Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-29-2006, 03:30 AM   #31
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
you are stupid. lol williams is so good right? oh did he go to 22? did indiana pass the bumb up, that means anthony johnson > williams from larry birds point of view, williams is over rated, kid is out of shape, mardy collins is a steal and you havent even sean balkman play, HATERS KEEP HATING!!

Yeah actually ive seen Balkman play plenty, like the whole NIT and like 5 games before that. I saw a extremely undersized post player who will amount to nothing more than a hustle-bench player in the NBA. And Williams slipped because of character issues, you and me both know that, it had nothing to do with his skills as a basketball player
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:35 AM   #32
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

williams is over rated, EXTREMELY OVER RATED
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:36 AM   #33
Unregistered

Default Daved Odom on Balkman

"I will be the first to say he will go to New York and win their hearts. It's a great place to go with the way he plays and the way he looks and he will win their hearts. I don't doubt that. They will love
him."

I guess you haters are proving Dave Odom wrong. Give the guy a chance.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:36 AM   #34
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
williams is over rated, EXTREMELY OVER RATED

That was such a worthwhile statement... care to back it up?
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:39 AM   #35
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Grasping for straws..?
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #36
Bill Swerski

Funny thing is this:

If Isiah never drafted Balkman, he would likely have gone undrafted.

What makes it so bad, is he wouldn't even show up in the "Players who went undrafted" threads.

Isiah is not only hilarious, he's unpredictable.

The only plus about Balkman, is that he'll help trim down the Knicks payroll issues...
Old 06-29-2006, 04:28 AM   #37
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Balkman shot 50% on free throws.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:40 AM   #38
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong waySupermanOnSteroids is starting to rub some people the wrong way

isiah knows he's going down, he's just trying to make sure he takes the knicks down with him. but once again he shows his idiocy. he can't see that the knicks went down the day he took over their front office.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:14 AM   #39
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Balkman is closer to Udonis Haslem than Ceballos. Take Haslem, maybe subtract an inch (dude is not even totally 6'7 with shoes on) and make him more athletic, more aggressive, take away the 17ft jumper, and make him a better ballhandler and playmaker on the break himself.

Like the article mentioned, dude plays like a beast out there, is all over the court. Drafting him at 20 was a reach though, I was kind of hoping for the Mavs to nab him at 29
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:17 AM   #40
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

My brain keeps on reading Rolando Blackman
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #41
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

I'm not one to excuse Isiah, and I've never seen Balkman play and cannot predict what he'll do in the pros...but tothe extent he can be a defensive, hustle, role player for the Knicks, he sort of the exact guy we need.

Marcus Williams would get 0 playing time. The Knicks were smart to not pick a guy who was a 20ppg scorer, they have plenty of guys who want to shoot. Instead, late in the draft ,the KNicks went for a role player to fill a need. He will not demand big minutes or big attention or the ball...but maybe he'll play some D, grab a rebound, and provide inspring hustle and energy for the team.

When our fat, lazy shoot first starter come out, and then we come after you with Nate Rob, Collins, Lee, Balkman, and Woods, bringing energy and hustle and defense...it wil change the tempo and maybe some games.

This was not a great pick. This was not a team-changing pick. It may have been a smart pick for the Knicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
My brain keeps on reading Rolando Blackman

Me too
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:41 AM   #42
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Marcus Williams would get 0 playing time. The Knicks were smart to not pick a guy who was a 20ppg scorer, they have plenty of guys who want to shoot.

Taht's why they should have taken Marcus Williams. He's a pass first PG. Isiah really blewit on this one. He finally gets a crack at a guy whoc can run the team and get the right players the ball but he takes a second round guy. So what if Phoenix has taken them they are a good team and need role players. The Knicks are a horrible team and need a roster overhaul. Awful move.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #43
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah he's pass first you Knick Fan moron. Most Knicks fans seem like jokes.

*ESPN Reporter interviews some random knicks fan from audience*

ESPN Reporter: Ok, now we'll throw it back to the desk with you guys.....

*Gets bumped by some Knick dicksucker moron*

Knicks moron: REPRESENT!!!

^that actually happened, anyone remember?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:51 AM   #44
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I remeber he said to fire Isiah and some non sense which is the first step you guys need to get back to respectability.
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #45
bringthetruth
Banned

bringthetruth has no real reputation yet.

Balkman will silence his critics, New yorkers should wake up and realize we don't need more guns we needed bullet proof vests in this draft.

Last edited by bringthetruth : 06-29-2006 at 11:03 AM.
bringthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: