Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 05-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #31
joni
I hit open layups

joni has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I dont like Marion

While some of you are busy bashing Shawn, there may be a bigger problem brewing than Marion's contract. Bits like this, and there have been several over the season, make me really nervous. From Coro's column this morning:

<<<D'Antoni acknowledged chemistry issues. The locker room had more cliques than friction. Twelve hours after saying the Suns needed to come together, Stoudemire was a no-show for Saturday's team meeting.
"Who knows?" D'Antoni said. "He's fine. He could be playing a pickup game somewhere. He's great. He likes to give his money (for a fine) to charity, so that's good."
D'Antoni did not want to delve into the chemistry issue but used last year's elimination tears as a sign.
"This year was like, 'Daggone,' but it wasn't the same heartfelt stuff that a team should produce," he said.>>>

And what it the one major difference between this year's team and last year's team? If you all want to worry about something, worry about this.
joni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #32
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
I have to admit that there are times where I get completely frustrated with Matrix, but I wouldn't trade him for anyone other than a KG. That would require quite a package, but I would do it. Other than that, I want him here for life.
we all love marion and would love to see him retire a sun, i completely agree with you tho rab, if management decided it was time for marion to go, the big ticket should be the only way to go, matrix and two picks and someone like james jones or marcus banks for KG and we'd be set. although it would be very sad to see the matrix go still
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #33
joni
I hit open layups

Just saw Amare on CH3 Sports Show with Cessmat. Nice interview and Amare did the other sports highlights, not a bad job. Cessmat asked about the team chemistry and Amare said the guys get along on the court and off the court as well -- he said "best chemistry of any team I've played on." Struck me as pretty funny since we drafted him.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #34
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

I am not really a big Phoenix Sun fan, but I do like Marion's style of basketball. He's pretty much a little bit of everything. Some people forget that Marion has been part of the Sun team since 1999. Without Marion, the Sun team wouldn't be that good.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #35
joni
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
Just saw Amare on CH3 Sports Show with Cessmat. Nice interview and Amare did the other sports highlights, not a bad job. Cessmat asked about the team chemistry and Amare said the guys get along on the court and off the court as well -- he said "best chemistry of any team I've played on." Struck me as pretty funny since we drafted him.

On second thought, even though they were all Suns teams, Amare may have been talking about personnel changes since last year. Maybe Banks, Marks and Piatkowski are just really fun guys. But apparently D'Antoni doesn't see the love.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #36
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Odom anyone?
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:21 AM   #37
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by joni
On second thought, even though they were all Suns teams, Amare may have been talking about personnel changes since last year. Maybe Banks, Marks and Piatkowski are just really fun guys. But apparently D'Antoni doesn't see the love.
plus high school
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:49 PM   #38
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

marion is way too overrated. i would rather have kirilenko if i were the suns.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #39
joshuajosh88
Can barely lace up my sneakers

joshuajosh88 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
marion is way too overrated. i would rather have kirilenko if i were the suns.

Overrated, what are you talking about. Marion is the most underrated player in the league. I mean this guy is a testimate to hard work, and determination. Shawn Marion is not the biggest player,but he rebounds like a seven footer. I realize he doesnt score a lot in the playoffs, but that is only because we dont ask him to score a lot. What he brings to the table in rebounding, steals, effort, and especially defense is so valuable to our team. What other guy do you know in the league that can guard Tim duncan, and Tony
Parker in the same game.
joshuajosh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #40
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajosh88
Overrated, what are you talking about. Marion is the most underrated player in the league. I mean this guy is a testimate to hard work, and determination. Shawn Marion is not the biggest player,but he rebounds like a seven footer. I realize he doesnt score a lot in the playoffs, but that is only because we dont ask him to score a lot. What he brings to the table in rebounding, steals, effort, and especially defense is so valuable to our team. What other guy do you know in the league that can guard Tim duncan, and Tony
Parker in the same game.

Earl boykins can guard Tim Duncan too... doesn't mean that he does it well
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #41
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajosh88
Parker in the same game.
No, he used to be one of the more underrated players in the game, but is no longer. He's actually become overrated if anything. Is he a good player? Of course, but his weaknesses can sometimes outweigh his strengths, and that's why Suns fans can get frustrated with him at times.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 10:47 AM   #42
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
No, he used to be one of the more underrated players in the game, but is no longer. He's actually become overrated if anything. Is he a good player? Of course, but his weaknesses can sometimes outweigh his strengths, and that's why Suns fans can get frustrated with him at times.

yup... and i feel Marion can perform very well as the main option... just look at Game 5 against the Spurs... Amare is over-shining (i've said this over and over again) Marion... he no longer fits into the Suns system i feel... i would rather get someone else who plays a different style compared to Amare...
Old 06-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #43
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I love Shawn Marion. Great all around player.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #44
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I love Shawn Marion. Great all around player.

you a Wolves guy??? if so we'll deal him for KG right now!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #45
Nashformvp
High School Varsity 6th Man

Nashformvp has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
you a Wolves guy??? if so we'll deal him for KG right now!

agred...
Nashformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: