Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-29-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
bk15
I hit open layups

Default **** Colangelo

Y Didnt He Take Lamarcus Aldridge

And What Piss Me Off The Most Why Didnt He Take Denham Brown???

I Wonder Who There Taking At Number 56.....another Bum

THE NAME OF THE THREAD IS F*CK COLANGELO

Last edited by bk15 : 06-29-2006 at 12:17 AM.
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

What's with all these morons emerging at draft time??

Quote:

Because PJ TUCKER IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN DENHAM BROWN! Why can't you understand this fact??
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #3
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Because he is really immature.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:26 AM   #4
bk15
I hit open layups

shut up bout im immature pj tucker isnt what we are lookin for the only game we have is around the basketball..denham can score outside and inside

TUCKER
Scores the majority of his points close to the basket ... Lacks a 3 point shot and any real range on his shot ... His passing ability has shown some improvement but he lacks great vision to find teammates off the dribble ... Can be selfish at times looking only for shots for himself ... Lacks great skills for a guard and great size for a small forward ...

DENHAM

Quickness is good but not great, he isn't a superstar athlete, but is solid ... Ball handling ability still needs improvement ... Doesn't really stand out in any area, besides his offensive game ... A year older than the rest of his class ... Stats get limited somewhat playing at UConn with so many great players ... Has struggled sharing time with Rashad Anderson at UConn ... Average size and athleticism makes him an average defender, but he gives solid effort ...
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
Zalendar
Decent playground baller

Look over your posts today, if you think that's mature you need to seriously reconsider how you view things in life.

Quote:
the only game we have is around the basketball
I'm going to assume you meant basket and not basketball 'cause it doesn't make sense with basketball in there.

Uhm... The Raps were 4th in the league in 3 point attempts this year and I bet they were close to the bottom in points in the paint.

Yeah... I Can do this too. Quoting random crap from the internet! I don't feel like underlineing and bolding, but you should get the idea.

Tucker
Strong, physical and very athletic. Plays with tremendous energy and intensity. An above average leaper. Long wing span allows him to play taller than he really is. Excellent rebounder for his size. Tough, especially in the paint. Good handle allows him to take him man off the dribble. Draws a lot of fouls.

Denham
Doesn't really stand out in any one area besides scoring. He's a little bit better than an average athlete but isn't particularly quick. Doesn't have great size. Doesn't really rebound or make assists. Not a great 3-point shooter. Takes a lot of bad shots.

Last edited by Zalendar : 06-29-2006 at 01:49 AM.
Zalendar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:44 AM   #6
hehehaha
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk15
Y Didnt He Take Lamarcus Aldridge

I Wonder Who There Taking At Number 56.....another Bum

THE NAME OF THE THREAD IS F*CK COLANGELO

Aldridge would have been interested but his natural position is PF and there is no way bosh is going anywhere. I honestly believe the ceiling on bargnani is higher than alridge. Aldridge may have more an impact this year but don't forget that toronto is still in the rebuilding phase.

As for Denham Brown, just because he's canadian and got a lot of press doesn't mean he was the best available at the #35.
hehehaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:46 AM   #7
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Zalendar.. good eyes on the Strenghs/Weakness thing. I picked up on that as well haha.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:29 AM   #8
bk15
I hit open layups

what position will he play???

i bet you $50 that denham wil be a better player than tucker
Old 06-29-2006, 02:39 AM   #9
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

I have to admit I was disappointed with the picks. But the man knows what he is doing. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:59 AM   #10
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

I wasn't "wow'd" with the draft at all, but he's got some more things up his sleeves I'm sure, something will go down.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:04 AM   #11
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

yup for sure ..thats why im not sweating anything like all these people in the forum message to the people "Dont worry were not done even if u dont agree with his moves now u will probably look back and say u know wut BC was right ...our problem is were are use to failure with Grundwell and Babcock..Colangelo has the respect and the experience hes been there n done that ..we need to give him a chance and see the results on the court...judging him this soon is being unfair" in his short time hes been here hes done more than babcock did in his ****ty time here...so relax

Last edited by 23jordan23 : 06-29-2006 at 04:03 AM.
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:53 AM   #12
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Quote:
yup for sure ..thats why im not sweating anything like all these people in the forum message to the people "Dont worry were not done even if u dont agree with his moves now u will probably look back and say u know wut BC was right ...our problem is were are use to failure with Grundwell and Babcock..Colangelo has the respect and the experience hes been there a done that ..we need to give him a chance and see the results on the court...judging him this soon is being unfair" in his short time hes been here hes done more than babcock did in his ****ty time here...so relax

Exactly, i am a little disapointed yeah. But i'm not just acting like a complete retard and just mouthing off the best GM we have ever had. Like honestly some of you guys need to pull your head out of your ass and look at this in a normal way instead of an insane delunsional drama queen.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:46 AM   #13
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Bargnani is a better pick than Aldridge.

Tucker is a superior pick to Brown.

You just base his talent off him being Canadian, Tucker is a way better player and stfu about Colangelo sucking. He's a top 3 GM and he's doing an outstanding job with our team, so shut your little ungreatful, ignorant, face.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:13 AM   #14
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk15
shut up bout im immature pj tucker isnt what we are lookin for the only game we have is around the basketball..denham can score outside and inside

TUCKER
Scores the majority of his points close to the basket ... Lacks a 3 point shot and any real range on his shot ... His passing ability has shown some improvement but he lacks great vision to find teammates off the dribble ... Can be selfish at times looking only for shots for himself ... Lacks great skills for a guard and great size for a small forward ...

DENHAM

Quickness is good but not great, he isn't a superstar athlete, but is solid ... Ball handling ability still needs improvement ... Doesn't really stand out in any area, besides his offensive game ... A year older than the rest of his class ... Stats get limited somewhat playing at UConn with so many great players ... Has struggled sharing time with Rashad Anderson at UConn ... Average size and athleticism makes him an average defender, but he gives solid effort ...

that really doesn't make ur arguement stronger..i stil rather have Tucker

ne wayz..i was hoping BC could pull off a trade to get Marcus Williams or Rondo......and i hoped James White would drop to 35..
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #15
bonez26
Local High School Star

i
Quote:
i bet you $50 that denham wil be a better player than tucker

He isn't a better player now how would he better in the future. PJ is a better defender a much better rebounder stronger more atheletic and quicker, than Brown outright. He averaged as many rebounds at Texas as Aldridge being half his size. this pick was hands down the correct for the Raps
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: