Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool
Default Radmonovic fined $500,000

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-vlade2mar02,0,4255153.story?coll=la-home-sports','311

Oops! Next time don't go skiing and then lie about your injury.

Quote:
The Lakers fined forward Vladimir Radmanovic $500,000 — about 10% of his salary this season — for a contract violation stemming from a snowboarding crash during the NBA All-Star break.

Radmanovic, out until mid- to late-April because of a separated right shoulder sustained in the accident, said he would not appeal the fine.

"It's fair for what I did. I just want to move forward and try to get healthy and get back on the court," he said.

Radmanovic, 26, is in the first year of a five-year, $30.2 million contract and he expressed relief that the Lakers did not take the drastic step of voiding his contract entirely.

He initially told Lakers officials he hurt himself while crossing the street after getting coffee in Park City, Utah. He admitted lying a few days later. It was his first time snowboarding.

"We discussed internally among our coach, ownership and management a variety of disciplinary options and thought that this was the fairest and most appropriate action," Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement. "We consider this a closed issue now and look forward to Vlade's return to action, where he'll be able to use his talents to help our team."

Radmanovic, who is expected to miss 20-25 games but probably be back for the playoffs, is averaging 6.9 points and 3.4 rebounds.

Last edited by basketballer4 : 03-01-2007 at 05:54 PM.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #2
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Radmonovic fined $500,000

jeez! that's like 1/10 of his yearly pay isnt it?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Next time he does it ship his ass back where he came from.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
easythereliberace
I airball my layups

easythereliberace has an OK reputation so far

Dumb mistake from Rad-Man. Hopefully he can come back soon for the Lakers. I have watched him some on league pass and he has better game than I thought. He looks to drive it rather than shoot it most of the time, unless he is wide open or has a big cushion.
easythereliberace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #5
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
jeez! that's like 1/10 of his yearly pay isnt it?

Quote:
$500,000 — about 10% of his salary this season

I SHOULD READ THE MOTHER****ING THREAD, BEFORE I MOTHER****ING POST
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
basketballer4
Sweaty ti.ts

basketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat coolbasketballer4 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I SHOULD READ THE MOTHER****ING THREAD, BEFORE I MOTHER****ING POST

Haha, but you typed that before I edited my post and quoted the article in.
basketballer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

We won't be seeing Radman coming down the Cime de Caron
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Surprised the Lakers went public with this.

Also surprised at the severity of the injury. For his first time snowboarding, he shouldn't have been in any situation that would have caused him to get that hurt. Must've been the absolute wrong combination of circumstances.

The Rocky Mountain States haven't been kind to the Lakers. Kobe and Colorado. VladRad and Utah. Keep Oden out of Montana, Bynum out of Wyoming, I guess...
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #9
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

wow....500 g's....i would have kept my mouth shut.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 AM   #10
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

IMO even though he did the honorable thing by admiting his injury was in result of bailing on the slopes a harsh punishment is completley justified and all too necessary ... The Lakes are paying this guy a boat load of coin to play a friggin sport and the fact that he went down during such a pivotal time only made it worse. Now for the lakers sake, lets hope he heals better then he snowboards.
SNAP!

Done & Done
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wow, Vlad is lucky. $500000, wow.

If I were the owner I would of been pissed off and terminated his contract.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:39 AM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
Also surprised at the severity of the injury. For his first time snowboarding, he shouldn't have been in any situation that would have caused him to get that hurt. Must've been the absolute wrong combination of circumstances.

unless he got all macho and decided to go on real slopes instead of learning on a green.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

TonyJones has decent reputationTonyJones has decent reputation

damn. They need to give that 500,000 to charity. Taking big money out of people's accounts like dollar bills.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:02 AM   #14
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

They should have voided his contract.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 AM   #15
Señor Cedric
why live??

Señor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeñor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
They should have voided his contract.

So Dallas could pick him up for the minumum..............
Señor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: