Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #16
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation
Default Re: What can the cavs do to improve over the summer

How tradeable is Larry Hughes at this point? Would any teams out there have interest in him at his current price? The Cavs need to get rid of him first IMO. He does nothing for that team.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:41 PM   #17
Boh! Jackson
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boh! Jackson has an OK reputation so far

Get Ehlo, Daugherty, Price and Lenny Wilkins old afro back and yous in biznezz.
Boh! Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvThisGame
THEY NEED A SHOOTER. They want Micheal Redd he re-signs so they get Larry Hughes? I mean why would you sign someone who is a slasher when your dominant player is a slasher? I swear to god I wish I had some connections so I could try my hand at GM somewhere, some of the moves the guys in the NBA make are 200% retarded.
It obviously seems like a horrible move now, but you have to put yourself in Ferry's shoes a couple of years ago. The Cavs had just blown an opportunity to make the playoffs by losing to horrible teams down the stretch of the season. In the offseason, you try to get Ray Allen... he basically used the Cavs as a bargaining chip to get more cash out of Seattle... I don't ever think he was serious about leaving.

Then, they went after Redd. After a long wait, he decides to stay with the Bucks.

After that, they try to get Joe Johnson, but he decided to go to Atlanta where he could be 'the man' and get payed more money than the Cavs could offer him.

If Ferry would have done nothing, he would have been burned at the stake in Cleveland and the 'LeBron is going to leave' fear would have heightened exponentially. So, he signs a guy who was coming off of an All-Star caliber year and was definitely the best option left on the market.

Yes... Larry has been a huge disappointment and he is way overpaid... but I can understand the tough position that Ferry was in.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-01-2007 at 11:53 PM.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #19
TonyJones
Good High School Starter

TonyJones has decent reputationTonyJones has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
get mike bibby

Exactly. They need somebody who can run that ball up and down the court.

Bibby is a leader too.
TonyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #20
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
How tradeable is Larry Hughes at this point? Would any teams out there have interest in him at his current price? The Cavs need to get rid of him first IMO. He does nothing for that team.
Is there a team out there who would take on that contract for someone so injury prone and inconsistent? Maybe the Knicks... Get Isiah on the phone.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #21
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I think Larry Hughes is one of the least tradeable players in the entire NBA. Contract and injury history so bad, he's a guard version of Kenyon Martin. Not even because at least Kenyon plays well when he's healthy.

Ferry needs to go. It's a real shame Redd or Ray Allen didn't only care about money and take one less year on their deal to sigh with Cleveland and be Lebron's sidekick.

Big Z probably does have some trade value...he's terrible and I think he has diminished big time. But a team could use him and give something in return, but don't expect young assets and expiring deals.

Ferry spend like 20+ million and ended up spending it on Damon Jones, Donyell, a MAX deal to Z and Hughes!!! wow...that is Isiah type moves and the Cavs have no cap flexibility for a long time.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #22
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Is there a team out there who would take on that contract for someone so injury prone and inconsistent? Maybe the Knicks... Get Isiah on the phone.

Hughes might actually be a decent fit on the Magic...but they can probably do better in free agency. And they're probably wary of signing guys with injury problems after seven years of Grant Hill.

The Jazz could use a SG, and AK's been battling injury/slump problems this year. I kind of like that trade actually, AK for Hughes. Might work for both teams.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #23
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Cleveland trades: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Daniel Gibson
Cleveland receives: Mike Bibby

Boston trades: Theo Ratliff, 1st round pick (top ten protected)
Boston receives: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Sacramento trades: Mike Bibby
Sacramento receives: Theo Ratliff, Daniel Gibson, BOS 1st round pick (top ten protected)

Hows that? Just popped into my mind.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #24
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

damn, someone beat me to it: Hire Rick Adelman
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:49 AM   #25
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

get rid of PleezeBelieve as a fan, that would make them more likeable.

Last edited by DreamRockets : 03-02-2007 at 12:07 PM.
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
The Jazz could use a SG, and AK's been battling injury/slump problems this year. I kind of like that trade actually, AK for Hughes. Might work for both teams.

AK might committ suicide if he was traded for LH. That would make me seriously re-think my life. He is so bad, and they should have seen it coming cos plenty of other people did. Always injured and somehow fooled people into thinking jumping for steals=defense.

Who wants a shooting guard who can't shoot, is injury prone, can't play any man2man D, and has a KILLER contract? When does that thing expire, cos that's the year someone will trade for him.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #27
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation

Quote:
Looks like Lewis is going to optout so maybe they could get him cheap.

Can't see any reason why the Cavs need or want Rashard Lewis.

Quote:
The Jazz could use a SG, and AK's been battling injury/slump problems this year. I kind of like that trade actually, AK for Hughes. Might work for both teams

While I think Hughes would be great on the Jazz, there is no need for Utah to drastically change their roster. All they need is a better SG and they are legit contenders. Word is that they very nearly made a deal of Giricek/Brewer/filler for Maggs at the trade deadline, but couldn't polish off the finishing touches. They are expected either to finalize that deal over the summer or sign a shooter via free agency, given that they still have their full MLE. Maybe both could happen. One thing is for sure, though; the core of Williams/AK/Boozer/Okur is going anywhere barring a team offering the Jazz someone ridiculous for one of them.

In response to the original question of the thread, Cavs need a new coach, a new point guard, and some relief from a few of the deplorable contracts that are crippling them.
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:46 PM   #28
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

This may sound blasphemist to some people but I think the best thing the Cavs can do is "TRADE" LeBron James!!!!!!!

I say you trade him to the team that has the first overall pick in the Draft for Oden and expiring contracts, then in the off season of 08' they can go after some other high profile freeagents that can complement Oden.

Lets face it, LeBron is not going to sign with Cleveland after his contract is over, might as well get something for him right?

Last edited by NASH = BEST : 03-02-2007 at 12:52 PM.
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
This may sound blasphemist to some people but I think the best thing the Cavs can do is "TRADE" LeBron James!!!!!!!
"NO"!!!!!!!!
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #30
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Barring a major turnover in the roster. Cavs are pretty much screwed. All the rush to make Lebron happy and now your pretty much stuck in mediocrity and crappy contracts.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: