Jordan story I'd ever been told -- courtesy of the AP's Jim Litke, the George Washington on my sports journalism Mt. Rushmore. That said, I take everything Jim says as gospel, this story especially. It starts with Jordan shooting around at practice at old Chicago Stadium when he looks up and notices the m&m race on the jumbotron. Curious, he asks one of the Bulls' staffers what's up and learns what he is seeing is actually a dry run-through of the night's in-game entertainment, in which the jumbotron and m&m race factor prominently. (I'm pretty sure this was before shooting t-shirts out of an air cannon captivated a nation.) Naturally, MJ wanted to know if the winner of the race was predetermined. Of course the 8-bit graphics betrayed the answer: a resounding "yes".

So later that night, Phil calls a time out and Jordan & co. repair to the bench. As he's sitting down, he looks up at the jumbotron to see the m&m race about to start. So he nudges Scottie.

MJ: "Bet you 5 grand yellow takes this."

Pip: "Bet."

I'm told this went on for years before Scottie ever got wise...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:51 AM   #2
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: I Now Understand Why Pippen Needs Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly

great story...
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
"I'm told this went on for years before Scottie ever got wise"

Years!?!..not the sharpest Crayon in the box..was Scottie..
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

hahahahahah
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dude when they have the dot races in A's Stadium people go CRAZY It's hella fun, they actually try to cheer on the dot they picked and it's madness. If your ever in California during baseball season, go see an A's game seriously, it's awsome.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:28 PM   #6
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Pippen needs money because, as mentioned on the insidehoops.com nba rumors page several times in the past month, his past financial advisors/managers got him to invest in awful stuff, throwing insane amounts of money away, including on planes/plane travel

Last edited by insidehoops : 03-01-2007 at 12:34 PM.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Thats not cool at all. Its almost equivalent to stealing. But since its Jordan people wont care.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
PMshooter
High School Varsity 12th Man

PMshooter has decent reputationPMshooter has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Thats not cool at all. Its almost equivalent to stealing. But since its Jordan people wont care.

I agree. It's fraudulent.
PMshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So, nobody has scooped up Pippen yet, so that must say something. Also, the Lakers would have to give up a roster spot, and they may not want to do this just yet....

So, will anyone sign him???

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyTheBench
Well... it's up for debate whether or not he or his advisors are to blame. A judge ruled AGAINST Pippen's claims that it was his advisor's fault, so legally at least, it was all his own fault.

Being to blame for giving really awful advice, vs. being "legally at fault for criminal behavior" aren't the same thing

But yeah, either way, he messed up, because it went on for a while and he didn't stop it
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM   #11
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84

Aww, come on, you can't blame this on Jordan... Sure it's a little underhanded, but if Scottie was that slow, he deserved to be taken. I'm sure both he and Jordan look back on it and laugh... or I'm sure at least Jordan looks back on it and laughs... but that's neither hear nor there.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #12
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

like one poster mentioned above, if the Lakers might not want to give up a roster spot for him, who will want to sign him? and nobody is sure what he can bring to the table
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:27 PM   #13
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

and why isn't he an assistant to phil jackson yet? nobody knows the intricacies of that offense and defense better than pip. i'm sure jerry buss would shell out for the services of the best possible teacher for all of his players.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #14
HollaBolla
Banned

HollaBolla has an OK reputation so far

Warning:lame joke comin up,

Pippen needs money so he, Will Perdue and BJ Armstrong can go to Pamplona, Spain to participate on that annual event, "Running of the Bulls".:
HollaBolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #15
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Aww, come on, you can't blame this on Jordan... Sure it's a little underhanded, but if Scottie was that slow, he deserved to be taken. I'm sure both he and Jordan look back on it and laugh... or I'm sure at least Jordan looks back on it and laughs... but that's neither hear nor there.

Nah dude, not cool. Its not even like he just did it once. They said this went on for years. Scottie may be an idiot for continuing though he kept losing but what does it say about Jordan he'd do that for that long? Thats pretty messed up. If I lost 20 bucks to someone like that i'd be pissed. Much less if it happened over and over again.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: