Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Three-way trade I just thought of:

Cleveland trades: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Daniel Gibson
Cleveland receives: Mike Bibby

Boston trades: Theo Ratliff, 1st round pick (top ten protected)
Boston receives: Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Sacramento trades: Mike Bibby
Sacramento receives: Theo Ratliff, Daniel Gibson, BOS 1st round pick (top ten protected)

Hows that? Just popped into my mind.

Cleveland moves Ilgauskas, who doesn't really fit with them. They get Bibby, who they want badly.

Boston gets Ilgauskas, who helps them to win now since they're not moving Pierce. Ilgauskas, Pierce and Szczerbiak is a nice core to make some noise next year.

Sacramento gets compensation for Bibby in the form of an expiring contract, a young point guard and a first round pick.

The question this trade invariably raises is that of Cleveland's center situation. I'm thinking that, if they can find a decent backup for the MLE, then this trade is a good idea.

Your thoughts?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:06 PM   #2
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Three-way trade I just thought of:

Centers the Cavs could sign this summer to replace Ilgauskas or to back up Varejao:

Primoz Brezec (player option)
PJ Brown
Chris Webber (highly unlikely, also, he'd be a starter)
Jake Tsakalidis
Chris Mihm
Brian Skinner (team option)
Mikki Moore
Marc Jackson
Darko Milicic (likely too expensive)
Kurt Thomas (player option he likely won't exercise)
Jamaal Magloire
Melvin Ely
Fabricio Oberto (player option)
Old 03-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
det2orl
Good High School Starter

det2orl has an OK reputation so far

Why the hell would Boston give up a #1 for Z? He's done and Cleveland is stuck with that bad contract.
det2orl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
eboloid
Flash Gordo

eboloid has an OK reputation so far

Ilgauskas has been pretty sucky, why would the Celtics want to be stuck with his contract? That's not happening unless Boston fires Ainge and hires McHale in his stead.
eboloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I wouldn't want to see the Cs do that, because Ilgauskas is 31 with three years left after this season. I have a feeling that some annoying team like the Hawks is going to come along and offer Al Jefferson a ton of cash, so the team needs to have the funds available when the time comes. If he just raises his scoring average by 3 points he'll be able to get the max from someone on the market, judging by how guys like Chandler, Curry, and Dalembert have gotten paid.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont see Boston giving up a #1, especially where they would be in the lottery... no way!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Do the salaries work?

Quote:
I have a feeling that some annoying team like the Hawks is going to come along and offer Al Jefferson a ton of cash

Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I dont see Boston giving up a #1, especially where they would be in the lottery... no way!

The idea has the pick top ten protected, but still, I wouldn't do it.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The idea has the pick top ten protected, but still, I wouldn't do it.

thanks man, i missed that...

considering the state of the celtics, a non-top 10 pic is unlikely for a while... heh

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

What are Celtics' fans thoughts on trading Pierce?

If you don't want a player like Ilgauskas (among the most "gettable" for immediate help), what kind of immediate help trades would you take?

Do you really want to sit around and make Pierce wait for it all to come together? I'm not convinced it can happen.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #11
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Sac gets absolutely nothing anyway. PRetty much Gibson and Ratliff cuz Boston is most likely top 10. THought Celtics wanted to run anyway
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:20 PM   #12
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Sac gets absolutely nothing anyway. PRetty much Gibson and Ratliff cuz Boston is most likely top 10. THought Celtics wanted to run anyway
The Celtics DO want to run.

However, Danny Ainge can't decide whether he wants to rebuild or win now. This is a trade idea to nudge them in the "win now" direction.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #13
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
What are Celtics' fans thoughts on trading Pierce?

If you don't want a player like Ilgauskas (among the most "gettable" for immediate help), what kind of immediate help trades would you take?

Do you really want to sit around and make Pierce wait for it all to come together? I'm not convinced it can happen.
No one's making Pierce wait, he chose to resign and he is saying that he likes playing with Jefferson.

Anyhow, I'll outline the three different scenarios under which a Pierce trade wouldn't be bad:

1. Celtics get back a top 3 pick and whoever is brought along to make the money match doesn't have a bad contract.

2. True cap flexibility, making the trading partner accept Szczerbiak and possibly also Scalibrine with all returned contracts expiring within two seasons.

3. A young star.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: