Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 03-02-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Celtics Record 2007-2008 Season

No matter who they get, we know it will probably be a top six pick... with that asset alone, and assuming the Celtics stay healthy, what do you predict the Celtics to do next season?

Predictions
1.Fire Doc Rivers
2.Trade pick and Wally for Ricky Davis and KG :) (Hopefully Wolves draft Oden!)
3.Celtics hire Adelman to teach them how to actually run (they already have the assets to do so).

4.Celtics average 108 ppg give up 101ppg and go for a nice 61-21 record.

Optimistic? Yep. Possible? Why not? with a draft class with Greg Oden and Durant, I'm sure teams would be dying to get the Celtics lottery pick near the end of the season (possibly before the lottery occurs), and KG + Pierce + AJ + Davis + Green + Rondo could alone, be good enough to get 60 wins with the right coach.

Speaking of coach, I said Adelman is a likely candidate, as Doc Rivers really shouldn't have a job by the end of the season... and back when Danny took this job in 04, said he specifically wanted to emulate the Sacramento kings of 2002-2004 and be a hard running team. Clearly, Doc River's fails miserably at teaching a team a basic fast break. Rick Adelman, was the only real running team after Don Nelson's Mavs in the early 2000s. If Danny ends up pursuing, why would he turn down a job from the greatest franchise of all time? I doubt he would.

The trade I suggested is reasonable, Oden right now has a lot more value than KG, believe it or not. Wally, an injury prone shooter with a horrid long contract could easily be packaged with a pick to get Ricky(CLUTCH never injured player with an expiring contract next season) and KG, who is... KG!

Just picture this depth chart-

PG: Rajon Rondo (Knows really how to run a fast break, provides lock-down D' and awesome at help steals)
SG: Ricky Davis (Clutchhh player, instantly the best third option in the league, can lock down defenders when he tries)
SF: Paul Pierce (Self defined)
PF: Kevin Garnett (Self defined)
C: Al Jefferson (Gets better daily, has great post moves, will be, easily, the best fourth option in the league)

6th man- Gerald Green (Can Shoot the lights out, improves daily, will be a great spark off the bench
Second 6th man- Delonte West (Also a great shooter, can play either 1 or 2)
Also still have:
7th man: Ryan Gomes
Kendrick Perkins
Leon Powe
...(Gap)
Allan Ray
...(Bigger Gap)
Telfair
Scalabrine

K?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Celtics Record 2007-2008 Season

that would be nice but i doubt it would happen. Wally is just... wow. thats why they traded him to celtics and the only reason the celtics bit was because Ricky was having problems fitting in. If the wolves decide to give up KG i doubt it would be for a draft pick itself. They wouldnt give up thier 2 best players for A draft pick and a high paid stiff who can shoot. It's not gonna happen. How ever, if the celtics include Telfair, Thier draft pick and Green, then you guys could probably get Garnett, but if you wanted ricky davis they would make you take Jaric and/or eddie Griffin. and the caps wouldnt match so you guys would have to add sum payroll and that would mean adding Wally and others which then minnesota wouldnt want. If you guys wanted KG then your best bet would be to Send the pick and Telfair and A guy who would balance the salary.(NOT wally) But Ratliff they would want.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

by the way
Scalabrine
GET RID OF THAT GUY
HOTT GARBAGE

Also Telfair is your best PG, Play him and trust in him. Doc has done a horrible job. He should Let Bassy play.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #4
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

We're not getting rid of Ainge?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:07 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
We're not getting rid of Ainge?
Ainge has full control right now, only way to get rid of him would be for him to step down.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The owners can always fire ainge, but I don't think they will. In the event Doc is canned, see if 10 mil a year can lure Adelman out of retirement.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
The owners can always fire ainge, but I don't think they will. In the event Doc is canned, see if 10 mil a year can lure Adelman out of retirement.
I seem to remember them stating Ainge has full control of the team to make something happen by 2010...
Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #8
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Anyone else dare to make a prediction?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I seem to remember them stating Ainge has full control of the team to make something happen by 2010...
That doesn't mean they can't can him. They would look disingenuous if they fired him, but they didn't truly revoke their own authority.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Anyone else dare to make a prediction?

Any prediction that I make would be useless unless Ainge is out, and I don't see that happening. I don't know about anyone else.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

the only way the wolves would make a deal like that is if it was definitely the #1 overall pick. also to make the salaries match you'd have to throw in ratliff and maybe something else. might be better for this young, young team to trade pierce and something for gay and the grizz pick. that gives the grizz, who are overall a pretty mature team, a shot to make some noise right now with pierce, miller, and gasol, and we could have one of the great lineups of the future. but i'd only do it after the lottery when i was sure the grizz had a high enough pick (top two). and i'd think hard about it still because pierce is my boy and the grizz situation isn't a sure fire winner for him.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
PaulWall13homie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PaulWall13homie has an OK reputation so far

Celtics Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PaulWall13homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 PM   #13
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWall13homie
Celtics Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RMWG, can you delete spam?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:52 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I might care what this guy thinks if he wasn't a fan of stupid music. But probably not.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
RMWG, can you delete spam?
Yes...but, it's not exactly a personal attack, and it's a kind of extremely low-level piece of bball discussion. I thought about getting rid of it, but am mindful of the "slippery slope." It'd be a bad thing if I just deleted everything I thought was stupid...well, might not be so bad, but that's not what Jeff wants me to be doing. If he makes a lot of posts like that, I may do something about it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: