Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #16
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Raptors continue to surprise... even me

Did I see the move? Oh man I drooled over it! Pure Rasho brilliance.

I agree, while many thought it wasn't a big move, and questioned taking on his contract, Rasho has been a critical part of the Raptors by giving them their best center and low-post presence in years. He may not play all game, but having him as an option (and as a starter) bring a lot to the squad. I just love how smart he is on defense. He and Anthony Parker should teach classes.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #17
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
^ This is a man that knows what he's talking about. Rasho has never, NEVER, missed the playoffs. Coincidence that the T-Wolves dropped out of contention when he left? I think not.

Good stuff there, it is noted.

I dont hype TJ Ford because he is from Texas, I hype TJ Ford because he is a winner that is from Texas. Texas has yet to make the Final Four since....you guessed it folks...TJ Ford was in town. Not even LaMarcus "#2 to Portland Erasing Memories of Sam Bowie" Aldridge could get them where TJ Ford got them, The Final Four.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #18
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
The TJ Ford Factor strikes again. Seriously, the guy takes the Bucks to the playoffs his rookie year. Gets hurt the next year, they miss the playoffs. When he finally returns, they make the playoffs again for the first time since the last year he played. He now goes to the Raps, they are in the playoffs for the first time in ages, while the Bucks are like 21-37 or something.

The TJ Ford Factor. TJ Ford = Playoffs

It makes sense.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #19
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

It's the Garbajosa factor, every nba team that Garbo has played for, has made the playoffs...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #20
different107
National High School Star

different107 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I'm surprised he didn't mention that Chris Bosh is from Dallas.

really?
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM   #21
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Colangelo in this thread.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #22
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The TJ Ford Factor strikes again. Seriously, the guy takes the Bucks to the playoffs his rookie year. Gets hurt the next year, they miss the playoffs. When he finally returns, they make the playoffs again for the first time since the last year he played. He now goes to the Raps, they are in the playoffs for the first time in ages, while the Bucks are like 21-37 or something.

No my friends, this is how it really is......TJ Ford=Drrible the ball til 3 seconds left on the shot clock and jack it up.
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

welcome back O, for ever long you decide to stay, ummmmm yea I'm surprised, I had them winning around 33-35 games at the beginning of the season, they've raped my predictions and now won't even let me have an abortion, but yea, as I was saying, they have surprised me alot...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:38 AM   #24
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4
No my friends, this is how it really is......TJ Ford=Drrible the ball til 3 seconds left on the shot clock and jack it up.

You must be naive, TJ Ford has been integral to the success of this team, if you believe otherwise, you are sorely mistaken. He may take the odd bad shot, but the guy allows us to be a competitive basketball team.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:37 AM   #25
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Toronto is a great team. Colengelo is a genius. He brought in effective players from overseas and filled needs with guys like Rasho, Garbajosa, and Calderon.

Calderon is so good... he could be a great starting PG on any team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:45 AM   #26
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
kwajo, did you see when he took Jake Tsakalidis to school in the post?

WHOA

Anyone that can take Big Jake to school is seriously my hero

Anyways I would like to give props to Sam Mitch for somehow not screwing up what colengelo has done
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 AM   #27
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

yea, losing Simmons, Redd and Villanueva for all those games isnt why the Bucks are gonna miss the playoffs :rollingeyes:

Quote:
I dont hype TJ Ford because he is from Texas, I hype TJ Ford because he is a winner that is from Texas. Texas has yet to make the Final Four since....you guessed it folks...TJ Ford was in town. Not even LaMarcus "#2 to Portland Erasing Memories of Sam Bowie" Aldridge could get them where TJ Ford got them, The Final Four.

good god Miles, erasing memories of Bowie? Just admit the only reason you like those two is b/c they are shorthorns. I bet you even check to see what Royal Ivey is doing when the Hawks play.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:20 AM   #28
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tips4

What an idiot! And lemme guess.. u're from the Jose-better-than-Ford camp. ...and prollay the first to boo Mike James and Donyell Marshall whenever they come to Toronto.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #29
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

Well.... Colangelo and Mitchell get all the credit possible. Colangelo, for assembling a decent roster and Mitchell for utilizing the talent to the highest efficiency. As for the individual players, here's how I'd rate their contribution to the team and how integral a part they play to the success. First Ford, then Rasho .. then Parker and Garbajosa.
And the huge improvement to Bosh and Calderon are major major factors as well to the team's huge turnaround. Specially Bosh, whose improvement in his game may not have been that huge as his intangibles..his leadership, accountability, decisiveness, game approach and understanding of the game situations have improved exponentially. And yes, he HATES losing... and maybe it is the Ford-infected.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #30
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Toronto has made great moves. They have quickly positioned themselves to have a change to crack the finals over the next several years. I wouldn't be surprised if they could get there in as little as 2-3 years. They've got a lot of cap room coming as well. Playing in Canada is always a disadvantage when it comes to free agents, but this team is coning togetger well.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: