Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-26-2014, 10:59 AM   #256
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2014 Australian Open of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Rafa has been playing around 10 years on tour. With the type of grinding game he plays, injuries and body deterioration will likely happen. He is 27 now, I suspect that the knee and back injuries will start to pop up more frequently as he ages, which you are starting to see now. He has NEVER been affected this badly by a back injury before. I can almost say for certain it is to do with tennis mileage.

He has probably another 2 years max before he severely declines. He's a lock for Roland Garros though, this year and probably next. Tennis players peak earlier than basketball players and end their careers earlier on average, so mileage in tennis players is definately a big factor towards injury.

This. It worries me. I was pretty secure about the next 2 majors, making it 15. Now? Not so much. Might actually not surpass Federer. Especially as Djokovic, Murray AND Wawrinka will be great for probably the next 4-5 years..
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:15 AM   #257
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

I dont see Murray ever reaching the level of Djoko and Nadal. He seems talented enough but not strong enough mentally. Very fun player to watch though
Mr Clutch Melo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:24 AM   #258
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Missed the match...

This crazed Eminem fan did it... WOW! Congrats to him and very happy for his team, coaches, his family, and especially his nephew Matthew.

Guy got away with murdering his GF and is now winning tennis grand slams. Unbelievable.

Nadal.... get better, you spanish homo.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #259
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Good match by Stan. Although Nadal was injured, Stan fairly took the first set and broke Nadal in the second before we saw injuries play any part in the match.

Nadal proved he's still a force even when injured, but seemed a bit off even before he was hurting. Meanwhile Stan played an awesome open. Beat Djokavic and Nadal in one go. Also kind of proved that a one handed backhand can generate tons of power against a guy like Nadal. Only sad thing is that Wawrinka is already 28
InfiniteBaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #260
dude77
NBA lottery pick

dude77 has not been impressing people

bit of overreactions I'm seeing .. he'll be fine with some time off and good conditioning .. sucks he couldn't get this one .. he should have the french and then who knows from there .. nadal is the last guy to start dwelling on anything .. he'll be back strong .. again
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #261
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just finished watching the match on DVR. VERY happy for Stan

It's unfortunate that Rafa wasn't 100% but it has to be noted that Stan was thoroughly outplaying him in the first set and got the break in the second when he Rafa was fine. Stan looked like his nerves were going to get the best of him in the fourth but thankfully he was able to get it together because he'll most likely never have a chance to win a slam again.

It's great to see a surprise slam winner, just like the good 'ol days.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:36 PM   #262
ArbitraryWater
The mother****ing Don

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Just finished watching the match on DVR. VERY happy for Stan

It's unfortunate that Rafa wasn't 100% but it has to be noted that Stan was thoroughly outplaying him in the first set and got the break in the second when he Rafa was fine. Stan looked like his nerves were going to get the best of him in the fourth but thankfully he was able to get it together because he'll most likely never have a chance to win a slam again.

It's great to see a surprise slam winner, just like the good 'ol days.

Im pretty sure had Rafa stayed healthy he wins in 4 or 5.

There's no way he wouldnt up his level or stan could have sustained his...

all speculations though, stans got it, and thats it.
ArbitraryWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:22 PM   #263
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

very sad to see a final like that where the other player came up lame for the 2nd half of the match. a huge let down. but it cannot be stated enough how much Stan was on fire with his groundstrokes in the first half. He deserved to win.

Hes the only one who can say right now that he beat Rafa AND Novak in his grand slam victory.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:36 PM   #264
KyleKong
Big Sexy

KyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKyleKong is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I tried to stay up and watch the final, I made it to the end of the third set before I passed out.

Sucks Nadal was injured, but what is amazing is he kept playing and one a set. Nadal one of the GOATs, he'll be back at the #1 spot shortly.
KyleKong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #265
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

When has Nadal ever lost and wasn't 100%?

This guy is a clown.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #266
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
Im pretty sure had Rafa stayed healthy he wins in 4 or 5.

There's no way he wouldnt up his level or stan could have sustained his...

all speculations though, stans got it, and thats it.

Stan did beat Djoker though, and I don't remember any injuries being reported, although I didn't watch the match so not sure exactly how it went down.
InfiniteBaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:14 PM   #267
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

I'm really hoping Fed grabs Wimbledon or the US Open this year. He could have had 20+ if not for missing break chances or just mental barriers.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #268
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Stan did beat Djoker though, and I don't remember any injuries being reported, although I didn't watch the match so not sure exactly how it went down.
Not taking anything away from Stan, because he deserved it 100%...but Nadal had won 26 sets to Stan's 0 before in their previous 12 matches. While it's true Stan could have maintained that fire, I think Rafa would have fought back to win the 2nd set (tiebreaker) and from there on it would be have been a great match. He looked pretty bad against Baby Fed early too. Rafa is a master of willing himself to wins. Hell, he withstood Djokovic while he was on fire at the US Open.

Granted, by me saying all that I am taking away from Stan's win

I apologize, I repeat great match by Stan. Deserved this slam

But I am 100% sure Nadal will be back. Vamos
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #269
mr.big35
Banned

mr.big35 has decent reputation

Nadal will back in French Open
mr.big35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:42 AM   #270
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hate to see any match decided by injuries, but I'm glad Wawrinka won.

I still stand by my earlier point that injury timeouts needs to be looked at. I remember last season I think it was Azarenka was in the middle of choking away a match to Stephens (I think), and she decided to take a 10 minute "injury" timeout. When play resumed it was a completely different match, which Azarenka went on to win.

Imagine something similar being allowed in other sports. Getting your ass kicked in Boxing/MMA... oh wait 10 minute break please. NFL team is driving down the field for the winning TD... oh wait 10 minute break please.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: