Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 02:27 AM   #16
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Sword.Dragons has decent reputation
Default Re: so is NBA popularity high once again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEWLS
I would say basketball is much more popular the V8 Supercars, i dont think anyone i know could name 3 drivers in that sport.

This may vary from state, BTW which part of AUS are you from. Im a from MELB

I'm from Brisbane, Basketball is pretty dead around here except for the two main schools (Brisbane state. and Townsville who were both in the U19 championship game in geelong a couple months ago).. V8's are pretty big around here.
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 AM   #17
gsxr1kryder
Decent playground baller

gsxr1kryder has an OK reputation so far

so how do you judge if it is popular? other than your close friends or people you talk to, the only other way I could guess would be seeing them sport their favorite NBA teams clothing/hats etc.
If that's being the case, the NBA around my area is completely dead. I cannot remember the last time I saw anyone out and about sporting anything that had an NBA team on it. around here, I see TONS of people wearing NFL stuff, and about as much wearing NCAA (hard to tell if it's basketball or football).
Out of all my friends/acquaintances, I know of only 1 that follows the NBA. Whenever they talk basketball with me, it's always college related.

1 of the reasons I've heard over the years why the NBA is not popular is because of competition. just a little (very little) part of me agrees with that. Think about it. In college, these kids supposedly aren't getting paid. so every game means something and they're all trying to get to the championship. So it's more about basketball than money. In the NBA, you've got guys that could care less how they're playing because they're still getting paid. Thus meaning the championship takes a backseat to GETTIN' PAID.
Joe Johnson is a prime example. He goes from a superb championship calibre team, to a team that has zero chance of winning it all because of money. so you know where his loyalty lies. (in his wallet).
gsxr1kryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:59 AM   #18
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
Joe Johnson is a prime example. He goes from a superb championship calibre team, to a team that has zero chance of winning it all because of money. so you know where his loyalty lies. (in his wallet).
Wrong, JJ wanted to to the Hawks because he didn't want to be the 4th option on the Suns offense.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:10 AM   #19
StreetPharmacist
Serious playground baller

StreetPharmacist has an OK reputation so far

Over the past decade, I think NBA fandom has grown manyfolds in Europe, Asia and South America. ... but in US itself, its viewrship is much lower to previous decades. Specially, the past 3-4 years.
StreetPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:26 AM   #20
Force
National High School Star

Force has decent reputationForce has decent reputation

Ratings wont EVER be as high as the MJ days. Back then, we didn't have over 200 channels to chose from like we do now. It's smart that Stern is looking to grow internationally because that's all he can really do now. Football will always be more popular than basketball....UFC and Pride (MMA events) are growing big time too. There are just too many sports for people to choose from for it to get as big as it was back in the 80's and 90's when we didnt' have that many channels to pick from.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:55 AM   #21
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

the nbas popularity will be great again once they start putting more nba on sportscenter then nfl.
**** i hate how much they talk about the nfl on there, every time i switch to sportscenter its something about terrell owens. you know what I DNT GIV A FLYING **** ABOUT TERRALL OWENS, ****ING VIEW SOME LEBRON N DIRK VIDS N SHOW HOW AWESOME THAT GAME WAS U FAT BASTARDS!
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #22
Gad23
I hit open 5-footers

Gad23 has an OK reputation so far

ROFL.
over here in singapore, football(u guys call it soccer) rule. Basketball doesnt get much coverage here. One reason is because we know that we will never ever be good in basketball. Our average height is like 5'7. and the tallest guy on our national team is like 6'6. LOL. But the youth here esp those that play basketball follow the nba. Just that soccer is more popular. EPL and champs league. Soccer seems more universal and fair. u dun need height. LOL.
Gad23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: