Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #16
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: I Now Understand Why Pippen Needs Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Nah dude, not cool. Its not even like he just did it once. They said this went on for years. Scottie may be an idiot for continuing though he kept losing but what does it say about Jordan he'd do that for that long? Thats pretty messed up. If I lost 20 bucks to someone like that i'd be pissed. Much less if it happened over and over again.

I hear you, but you have to see the humor in that. No wonder Scottie has had larger financial problems.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #17
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Pippen needs money because, as mentioned on the insidehoops.com nba rumors page several times in the past month, his past financial advisors/managers got him to invest in awful stuff, throwing insane amounts of money away, including on planes/plane travel
He should have bought Berkshire stock.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #18
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I can't see myself doing that to a close friend, so I guess Jordan and Pippen were nothing more than teammates.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
I can't see myself doing that to a close friend, so I guess Jordan and Pippen were nothing more than teammates.

You know what, that I'll agree with. I personally couldn't see myself doing that to any of my good friends. Then again, maybe the amount of money was insignificant to them, though I somewhat doubt it was to Pippen.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 AM   #20
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Pippen was criminally underpaid during his 10 year career with Chicago. Here he was/is famous for being cheap and was known as "No Tippin' Pippen" because of his low tips. He had a rough childhood. I believe he was the 11th youngest of 12 brothers so it's easy to see why he was so careful with money.

I'd assume he was quite pissed at MJ once he finally did found out the truth. Compared to MJ Pip had very little.

Last edited by Indian guy : 03-02-2007 at 12:37 AM.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:11 AM   #21
millencolin735
Decent playground baller

millencolin735 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Years!?!..not the sharpest Crayon in the box..was Scottie..

I'm guessing you were kidding with that but if not, just to clarify it's sharpest tool in the shed, and birghtest crayon in the box, but again I'm guessing you were kidding.....I hope.
millencolin735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #22
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

thats ****ed up.

once is funny. twice is eh. years? i feel bad for scottie.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM   #23
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I doubt it went on for years.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 AM   #24
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

You would think to quit if you lost something 5 times in a row.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #25
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

I think it only happend once. I mean, you think phil would let them sit there and watch the race everytime?
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #26
webberz0044
Decent playground baller

webberz0044 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
I think it only happend once. I mean, you think phil would let them sit there and watch the race everytime?

What was he going to do, trade them, lol.
webberz0044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 AM   #27
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

lol true true.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #28
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

COLD BLOOOODED!!!!

MJ is ruthless with his gambling. He did is own sidekick wrong. I always hated those cartoon races anyways.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #29
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollaBolla
Warning:lame joke comin up,

Pippen needs money so he, Will Perdue and BJ Armstrong can go to Pamplona, Spain to participate on that annual event, "Running of the Bulls".:

Lame! :)
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:30 PM   #30
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They were talking about Tiger during a special the other day. And they were talking to Barkley and Jordan, because the three are friends. Barkley said:

"For someone as rich as these two they are cheap. In fact Michael is the cheapest guy I know."
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: