Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 06-29-2006, 12:34 PM   #61
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I just wish something else was involved for us. Not just Shane. We're giving up too much, I think.

But I'll roll with whatever (obviously ).

I supported the Rafer Alston trade after my initial horror and I'll do the same this time.

We have got to utilize that MLE better though this year.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 PM   #62
myzt52
Can barely lace up my sneakers

myzt52 has an OK reputation so far
Default It was a fair trade

Look guys; It was a fair trade. The Rockets did not need another SF (We have T-mac). But his back problems are causing him to age faster than we like so we need to make a push for a championship now. I seriously thought they would keep Rudy and trade T-mac while his value is still high but no one knows how well his back is like the Rockets GM and staff does. So Im sure they took all this into consideration. Shane gives us everything we have been lacking and most importantly, he lets us play small against teams like Phoenix and Dallas. The GM had to trade either Gay or McGrady and I think he made the right choice. Even if Rudy Gay turns out to be a super star (which is unlikely)..so what? Two superstars (or potential superstars) playing the same position is a waste of talent (remember eddie jones and kobe bryant?...eddie had to go) and many times causes the team to be less productive.

We badly needed a PF that can hit the open three consistantly, hustle, and defend. We made a good choice (assuming T-macs back holds up). A few more changes like:

1) Getting a taller SG that can hit open 3s (and letting Head come off the bench)
2) Getting a solid backup PG for alston
3) Getting a younger PF/C backup for Yao
4) Re-signing Bogans
5) signing John Lucas and Pat Carroll
6) Re-signing Chuck Hayes

If we do all that we should be good to go...

Oh yea..and by the way...to the dumbass that said Shane Battier is an easy to acquire player:

Shane is one of the most wanted players in the league. He was the only player on that memphis roster that was considered "untouchable." Every team wanted him and no one could get a hand on him. He is very under-rated with loads of talent. All his stats will increase playing 40 mins a game with the Rockets.

The Rockets had two choices: Trade Gay or Trade T-Mac. I might have chosen T-Mac only because of his back problems. But then we would be another three years away from a championship team. Which would you choose?
myzt52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #63
baller_dc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

baller_dc has an OK reputation so far

^ I think he's right plus Shane is good player, he's invited to ryout for the USA senior team.
baller_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: