Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #121
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: The Matrix is the greatest movie ever made.

OP makes some valid points. I don't doubt that people would pawn their kids off to machines if it meant free time for them (that's different from the Matrix but we already do it somewhat with technology now and I only see it getting more extreme). I could easily see a world where an elite group of people run the world with advanced machines. I could easily see a lot of crazy things happening because Like Einstein, I am not sure whether our technolgy/humanity is meshing cleanly and I also know there are angry people out there that wouldn't mind destroying everyone. Quantum mechanics shows us that we all live in a virtual nothing so definitely any perception of reality should be challenged. I am pretty sure consciousness cannot be stopped though at this point no matter what happens. Quantum mechanics disproves black holes and that is in line with my own personal theory of light being an unstoppable force... Light spawned consciousness and we are too advanced at this point to be destroyed. There is just too much information.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:24 AM   #122
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
I don't think it's a crazy claim. If someone posts their top ten move list and The Matrix is at the top I wouldn't balk at that. It's a great movie and we all use different criteria.
i agree... it's a "great" movie if one is poorly acquainted with sci-fi and metaphysics, doesn't find keanu laughable, and hasn't watched many movies.

but it did come up with bullet time, mofo.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:29 AM   #123
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i agree... it's a "great" movie if one is poorly acquainted with sci-fi and metaphysics, doesn't find keanu laughable, and hasn't watched many movies.

but it did come up with bullet time, mofo.

What are you even saying right now? That the first Matrix isn't a legitimately great film? I'm not with you there, homey.

Keanu's acting or lack thereof works well for this character.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:36 AM   #124
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
Keanu's acting or lack thereof works well for this character.
inoright?

but calling the matrix "great" is like going to a cotton candy factory and getting excited about the sugar content.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:37 AM   #125
moe94
beef?got the right mac

moe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermoe94 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
inoright?

but calling the matrix "great" is like going to a cotton candy factory and getting excited about the sugar content.

List 10 better sci-fi films from the 90s.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:51 AM   #126
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't see how anyone can say The Matrix isn't great. I really don't. Is it the best movie ever? Depends on who you ask, obviously.

But if someone asks me that and I say something like 12 Angry Men and they say The Matrix...no argument from me.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:29 AM   #127
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
List 10 better sci-fi films from the 90s.
i wasn't aware that such was the debate.

regardless, was there even ONE good sci-fi film made during the 90's? solaris...?

in any case, i'd watch any old wong kar-wei, hitchcock, coen bros, woody allen, noir or spaghetti western in favor of watching cotton candy like the matrix. that's just me, though.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #128
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
regardless, was there even ONE good sci-fi film made during the 90's?

Terminator 2 was pretty great!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:38 AM   #129
moe94
beef?got the right mac

Quote:
i wasn't aware that such was the debate.

regardless, was there even ONE good sci-fi film made during the 90's? solaris...?

in any case, i'd watch any old wong kar-wei, hitchcock, coen bros, woody allen, noir or spaghetti western in favor of watching cotton candy like the matrix. that's just me, though.

How can you say this? You don't like science fiction, do you?

I don't enjoy your implication that those names you listed are inherently above Matrix or any great sci-fi from that decade.

They're entry level, too.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:52 AM   #130
gigantes
A piece of fluff

i love sci-fi. my favorite author all-time is philip k. dick. but hollywood... not a big fan, so initiate your law suits.

i'm afraid that i don't post here for your enjoyment, moses.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:54 AM   #131
moe94
beef?got the right mac

What's your opinion of Children of Men? What you say next might decide both of our fates.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:57 AM   #132
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
What's your opinion of Children of Men? What you say next might decide both of our fates.
wow, that looks neat. thank you!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 AM   #133
moe94
beef?got the right mac

Quote:
wow, that looks neat. thank you!

???

Was this sarcasm?

I was expecting your thoughts.

Maybe you just never heard of it. I guess that's a possibility. haha

Last edited by moe94 : 01-20-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:05 AM   #134
gigantes
A piece of fluff

huh...??

i don't know that film, sorry. i read the WP entry and it sounded neat.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:07 AM   #135
moe94
beef?got the right mac

I'm used to everything being sarcastic and I figured you'd know this film if you're a fan of scifi. My mistake.

Absolutely watch this film. It's a must.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: