Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-19-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation
Default Why is bball so fake/bad in shows and movies

I swear like every show has at least one scene at some point of some of the cast playing hoops. They always look so ridiculous awful and fake. Always talking trash...like that is what really happens when two work people go out to shoot around for fun. Just OD OD OD always. Even when the show, like CSI, is about a basketball star...the scenes for hoops of the "star players" are just cringe worthy bad. Anybody else get annoyed by this?
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 AM   #2
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why is bball so fake/bad in shows and movies

What really pisses me off is that they tried playing off the idea that anyone would buy Efron even making any basketball team, let alone the damn star of a successful varsity team. The guy could not dribble whatsoever and his shot was hilariously awkward. The people into those films have no idea about basketball nor do they care so they can get away with it.
moe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:37 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Even the one in The Amazing Spiderman looked stupid. I know he is Spiderman but that dunk just sucked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMElfNC4_oo
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:39 AM   #4
Budadiiii
LEGENDARY BULK

Budadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe94
What really pisses me off is that they tried playing off the idea that anyone would buy Efron even making any basketball team, let alone the damn star of a successful varsity team. The guy could not dribble whatsoever and his shot was hilariously awkward. The people into those films have no idea about basketball nor do they care so they can get away with it.

High School Musical is a great trilogy. Just STFU.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #5
moe94
explodeInForeign

moe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemoe94 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii

High School Musical is a great trilogy. Just STFU.

I'm sure someone who jams to Hannah Montana is qualified to speak on this matter.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 AM   #6
Budadiiii
LEGENDARY BULK

Budadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this boardBudadiiii is popular on this board

Quote:
I'm sure someone who jams to Hannah Montana is qualified to speak on this matter.
*crickets*

Let me guess.. you weren't able to live vicariously through said Efron because he's a lot better looking than you, so you come on here discrediting good films like a bitter drunk. Thing is, basketball wasn't the main aspect of the film. It was the choreographed music scenes and dialogue that put it over the top.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:54 AM   #7
moe94
explodeInForeign

Quote:
*crickets*

Let me guess.. you weren't able to live vicariously through said Efron because he's a lot better looking than you, so you come on here discrediting good films like a bitter drunk. Thing is, basketball wasn't the main aspect of the film. It was the choreographed music scenes and dialogue that put it over the top.

You're attacking me personally because I clowned HSM? Were you in the crew?

Those films are complete trash and are made solely for preteen girls. I have no idea what you're trying to prove here.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:03 AM   #8
Budadiiii
LEGENDARY BULK

Quote:
You're attacking me personally because I clowned HSM? Were you in the crew?

Those films are complete trash and are made solely for preteen girls. I have no idea what you're trying to prove here.
You're attacking High School Musical 'personally' and discrediting the actors, writers, directors, etc.

Really? A lot of those actors got their big break from that film. It was a stacked lineup. It's obviously movie for younger folks.

Here, let me discredit Lion King cuz it's made for kids.

God damn dude. Just admit they were good films that did what they were supposed to do. LOL @ you calling it out for not having realistic basketball scenes. I mean, really? Do you understand how ****ing ridiculous that is?

These are Disney films, buddy. Go watch White Men Can't Jump for some quality basketball cinema, asshole.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #9
zoom17
Relax

zoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzoom17 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Moe and Budda act like a married couple on ISH
zoom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:08 AM   #10
moe94
explodeInForeign

That's the thing, budadaiii, they're not well made, acted or anything. The plot is basic and shitty. Just because they're targeted at a certain demographic does not excuse lazy production. I'm sorry, but you're acting like I'm dissing well received films here. Go check their critical acclaim. Mediocre, at best and usually worse than that.

I've seen them because they really were a big deal at one point and came on TV every single day.

They did launch careers, but what are they even doing now? Efron didn't take off the way they liked. Why? He's a wooden actor and his appeal was with preteen girls who couldn't care less anymore because they either grew up or they're after the new guy since he outgrew it.

Hudgens is fine. That's the best I can say.

I get that they're a big part of your childhood (lol) but understand that they were not as good as you think they are.

As for the thread, yes, I'm pretty sure I'm doing what it asked me. GASOL reminded me of these films and the horrific basketball is the thing I left with after watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17

You're one of my mistresses.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 AM   #11
Budadiiii
LEGENDARY BULK

Is this guy really posting paragraphs about High School Musical? It's expected of me, but damn, you've hit a new low. Dissapointed.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #12
IamRAMBO24
NBA lottery pick

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom17

They're alts.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:16 AM   #13
moe94
explodeInForeign

Quote:
Is this guy really posting paragraphs about High School Musical? It's expected of me, but damn, you've hit a new low. Dissapointed.

Backpedal much? I like film and you acted like you knew what you were talking about. Sorry, sometimes I call your BS.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:19 AM   #14
Budadiiii
LEGENDARY BULK

Quote:
Backpedal much? I like film and you acted like you knew what you were talking about. Sorry, sometimes I call your BS.
Nothing you said was true at all. Poorly acted? Lazy production?

No you don't know what you're talking about. So you like rotten tomatoes, congrats. Doesn't mean you know shit about good cinema, you POS. :)
Old 01-19-2014, 05:26 AM   #15
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Catwoman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNlmRId2FVQ
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: