Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-04-2006, 11:23 PM   #16
Pandaemonaeon
I hit open layups

Pandaemonaeon has an OK reputation so far

I'm going to let KVH walk. Draft-and-trade this year's 1st rounder and Daniels for PJ Brown to be the back-up PF, then draft Bobby Jones with our 2nd rounder.
Pandaemonaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 AM   #17
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation

Mavericks should target some pure shooters. Players who wouldn't be that costly would be Matt Harpring, Eric Piatkowski, Voshon Lenard, Jim Jackson, David Wesley. Then, Dallas should at least try to go after Vlad Radmanovic, who would be the ideal backup PF to Dirk that this team has been looking for.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:04 AM   #18
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year

DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool

Yea I wouldn't mind Vlad replacing KVH in the backup Dirk-lite role, if we don't land him then Fazekas may still be around for us at 28. A guy I like is Mike Gansey too, great shooter and clever all around player. Casey Jacobsen is also another pure shooter who may be available, if he wants to come back to the states.

On Jet and Terry, you have to start both or Jason. Devin isn't quite ready to be full time starter. Maybe you could start Harris and Quis together, but still I think Devin may need another yr before he can be relied on as full time starter. Resigning Jet, unless he just stinks up this upcoming series, he's looking like about 5yrs 45 mil or something in that neighborhood. I could see Cleveland and Seattle both making huge runs at him in the offseason too.

An FA nobody is talking about right now too is Devean George. If we don't get any FA's though, I'm totally happy with developing Josh Powell and Rawle Marshall.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:39 AM   #19
LiL Stevie
Decent college freshman

LiL Stevie has decent reputation
Default Free agents

Dang I didn't know Casey Jacobsen was out of the league. The Mavs do have options in this draft if they're looking for shooters, especially PFs with range. Like you mentioned, Fazekas could be available, Kevin Pittsnogle (his rebounding isn't that great for his size though), or Steve Novak. I think Mike Gansey would be good in Dallas too. He could easily contribute at least 1 made three pointer a game in his rookie season. Devean George is the ultimate roleplayer, I've always been a fan of his game. He is a good defender and also can step in and make a big shot if needed. I wonder what the Mavericks will do with Adrian Griffin.
LiL Stevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 AM   #20
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A back-up banger at power forward. Mavs will have to evaluate Powell and decide what to do with Van Horn. At a reasonable price the Mavs should keep him. Half of the MLE, maybe. Resigning Terry is the obvious priority. In the draft they should look for a pure shooter and depending on the outcome of the finals Marquis Daniels and DJ Mbenga might look at getting traded. Players, who have won a ring, shift their priority to playing time and a more prominent role.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:50 AM   #21
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

If they could get Steve Novak with their 28th pick, the need to resign KVH is not as big. Then you could go out and sign a PF banger. I dont htink they'll be able to sign any major bigs, but using their MLE, they should be able to get somebody like Lorenzen Wright or Melvin Ely. Actually they would only have to pay part of their MLE I think.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:07 AM   #22
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
If they could get Steve Novak with their 28th pick, the need to resign KVH is not as big. Then you could go out and sign a PF banger. I dont htink they'll be able to sign any major bigs, but using their MLE, they should be able to get somebody like Lorenzen Wright or Melvin Ely. Actually they would only have to pay part of their MLE I think.

Ely wouldn´t be bad.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #23
miles berg
MFFL

miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool

I like the VladRad idea, he is a definite upgrade over Van Horn.

I personally want the Mavs to trade Marquis Daniels for a backup for Van Horn, someone like say PJ Brown (Quis/Pavel for PJ works) and then use part of their MLE to get John Salmons from the 76ers.

Salmons and Marquis are the exact same player basically, so why not get it for 1/2 the price while getting PJ Brown out of it and saving some of their MLE cash in case an injury happens next season and the team needs to fill a hole quickly but relatively expensively.

I honestly think:

Jet will re-sign for the market price (no MLE or LLE needed)
DJ Mbenga re-signs for the market price (mo MLE or LLE needed)
Adrian Griffin re-signs for 2 years (full LLE used here)
John Salmons signed (1/2 the MLE used here, the other 1/2 saved for an in season emergency)
Darrell Armstrong is gone (#28 pick used to fill this hole, hope Daniel Gibson)
Keith Van Horn serves beer and popcorn at the AAC next year in his new job
Marquis/Pavel/#58 traded for PJ Brown

Id be a very, very happy Mavs fan if that happened. Id like to see what 3rd teamers DJ Mbenga, Josh Powell, Rawle Marshall, and Daniel Gibson could turn into with time. Could be a ready made 2nd unit (minus the scoring 6th man which would be filled after Stackhouse leaves) in a couple three seasons.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:11 PM   #24
miles berg
MFFL

Also, by saying Darrell Armstrong is gone, I just mean from the 15 man roster.

I really, really hope Avery keeps Darrell as a bench coach and top assistant. DA will be a good coach someday, Avery and Del Harris could do alot of the teaching for him and DA could personally work with Devin Harris and Daniel Gibson as his main job.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #25
miles berg
MFFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Ely wouldn´t be bad.

Cept that the team has Sagana Swat, Erick Dampier, and DJ Mbenga already at the center position. No room for another big that actually wants to play, Pavel makes for a heck of a cheerleader as it is.

Backup PF and deciding on a role (or new home) for Marquis Daniels is the main things that need to be addressed this summer outside of the obvious re-signing of Jet, Griff, and Mbenga. Well that and using that #28 to get another Josh Howard level gem in the draft.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #26
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

They should take Ager in the first round and re-sign Van Horn, then sign Jackie Butler with the low-level.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #27
miles berg
MFFL

Again, why would this team want another center (Jackie Butler)?

4 of the 15 roster spots are already devoted to centers, three of which are definitely better than Jackie Butler (no idea on Pavel).
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #28
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

I'm sorry for bringing up Jackie Butler
I'm Secondfiddle a mean poster nicer alter ego
So today, i'll respond with a kind word or two
The Mav's had a great year and all Mav's fans should
be happy and full of free love like you
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #29
yeahwhathesaid
I brick open layups

yeahwhathesaid has an OK reputation so far

mavs should pick james white in da draft
yeahwhathesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:22 PM   #30
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

There's literally NO position that the Mavs can significantly improve on, except for replacing Van Horn and maybe getting a back up SG that can shoot the lights out. If not that, they could try to work out a S&T deal to land Peja as a sixth man and draft a swingman to replace Quis. Even if that does not happen, Dallas has enough depth to absorb the loss of Quis
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: