Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 06-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #31
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
There's literally NO position that the Mavs can significantly improve on, except for replacing Van Horn and maybe getting a back up SG that can shoot the lights out. If not that, they could try to work out a S&T deal to land Peja as a sixth man and draft a swingman to replace Quis. Even if that does not happen, Dallas has enough depth to absorb the loss of Quis

SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
germanfellow
I airball my layups

i want van horn gone
i want terry to stay
i want to see what devin does in training camp before i give him the starting spot
i want diop and damp working their butts off the entire off season
i want daniels gone
i want DA in the role that miles suggested
i want dirk to be even better!!!
germanfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #33
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

My ideal offseason:

-Resign JET at the 4 year 33/34 million dollar range
-Resign Griff to a 3 year Vet min contract
-Resign DJ to whatever the heck he wants
-Resign Howard to an extention before he has an All-Star caliber season and his value shoots through the roof.
-Use the MLE to get a serviceable backup PF(VladRad is a pipe dream at the MLE)
-Use the 28th pick to draft a 3rd PG to make up for the DA loss
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:16 AM   #34
germanfellow
I airball my layups

if u give jet only 4 years -which is not gonna happen in my mind- its gotta be in the 40 mio range...or hes gone!
germanfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #35
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Default can the mavs get?

Dallas needs to first worry about Howard. He'll probably get money in the Simmons-Prince range. But go ahead and sign him. Then they will see about Terry. They will probably sign him. Just a decent level. Afterwards they will let Van Horn walk. Cuban got him for his money to expire. They will do something with Marquis Daniels. He will be gone. Not sure who they will trade him for.. but I'm guessing for a shooter/swingman. And in the draft I imagine they will look for a small forward and a power forward. If it is a small forward then they'll probably go with an athletic shooter like Souza. If it's a power forward they'll probably go with a combo guy like Markota.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:50 PM   #36
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

Hopefully you guys lose Jason Terry to Cleveland, but I highly doubt that will happen. Just a Cavs fan wishfully thinking.
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:31 PM   #37
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

the mavs have no money to spend

they'll retain terry, maybe van horn, but thats it...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:21 PM   #38
kevon305
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
id like to get a mavs fans opinion, who would you rather have starting at pg, devin or jet?

This is not a tough qn.Yes both players starting would be good but against teams with good coaches it wont work next season.There are only 2 tms playing and their offense is being seen by everyone.Plus I can assure you that a lot of tms will try to restructure their rosters like the suns and gear for speed which means that they will try to get deep benches like Dallas and San Antonio.
However if I had to pick between the two I would say Terry needs to start.Why he's consistent offensively ,he can shoot way better than Harris,makes way better decisions than him.Look at the early shot Harris took at the end of the 3rd qtr in game 5 .Best of all Jet is the 2nd fearless player the mavs have in the roster after Stack.They need that quality more than anything.I think Harris is ok.Yes he's quick but I can bet you next season when he's got the ball they'll be someone waiting to foul him hard at the post.
The disadvantage of staring the two is that they give up too much hight in the 2 position where kobe,wade ,Ray allen play and you kinda need to muscle those guys up.
I think Donnie Nelson needs to be sharp this off season.The West is getting so competitive.He needs to make key decisions.San Antonio will always be up there.If phoenix gets Amarie they are going to the finals and prbably winning it.The lakers are on the rise and if Kwame works on his offense and Kobe believes in Phil like he did vs the Suns,they are going to be a force.The Rockets if they are healthy and play D can be really good.We'll see what kind of things will happen.It will definately be interesting.
kevon305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #39
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
My ideal offseason:

-Resign JET at the 4 year 33/34 million dollar range
-Resign Griff to a 3 year Vet min contract
-Resign DJ to whatever the heck he wants
-Resign Howard to an extention before he has an All-Star caliber season and his value shoots through the roof.
-Use the MLE to get a serviceable backup PF(VladRad is a pipe dream at the MLE)
-Use the 28th pick to draft a 3rd PG to make up for the DA loss
i dont think howard is gonna get an extension, it wudnt make much sense for him to take it unless mavs get the 'chip this yr. vlad n dirk playin SF/PF wud b soo tight. and wats with journeymen type of PG's makin a name for themselves in the finals: first billups now jet? jet with that contract wud b a deal.

btw: am i the only one other this mavsfan4zindagi that knows wat zindagi is ?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:02 PM   #40
mavs_win
I Hit Open Layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The REAL Next KNICK
Ben Wallace

That would be great to see Ben Wallace and Mark Cuban screaming at each other and then get into a huge fist fight.

Mavs should definitley get Ben Wallace.
mavs_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #41
hamburgerbuddy33
I airball my layups

Smile wit wallace...

wallace/diop/dampier?
nowitzki/get a rookie or a sign a FA
howard/stackhouse
jet/someone...
harris/gibson!

exetremuley good team! :)
singin a goodbye song fer tha heat!
hamburgerbuddy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:21 PM   #42
Isozelmonic
I Hit Open Layups

Default Dallas needs more points from the paint

Hey everybody,
Figure I'd throw my 2 cents in, everybodyelse is. Jason Terry is going to stay in Dallas assuming neither side has too riduculous of demands for the contract. As far who starts between Terry and Harris, I think the answer is obviously Terry. 1) he's experienced 2) he's our second highest scorer 3) Terry is a 1st half player getting most of his buckets in the 2nd quater. Harris still makes to many inexperience mistake. When it comes to having them both starting I really think you have to look at the match-up to determine that.

As far as free agents to leave, I think van horn is gone, does anybody in dallas want van horn to stay other than himself? I really don't see us resigning Griffin, we picked him to fill in for Doug Christie, but I just dont see him staying around.

What we need, well I agree we need another pf, if for nothingelse to give Dirk a good rest. The point is we somebody who can score points in the paint. In the finals, all Miami did was use Shaq to clog the lane and make shoot jumpers all night. If we had somebody that can drive all the time we could break that style of defense down. So whose the answer, I don't know? They're really are not a lot of good pf prospects, except for in the draft and I'm not very confident in our ability to get pf with our pick.

Honestly I am extatic about getting Ben Wallace, I think he could help get points in the paint, but at the same time he's not the type player who gets the ball enough to detract points from our other scorers. When it comes to defense, well is there any question if Avery Johnson would like a center to avg 12 rebounds, 2 steals, and 2 blocks? Thats a better avg than all our centers combined. I think more important than how much Big Ben will help Dallas is the fact that the Spurs want him, and they want him bad? The prospect of facing Ben Wallace and Tim Ducan at the same time is very frightening.

So Ben Wallace is great, but reality tells me Cuban's prolly not cough up the cash for that.

My next free agent pick, and more feasible, is Bonzi Wells. Regular season is an above avg player, but playoff time, he has proven time and time again, he grab the big numbers. Furthermore, Dallas could use another SG (with or without Stack), who better than a SG that avg 7 boards and 2 stls with 10+ Points, He's not a great outside shooter, but he is really tall for his position and he can drive the lane. In my mind that's perfect, we dont really need another shooter, just points in the paint.

There's my 2 cents and maybe a little extra too
Isozelmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:07 AM   #43
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

Lightbulb Matt Harpring or Bonzi

Either one of these guys would be a good signing with the MLE
although I think the Kings will bring Bonzi back for 6 or 7 mil
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 01:38 AM   #44
final.wrath
Banned

ben wallace wouldn't help you score in the paint.....hes just a defender. terrible offensive liability.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #45
different107
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
id like to get a mavs fans opinion, who would you rather have starting at pg, devin or jet?

i like em both starting
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: