Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-30-2013, 12:34 AM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Post Your Playoff predictions (With Super Bowl winner)

Bengals have beaten a lot of the AFC playoff teams this year, including New England. Our defense is ferocious, even with the absence of Leon Hall and Geno Atkins. Also, we have beaten many of the top QB's in the game (Brady, Ben, Rogers, Rivers, Luck).

Offensively, I'll put out talent against anyone else's in the league, but ultimately, it comes down to Dalton avoiding crucial mistakes. At least once or twice a game, he does something extremely idiotic. That kind of thing can cost a team in the playoffs.

I view Denver as being the class of the AFC, but they aren't head and shoulders better than the Bengals. It wouldn't be the biggest upset of all time to go into mile high and take them down, but first, we must beat the Chargers to erase the 23 year playoff win drought.

Basically, my point is, I think the Bengals can beat any of these AFC teams. Not saying they will, but this is the best shot we have had in a long time. For all of our previous playoff matchups this millennium, I truly felt we were facing better teams in the first round. Not this time.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 12-30-2013 at 12:39 AM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
shaq2000
mde

shaq2000 has decent reputationshaq2000 has decent reputation

Book it.

shaq2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #33
1987_Lakers
NBA All-star

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Bengals have beaten a lot of the AFC playoff teams this year, including New England. Our defense is ferocious, even with the absence of Leon Hall and Geno Atkins. Also, we have beaten many of the top QB's in the game (Brady, Ben, Rogers, Rivers, Luck).

Offensively, I'll put out talent against anyone else's in the league, but ultimately, it comes down to Dalton avoiding crucial mistakes. At least once or twice a game, he does something extremely idiotic. That kind of thing can cost a team in the playoffs.

I view Denver as being the class of the AFC, but they aren't head and shoulders better than the Bengals. It wouldn't be the biggest upset of all time to go into mile high and take them down, but first, we must beat the Chargers to erase the 23 year playoff drought.

Basically, my point is, I think the Bengals can beat any of these AFC teams. Not saying they will, but this is the best shot we have had in a long time. For all of our previous playoff matchups this millennium, I truly felt we were facing better teams in the first round. Not this time.

Bengals are somewhat overlooked, they have a good defense and playmakers on offense, but I just cannot trust this team in a big game, they always seem to under perform when all eyes are on them.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #34
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

I view Denver as being the class of the AFC, but they aren't head and shoulders better than the Bengals. It wouldn't be the biggest upset of all time to go into mile high and take them down, but first, we must beat the Chargers to erase the 23 year playoff win drought.

Dalton is the biggest question mark
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #35
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
Bengals are somewhat overlooked, they have a good defense and playmakers on offense, but I just cannot trust this team in a big game, they always seem to under perform when all eyes are on them.

Its understandable that people would feel that way, and it's hard to put one's trust into a coach in his 11th year that is 0-4 in the playoffs. He and the Bengals have a lot to prove still.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #36
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Suprised at all the love the Panthers are getting.. Their offense is terrible. The Saints should have beaten them but our offense couldn't get one first down to seal the game.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #37
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Lets be real though, a Seahawks vs 49ers NFC championship would probably be the game of the year. Brady vs Peyton is cool and all, but the 49ers and Seahawks beating the shit out of each other is what football is supposed to be.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 12:47 AM   #38
Johnny Jones
Russel Wilson = GOAT

Johnny Jones has decent reputationJohnny Jones has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Saints stink on the road and yet they are going to march into Philly via the playoffs and win. Ok. You guys wait for that one.
As a Saints fan I agree with this

Although all of our losses on the road have been to physical defenses and Philly's weakness appears to be their defense.

Last edited by Johnny Jones : 12-30-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Johnny Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:30 AM   #39
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Bengals beat Chargers
Indy beats Chiefs
Saints beat eagles
San Fran beats Greenbay

Broncos beat Bengals
Pats beat Indy
Seahawks beat saints
San Fran beats Panthers

Broncos and Seahawks make superbowl. Seahawks win comfortably forcing a bunch of turnovers on Peyton to win it all.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:35 AM   #40
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

How the **** are people picking the Chargers over the Bengals IN Cincinnati? Bengals even beat the Chargers earlier this season. Wow they're getting overlooked and disrespected. We'll see on Sunday.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #41
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
How the **** are people picking the Chargers over the Bengals IN Cincinnati? Bengals even beat the Chargers earlier this season. Wow they're getting overlooked and disrespected. We'll see on Sunday.
chargers are hot, hot teams usually make it past the 1st round
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:42 AM   #42
JimmyMcAdocious
NBA sixth man of the year

JimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation hereJimmyMcAdocious has an incredible reputation here

I trust Dalton the least out of every QB in the playoffs.
JimmyMcAdocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:51 AM   #43
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
chargers are hot, hot teams usually make it past the 1st round

Cincy is 8-0 at home. The defense won't let Rivers do a thing out there.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #44
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected posterimdaman99 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Saints stink on the road and yet they are going to march into Philly via the playoffs and win. Ok. You guys wait for that one.
Everyone picked against the Giants on their super bowl run too. Consider it good news
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #45
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

Chargers Chiefs, Packers, Eagles . I'll pick one week at a time
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: