Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default What do you think of other guys who are overly sacharrine?

if a guy and girl are in a relationship, this does not pertain to them.

but let's say theres this really hot chick who just happens to be single.

you make a move by being charming and straightforward. being a man who is trying to make the girl feel special basically but doing it on the guy's terms.

w/e i dont know how to describe it. basically being a smooth operator or w/e the term is.

but now what do you think of guys who act overly sacharrine and rather like a girl to this chick? "hey. i heard you did awesome on that math test. so you know I was walking my dog today and... wow that's so true!"

basically a guy talking like a girl and straddling the whole issue of asking her out and then when he walks away he feels like a big shot.

this has nothing to do with anything. just something I witness quite frequently.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #2
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What do you think of other guys who are overly sacharrine?

Well, the straight forward approach doesn't work on all girls, actually I think the younger they are the more "saccharine" you gotta be in general. I think as they mature, girls tend to be able to see through that BS stuff.

I had more success in college getting dates mainly because I'm not much of a sweet talker for lack of a better term, but then again perhaps I just plain sucked at it in HS. Who knows. I can say though that even in college I could tell which girls were the ones that liked that sort of stuff. Personally I was not into those kinds of girls because I thought they were more immature. Different people might have different opinions/experiences though.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a HUGE flirt, but i can't say i do the whole "sacharrine" thing very often, at least not when i'm trying to flirt with a girl.

The thing that i've found works best, besides the straight-up "hey i think you're cute" approach, is talking to them then ease your way in with a little flirt-fighting. I know it seems juvenile but honestly flirt-fighting has gotten me so many more girls than any other approach, especially since i've been in college. It's weird
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

well being charming and a good talker are good things.

when I say overly saccharine I mean a guy ends up talking like a girl.

"ohhhh really? that's so coolllllllll!"
Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
well being charming and a good talker are good things.

when I say overly saccharine I mean a guy ends up talking like a girl.

"ohhhh really? that's so coolllllllll!"

you gotta make her feel special

you can't just go up to a girl like " you me in my bed tomorrow night, be there!!!! "
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

well yeah. but...

hmmm....

I guess what I am trying to say is when a guy ends up straddling the whole issue of asking her out in the end, ends up making some small talk in a borderline homosexual way, the girl thinks he's gay so decides to be his friend or use him as a boy toy, and the guy walks away feeling like a big shot.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
well yeah. but...

hmmm....

I guess what I am trying to say is when a guy ends up straddling the whole issue of asking her out in the end, ends up making some small talk in a borderline homosexual way, the girl thinks he's gay so decides to be his friend or use him as a boy toy, and the guy walks away feeling like a big shot.

Oh I see what you mean.....you mean someone who doesn't have the balls to ask her out so ends up becoming her "girlfriend" instead hoping to get an opening later? That's lame.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Oh I see what you mean.....you mean someone who doesn't have the balls to ask her out so ends up becoming her "girlfriend" instead hoping to get an opening later? That's lame.

bingo.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #9
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

I think that usually ends up with the girl only seeing the guy as "just a friend" because how is she going to take him serious?? unless of course the girl is real vulnerable...

word of advice: always be yourself!
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Make her laugh.

*BOOM*

You're in.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM   #11
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Make her laugh.

*BOOM*

You're in.
works sometimes. but then again, in some cases this could be precisely what VC is talking about.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #12
j Fresh
Local High School Star

I agree with artificial on this one, it depends on what kind of girl she is and I think it's really just best to be yourself.

Eventually at least two or three girls will fall for you because of who you really are and no pretending to be something you're not. And if you have a really great personality, you don't have to try to impress girls.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

six pack and cut biceps don't hurt either.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:48 PM   #14
j Fresh
Local High School Star

:
Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
The_Masterplan
Banned

The_Masterplan has an OK reputation so far

so basically guys that just have the girls talk about themselves and respond with "AIM talk" like thats cool and sound uninterested.

BTW i had to look up the word saccharrine
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: