Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #16
dr.hee
National High School Star

Default Re: The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
You don't know a lick of Kant, and the movie is based on Planck's ideas of the Quantum world. I'm challenging your mind and asking you to do your homework. This will be the most intellectual discussion you will ever have if you take it seriously.

Since you're apparently an expert on Kant, why don't you explain to a dumbass like me how he's related to a 1999 hollywood blockbuster called "Matrix"?

The same for quantum mechanics...why would someone even need any of that to interpret this movie? I'm just an uneducated fool...so I'd appreciate an explanation how it's relevant at all...
dr.hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #17
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.hee
Since you're apparently an expert on Kant, why don't you explain to a dumbass like me how he's related to a 1999 hollywood blockbuster called "Matrix"?

The same for quantum mechanics...why would someone even need any of that to interpret this movie? I'm just an uneducated fool...so I'd appreciate an explanation how it's relevant at all...

I'm going to make it as simple as possible. I'm going to pretend I'm talking to a 10 year old.

1. Kant believe we have "instruments" that allow us to view this world. It is the 5 senses. It is the mind that constructs this reality. The core of our reality is made up of light, energy, vibrations, etc. The mind takes the light to create vision, vibration to create sound, etc. It is our mind that creates reality and not the other way around.

2. Planck (a much smarter scientist than Einstein) ran a few experiments that pretty much prove waves (electrical charges) don't actually become matter unless if someone looks at it. He concluded that matter does not exist and our observation of the world is what creates it, hence the creation of Quantum Physics (greatest science of all time).
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #18
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
my god, bro... you need to read more books.

(like, a lot a lot more books)

What books are you talking about that is greater than Kant's Critique of Pure reason?

I really would like a response to this.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #19
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Dawg it took science 3,000 years to catch up to the bible and realize that the universe started with a big bang, scientists ain't shit, just like Kant who is Spinoza's bitch.

There's a reason Kant is known as Kant-Stand-Ya to the educated scholar.

Trust me. You aint educated.

Kant > Spinoza

It's cute you actually can reference him, but I doubt you even read him. Kant is a genius pure and simple; the fact Quantum Theorists have to reread what he wrote 200 years ago proves beyond a shadow of doubt he knows what the f*ck he's talking about.

Like I said, Kant's ideas are so far ahead of it's time it'll take another 100 years before you peons can accept it as truth.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:18 AM   #20
JebronLames
Worries? No.

Lebron reminds me of neo because he is the one. Especially toward the end when it looked like he died. That was like lebron in game 5 of the 2012 ECF. Then game 6 was like neo jumping into the agent and killing him.
JebronLames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #21
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JebronLames
Lebron reminds me of neo because he is the one. Especially toward the end when it looked like he died. That was like lebron in game 5 of the 2012 ECF. Then game 6 was like neo jumping into the agent and killing him.

Lebron is the neo of basketball: he's creating his reality; what these trolls don't realize is if reality is a perception, you have the power to change it through your imagination.

There is this motivational docu called the secret. The reason why it does not work for many people is because they still believe in some caveman Science that tells them their perception is real and they can't do a lick about it.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:26 AM   #22
Budadiiii
Eat/Sleep/ConquerISH

Quote:
Lebron is the neo of basketball: he's creating his reality; what these trolls don't realize is if reality is a perception, you have the power to change it through your imagination.

There is this motivational docu called the secret. The reason why it does not work for many people is because they still believe in some caveman Science that tells them their perception is real and they can't do a lick about it.
My avatar is relevant to this absurd post.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:29 AM   #23
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
My avatar is relevant to this absurd post.

The greats are creating their reality in basketball: Jordan said the game is 99% mental and 1% physical. What he meant by this is he's creating his game based on his imagination. That's how reality works: it's a series of ideas. The idea there is a reality apart from this is elementary and absurd at best.

Newtonian physics is dead. Fact.
It is sad 99% of ISH posters are still brainwashed by this ancient line of perception.

Last edited by IamRAMBO24 : 01-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #24
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Studied the Matrix when I did Philosophy In high school. Good times. And a good movie.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:32 AM   #25
Budadiiii
Eat/Sleep/ConquerISH

Quote:
The greats are creating their reality in basketball: Jordan said the game is 99% mental and 1% physical. What he meant by this is he's creating his game based on his imagination. That's how reality works: it's a series of ideas. The idea there is a reality apart from this is elementary and absurd at best.
Yeah, being black, 6'6, with a 48' vertical had 1% to do with it.

99% imagination.

I'm imagining that you're a f*ggot. Must be true.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
IamRAMBO24
College star

Quote:
Yeah, being black, 6'6, with a 48' vertical had 1% to do with it.

99% imagination.

I'm imagining that you're a f*ggot. Must be true.

STFU.

You don't understand Kant. Come back at me when you've done your homework. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #27
gigantes
‪ ‪

Quote:
What books are you talking about that is greater than Kant's Critique of Pure reason?

I really would like a response to this.
ah, no... i was responding to your hyperbole upon the matrix.

that is, i think i can speak for a certain audience in saying that when we first saw the matrix, we collectively rolled our eyes a bit. just about every little bit (and much more) had been covered by SF-authors the previous three decades or so.

kant and kant-scholerism is all very well and good, but IMO you've got to develop the inner kant (and others) should you decide to go anywhere. he can inspire you, he can vaguely point the way, but the godawful work still comes down to you doing the hard work of examining your own mind and making adjustments over time.

call it the inner universe forming a proactive collective with the outer universe.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:43 AM   #28
Angel Face
;)

Angel Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:45 AM   #29
Budadiiii
Eat/Sleep/ConquerISH

Quote:
STFU.

You don't understand Kant. Come back at me when you've done your homework. Thanks.
Are you implying that LeBron and Jordan are able to shape their life with calculated decisions or actually practicing the law of attraction better than everyone else?

Seriously, what the hell are you trying to say? Bringing up genetic freaks up nature and the law of attraction and discrediting Newton and all of his observations is ****ing wacky.

Then again, you don't actually believe this shit and you're just trolling per usual.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:49 AM   #30
moe94
call up Bridget

Quote:
genetic freaks up nature.
lol

freaks OF nature
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: