Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #31
CakeorDeath
Local High School Star

CakeorDeath has decent reputation
Default Re: What can the cavs do to improve over the summer

Quote:
I say you trade him to the team that has the first overall pick in the Draft and expiring, Draft Oden, and then in the off season of 08' they can go after some other high profile freeagents that can complement Oden.

And if Oden doesn't become an instant superstar and lead Cleveland to the NBA finals, the Cavs will fall into the toilet, the fans will want blood, and ESPN et al. will call the trade the worst move in the history of professional sports. That's a lot of pressure to put on Oden; as phenomenal as KG is, he's never been able to lead his team to any kind of playoff success, even with a team that had better complimentary pieces than anything the Cavs would be able to put around Oden by next season. I fully expect Oden to be a superstar, but I don't know if he'll ever be worth trading LeBron James for.

Quote:
Lets face it, LeBron is not going to sign with Cleveland after his contract is over, might as well get something for him right?

They are getting plenty for him now in national television revenue and by selling out every game. If it looks like he won't re-sign with the team in three years, trade him then. No need to do it now. In three years, you'll still be able to get any player in the league for LeBron (maybe not Dirk, if the Mavs win a ring or two).
CakeorDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Get rid of deadwieght ie Drew Gooden
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 PM   #33
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool

trade lebron + picks + cash for kevin durant.

Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #34
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Cavs ****ed themselves big time.

They have a bunch of trashy players and are paying them alot of cash... and because of that they will lose Lebron in 2 years.

They should hire Adelmann and downgrade their talent for cheaper, more athletic players.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #35
YaoMacBat11
Decent playground baller

YaoMacBat11 has an OK reputation so far

they could start by releasing David Wesley
YaoMacBat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #36
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
Cleveland trades: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Daniel Gibson
Cleveland receives: Mike Bibby

Boston trades: Theo Ratliff, 1st round pick (top ten protected)
Boston receives: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Sacramento trades: Mike Bibby
Sacramento receives: Theo Ratliff, Daniel Gibson, BOS 1st round pick (top ten protected)

Hows that? Just popped into my mind.

Not bad. But if I'm Boston I think I cut out the middle man and just trade Ratliff and the pick for Bibby. Mike's younger and has a shorter contract than Z.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #37
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

send vorejo to hakeem's big man camp.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #38
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Anything they do would have to involve a trade. We don't have money for free agents and this is supposedly a crappy year for free agency anyways (at least that's the reason given for why nobody wanted to trade for Grant Hill's expiring contract.)

The big thing is resigning Sasha after the season. That's a huge priority. Otherwise we're worse than we are now.

And if they can't sign Varejo back, then they need to address the fact that not only is our front line mediocre, but it also has no depth, unless you count Pollard as a viable option (I don't) or Mike Brown gives Dwayne Jones a shot to play.

I would really hate to part with Gibson in any trade. He's shown flashes of being a pretty good scorer.

I also wouldn't want to trade Shannon Brown until we get a chance to see exactly what we have there. He was rated really well coming out of the draft, but for some reason Mike Brown puts him in and expects him to be able to contribute in 3-5 minutes before being pulled out of the game again.

Of course trading Lebron is stupid. You'll never get equal value for him.

Anyone else is pretty much fair game, although I wouldn't part with Z, unless we got something really decent for him. I still maintain that Z is a very talented big man who is ill used more than anything else.

I would love to see us be able to swing Z for Tyson Chandler and someone, but I don't see Z fitting with the Hornets all that well either. It would be nice to get a big man that isn't afraid to dunk the ball though.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 03-02-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: