Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-08-2015, 08:08 PM   #1
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Joel Schumacher & Fargo v.s. No Country for Old Men

Yes, thread for 2 things, since it's both movie related.

I normally have never really rated a movie this low, even ones I don't like much, although this is probably the worst one I seen so far, but since I just saw 7 Psychopaths rated 4/10 (which I liked a lot more) in the rate a movie thread, I thought why not.

So I'd give 'The Number 23' (Joel Schumacher, 2007) a 5/10.

Sorry, but Schumacher has to be one of the worse directors in Hollywood, he seems like a nice person, but everything outside of 'Falling Down' (which was awesome and is severly underrated), has been complete ass...

This guy has somehow worked with alot of top guys, and produced mostly shit movies from Flawless, 8MM, Batman and Robin, Batman Forever, The Phantom of the Opera, The Client, etc.

Number 23 has a decent concept, as far as reading something and noticing more and more similarities, the fact that it comes from a particular number is a bit of a stretch but could have been done, but everything from screenplay to direction was pretty bad.

The Coen brothers made up for my disdain, watched 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?' (brilliant music), 'No Country for Old Men' and 'Fargo'. All very good movies, prefering NCFOM & Fargo.

Both Fargo and No Country for Old Men were amazing, similar style also... which one is better in your opinion AND, any suggestions to similar flicks?

Last edited by ArbitraryWater : 04-08-2015 at 08:37 PM.
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:14 PM   #2
SugarHill
duncan vampire

SugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSugarHill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Joel Schumacher & Fargo v.s. No Country for Old Men

You might enjoy Blue Ruin
SugarHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:19 PM   #3
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a 'Rate the last movie you watched' thread on the front page
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #4
ArbitraryWater
I jimmy rustles

ArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableArbitraryWater is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
There's a 'Rate the last movie you watched' thread on the front page

Yeah it does seem a bit centered on Number 23.. made it a more general topic, particularly Schumacher, movies like Fargo/NCFOM, Coen appreciation.
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: