Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #31
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Melo his future....

I want this to be clear....

If Melo decides to opt out this is where my trepidation comes from. I just cant see this guy value to the Knicks by getting over 25 mill.

In My Humble Opinion for the Knicks...

Be the face of the franchise. When you think Knicks do you think Melo? I dont. I dont see him as representative of the Knicks Organization. When I think of other team names their best player automatically pops in my head.

Max Player is the reason fans come to the games at home or the road etc...

Leadership. Max Player earns the respect from his teammates by leading by example as well as the commander of the locker room. The players believe in him to keep them in games or helps wins games.

Max Player is the MAIN ingredient to a Championship.

This is what a Max Player should be for the Knicks. Where I disagree with Franchize is he describes a Max Player for a team like the Hawks or Pelicans.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #32
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I want this to be clear....

If Melo decides to opt out this is where my trepidation comes from. I just cant see this guy value to the Knicks by getting over 25 mill.

In My Humble Opinion for the Knicks...

Be the face of the franchise. When you think Knicks do you think Melo? I dont. I dont see him as representative of the Knicks Organization. When I think of other team names their best player automatically pops in my head.

Max Player is the reason fans come to the games at home or the road etc...

Leadership. Max Player earns the respect from his teammates by leading by example as well as the commander of the locker room. The players believe in him to keep them in games or helps wins games.

Max Player is the MAIN ingredient to a Championship.

This is what a Max Player should be for the Knicks. Where I disagree with Franchize is he describes a Max Player for a team like the Hawks or Pelicans.

Your argument has been pretty solid throughout this thread but this is just going a little too far.

We all know for a fact when the average NBA fan hears the word Knicks, the first player that comes to mind is Melo.

I am of the belief that the players you keep around are the players who can be a significant piece on a championship winning team. Carmelo Anthony has the talent, ability, and versatility as a scorer to be a significant piece on a team that wins a title. Tyson Chandler has shown he has this ability, but at the money he's making, we should be asking if he is the one who's worth it, not Melo.

Amar'e used to have this ability, but his window is shut. Look at the rest of the Knicks roster. Just about none of these guys have this ability, aside from promising young players like Hardaway and Shumpert.

Our front office is just about blind as to what makes a championship team, and this is why we have such a bad record.

Gut the roster aside from Melo, Shump and Hardaway, and build from there with talented players who actually can impact a game on the court and the questions about Carmelo Anthony will come to an end.

I don't blame him for opting out at all, the Knicks have built nothing to win with. The blame should solely be on the shoulders of Dolan and the front office.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:27 PM   #33
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Melo his future....

So when you think of the Knicks, you don't automatically know who's their best player? Are you ****ing serious? This team probably has the biggest drop off between #1 and #2 in the league.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Melo his future....

melo is the best player on the team, that cant be denied.

But thats the biggest problem...he aint good enough to be a teams best player if winning something meaningful is the desire.

Either you trade for someone better...and there's at least 15 that are....

Or you walk away from melo when he opts out.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #35
MellowYellow
Local High School Star
 
MellowYellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,677
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Knickcity already listed quite a few players already. Still no one has said what qualifies him as a max player, what he brings to the table.

That list doesn't mean anything and there is no evidence that any of those players are better than Melo.
MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 AM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,321
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow
That list doesn't mean anything and there is no evidence that any of those players are better than Melo.
other than eye test and impact...you're right there's no evidence.

Just for this post....add Blake Griffin to it....that dude is carrying the Clippers now even without CP3.

playing defense and knocking down jumpers and threes along with good passing and running the fastbreak.

I'm tempted to put Chris Bosh in front as well....but I'll be nice.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:12 AM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
So when you think of the Knicks, you don't automatically know who's their best player? Are you ****ing serious? This team probably has the biggest drop off between #1 and #2 in the league.
I said when I think Knicks I dont automatically think of Melo. When you say Clippers you automatically think CP3 Blake, GSW Curry, Thunder Durant Westbrook, Heat Big 3,.... Thats what I am saying. Brooklyn too. When I think of Brooklyn I dont think Deron or Lopez, Atlanta falls into that situation as well there are probably a handful of teams when you hear the name their really isnt a face attached to that organization.

I will reiterate if Melo opts out I wouldnt pay him 25 plus mill....

Its too late to think if Chandler or Stat are worth it. They are in the middle of their egregious contracts. Its safe to say neither has lived up to that money. So its irrelevant.


Mellow Yellow what evidence have you provided that Melo is worth or isnt worth that money.... or even provided anything that states those 15 players arent better. This isnt an attack just really curious what people base some of these opinions on.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I said when I think Knicks I dont automatically think of Melo. When you say Clippers you automatically think CP3 Blake, GSW Curry, Thunder Durant Westbrook, Heat Big 3,.... Thats what I am saying. Brooklyn too. When I think of Brooklyn I dont think Deron or Lopez, Atlanta falls into that situation as well there are probably a handful of teams when you hear the name their really isnt a face attached to that organization.

That's because when you think of the Knicks you think of embarrassment....like every other Knicks fan. And that is because of the GM.

Also, I'd beg to differ that Melo isn't the face of the franchise. Obviously he is or else Amare would share EQUAL blame seeing how he gets paid MORE than Melo does. #FACTSONLY
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #39
Draz
Like a Baoss.
 
Draz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BTE boulevard
Posts: 13,345
Default Re: Melo his future....

Starts with ownership, management, coaching staff and downwards.

We're known to bring popular players that have potential or are all star material and sink the careers of those players. It's because of our leadership as an organization, it needs a huge change. Carmelo's value didn't go down, but he's being mocked and he's being embarrassed out there. Carmelo isn't the problem.

No matter how you put it, how you slice it, Carmelo can leave and go somewhere better because he is talented and he can score. He can leave us with absolutely nothing. Because he owes us nothing, he's done his job. Let's be serious we can't beat the thunder, pacers, heat, warriors, Spurs, in a series. If we make the playoffs we will lose, and then what. Free agency? New coach?

This franchise needs to start ground up like the pacers did, rebuild through draft picks trades, and work with what we have.

Self destruction. Can we really pull a star second option max player under melo? I highly doubt it at this point. The true question is what is stoping melo from leaving?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #40
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
That's because when you think of the Knicks you think of embarrassment....like every other Knicks fan. And that is because of the GM.

Also, I'd beg to differ that Melo isn't the face of the franchise. Obviously he is or else Amare would share EQUAL blame seeing how he gets paid MORE than Melo does. #FACTSONLY
I dont think Amare gets a pass but he's out of sight out of mind. I blame the FO for Amare. This guy was going to break down everyone in the league knew it but the Knicks didnt care.

I just wish Melo had a little more MOTIVATION, FIRE, LEADERSHIP win at all cost. Give me everything you got on the court take control of the floor and locker room. He needs to be "THE MAN".
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I dont think Amare gets a pass but he's out of sight out of mind. I blame the FO for Amare. This guy was going to break down everyone in the league knew it but the Knicks didnt care.

I just wish Melo had a little more MOTIVATION, FIRE, LEADERSHIP win at all cost. Give me everything you got on the court take control of the floor and locker room. He needs to be "THE MAN".

I think he does though. I think he is ridiculed excessively because he has a laid back personality. Mellow if you will. Everyone ain't a rah rah type of guy. I see him turn it up when he plays guys like LeBron. I see him increasing his rebounds this year. I've seen him pull guys like JR to the side and have man to man talks. At some point, we gotta stop with the "make others better" talks and start holding guys accountable for improving and stepping their own games up. Shump improved his jumpshot and Amare worked on his post game. Other than that, what role player has really added to their game?
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:21 PM   #42
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,980
Default Re: Melo his future....

I cant see Melo staying unless they dump Stat. I dont think he is going to bother to wait until Chandler and Stat money comes off the books.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 06:35 PM   #43
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
My opinion:
1. Because he lead the league in scoring last year and is like #2 this year.
2. Because I personally feel he's one of the best players in the league.
3. Because no player I feel is better than Carmelo will be available. Ex. We don't have a shot at LeBron and Durant will be part of the Thunder for years to come.
4. Despite our record this year, we overachieved last year and I personally think he was the biggest reason why.
5. Because he is one of a handful of players who can truly compete head up with LeBron James.
6. Because we don't have draft picks or many assets to replace a player of his caliber.
7. Because he's the best player we've had since Patrick Ewing. I do recall us paying Allan Houston a shit load of money btw.

So there's my rationale. People on this board have readily said "why should we keep him?" and "we should just blow it up". well there's my answer. Now I'd love to see everyone's plan once we "blow it up". The bottom feeder teams "blow it up" all the time. Cap space doesn't win championships tho. So what's the plan when we do get rid of the disease that apparently Carmelo Anthony is lol?

I totally agree. We haven't had a player like this guy since Ewing. I for one don't want to wait another 10+ years to acquire a talent like this. We gave up a lot to get him, but he's here now and we have a second chance at getting it right. I like Melo; he's won me over with his rebounding and personality... certainly not the same Melo who played under Karl. He doesn't deserve half the hate he gets here.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 PM   #44
MellowYellow
Local High School Star
 
MellowYellow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: arizona
Posts: 1,677
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
other than eye test and impact...you're right there's no evidence.

Just for this post....add Blake Griffin to it....that dude is carrying the Clippers now even without CP3.

playing defense and knocking down jumpers and threes along with good passing and running the fastbreak.

I'm tempted to put Chris Bosh in front as well....but I'll be nice.
MellowYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #45
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,710
Default Re: Melo his future....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowYellow
Don't even bother dude. He's "smarter" than all of us.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:52 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy