Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #31
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Bucks drafted David Noel at #39, who sounds like Desmond Mason light. A freak athlete who is average at all skills. What grade do I give that? I had hoped that James White or Steve Novak would slip to us, but neither did. We got a guy who fills a need (assuming he's good enough to make the roster) but he was also a guy that many mocks didn't think would get drafted at all.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:03 AM   #32
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Wolves C-

Good pick, but what the hell was the point of the trade?

Celtics B+

Scammed the hell out of the Suns, but they could have had Williams with #21, why Rondo?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:25 AM   #33
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

KGtoGay2k6 has no real reputation yet.

wolves- D

most pathetic 2nd round ive ever seen.

cant wait to see how foye fairs out tho
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #34
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

Foye-A
Craig Smith-D
Bobby Jones-B
(I'm not going to try to spell this guys name but it doesnt matter because he wont set foot on American soil)-D

Overall-B-
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:59 AM   #35
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Sixers
C+
Not happy with the picking of Carney. Wouldve preferred Brewer at 13.
2nd rd pick, Bobby Jones could become a solid pickup for Philly.

Rockets
C-
Gay falling on their lap was a steal. Theyd regret trading him down the road but Battier is a great addition to the team. He's an active defender, can contribute on offense when needed and allows TMac to slide back to SG. West makes a great deal to get Gay.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 AM   #36
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

Da Bulls: A

Swaped #2 pick for Blazers' #4 pick to get:
Rights to No. 4 pick Tyrus Thomas
contract of F Viktor Khryapa
and cash

Swaped #16 pick for 76er's #13 pick to get:
Rights to No. 13 pick Thabo Sefolosha

Bulls just got more athletic. Should be fun to watch.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:09 AM   #37
Unregistered

Timberwolves get an F
They had Rudy Gay available and Roy. But missed both! Foye better be the second coming of Dwayne Wade like some are claiming - but i doubt it. McHale would probably trade Dwayne Wade too.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
C-

Draft Roy (the guy I wanted), then trade him for Foye (the guy we could realistically get that I really didn't want).

Waste both second rounders - one on a guy who'll probably never play more than ten minutes in a game for us, another on a slightly taller Trenton Hassell who's two years away from being anywhere near as good - while Daniel Gibson was still on the board.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #38
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

JAZZ - They get an A for addressing athletism that was much needed.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #39
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

L.A. Lakers- B-

Round 1:
(26)Jordan Farmar, PG, UCLA
Round 2:
(?) Cheik Samb, F, somewhere I think

traded Samb to Detroit for Maurice Evans I believe. Solid backup PG who will make an immediate impact in the triangle offense off the bench. Farmar is a good PG for the future, and we will give him time to bulk up. He was supposed to be the best PG in next years draft, ahead of Gabe Pruitt and Ronald Steele I think. He is another pick like Andrew Bynum, Cook, Walton, etc. that we will have to wait on a while before we get any contribution. I do wish we could have maybe taken Maurice Ager and try him at PG, but Farmar seems like a solid player. One of these years we will need to take the BPA, though. Farmar could be that in a few years. I give us a B- b/c i would have liked us to take a rebounder like Paul Millsap in the second round, but Evans will be a fine player for us and could eventually start.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:52 AM   #40
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far

Rockets: A

People will be surprised. But when you are considering how to grade your team, you have to consider your options. The rockets tried hard to trade up to get Brandon Roy, but were unable to do so. The did not need another player that players the same way T-Mac does. So they traded away their pick for Shane Battier, who was actually a need. They also got a PF that can shoot 3s in Novak in the 2nd round. Oh yea...and by the way...the Mavs were STRONGLY considering taking Novak in the first round. They really wanted him and were praying he would fall low enough in the second round for them to get him. He could be the next Keith Van Horn..which would work out well in the Rockets system.

Having Shane Battier will allow the Rockets to do several things:

1) Have Shane play as a solid SF in games when T-Mac can't play because of his back problems.
2) Have Shane play as a 3 point shooting PF so that teams are unable to double Yao and T-mac
3) Have Shane defend the opposing teams best player one on one. This should relieve some stress off of T-macs back.
4) Let the Rockets play small ball with teams like Phoenix and Dallas and actually have a chance at beating them...they could use a line up like:
C: Shane or Novak
PF:T-Mac or Shane
SF:Snyder or T-mac
SG:Head or Sura
PG:Alston or Lucas

The rockets did the right thing. The only positions they did NOT need were C and SF. So they traded away their SF draft pick and got a solid veteran that is versatile, can defend, and always hustles. They also do not have time to teach Rudy Gay how to play. With T-Macs back causing him to age faster, we need to make a push for a championship NOW. So when I consider all of this...I have to give them an A. They did the best possible thing with what they had.

Last edited by myzt52 : 07-18-2006 at 01:57 AM.
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 12:44 AM   #41
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Bobcats- Adam Morrison/Ryan Hollins. They picked up what they needed which was a scorer and Morrison will lead the team in scoring next year. Hollins has some potential at 7' and will be a solid backup center.

A
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:21 AM   #42
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Los Angeles Clippers- A-

Paul Davis addressed a need but I think PJ Tucker would've been better. Especially now that we have Aaron Williams. Davis was thought to have been a possible 1st rounder though so you can't argue to hard. Guillermo Diaz at 52 was the steal of the draft after Marcus Williams. Some thought he could go to the Suns or the Kings in the 1st round. I can see his as the second coming of Gilbert Arenas. A short but athletic point guard who can score on anyone but often tires to do to much.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #43
Rocketeer
I airball my layups

Rocketeer has an OK reputation so far

Rockets A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 12:42 AM   #44
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Kings-- INC. Douby has the markings of a diamond in the rough.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:03 PM   #45
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
L.A. Lakers- B-

Round 1:
(26)Jordan Farmar, PG, UCLA
Round 2:
(?) Cheik Samb, F, somewhere I think

traded Samb to Detroit for Maurice Evans I believe. Solid backup PG who will make an immediate impact in the triangle offense off the bench. Farmar is a good PG for the future, and we will give him time to bulk up. He was supposed to be the best PG in next years draft, ahead of Gabe Pruitt and Ronald Steele I think. He is another pick like Andrew Bynum, Cook, Walton, etc. that we will have to wait on a while before we get any contribution. I do wish we could have maybe taken Maurice Ager and try him at PG, but Farmar seems like a solid player. One of these years we will need to take the BPA, though. Farmar could be that in a few years. I give us a B- b/c i would have liked us to take a rebounder like Paul Millsap in the second round, but Evans will be a fine player for us and could eventually start.

I'm with You Men. I Think J.Farmar is a Good Player But he Needs to be Developed. He Know the Triangle That is a Good Star for Him and For Us. I Hope he Can Win the Regular Point Guard Posicion.

I think the Lakers could do some movements and to acquire to Marcus William in the Draft. But Always Disapointme.

I Think Lakers Win " B- "

- The BobCats A+

- Toronto C - Why C Well Barganin Not is Dirk N. I Thing he is More Darko. Toronto need a Solid Player from de Bigining But is His Choise.

- New Jersey A++++ - Marcus William is the Best Point in the Draft.

ELebrond
elebrond@yahoo.com
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: