Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #16
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Dennis Johnson Dead At The Age Of 52

Two giants of the game tied to the same team have passed on this season. RIP DJ. You are with Johnny Most and Red now.
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: R.I.P Dennis Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Just seen it..Pretty sad. Collapsed at practice, coaching his NBDL team.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #18
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlever
I didn't know he was from Compton. He must have really took those Bos/LA series to heart.

Yep Dominguez High, same school as Tayshaun(sp) Prince and Tyson Chandler.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

This is sad news DJ always reminded me of a cute panda bear.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #20
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

DJ always had my respect. I made a video thing including him with other players ive noticed dont get respect they deserve until they die and people make a big deal out of them for a few days. I sure didnt expect him to go so soon.

One of the smartest players I ever saw.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #21
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

52? That's awful.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #22
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

wow, lets hope russell makes is through the season
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #23
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
RIP. Worst season in Celtic history.

Co-sign. Red Auerbach dying, the Celtics awful play, and the front ofifice's ineptness. Just sad all-around.

R.I.P. DJ. Damn you should've been in the Hall of Fame.

DJ and Larry Bird
Larry Bird viewed him as one of his favorite teammates, probably due to Johnson's unselfishness and intelligence on the court. Bird even called Johnson "the best I've ever played with".

The two players connected on a very special occasion. During Game 5 of the 1987 Eastern Conference Finals, the Celtics were in a difficult position when the opposing Detroit Pistons had a one-point lead and the possession with few seconds remaining to play. However, Bird managed to steal Isiah Thomas's pass to Bill Laimbeer and fed a dashing Johnson, who made a difficult lay-up to give Boston a decisive lead. Boston eventually won the series in seven games.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Man that sucks he was a great player RIP DJ.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

This is awful. DJ was one of the greatest PGs, but he was so underrated in his career because he played with the Big 3. Just don't forget, he was finals MVP for Seattle and Bird called him the greatest player he's played with.

RIP DJ. YOU ARE THE MAN. MUCH RESPECT.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:26 PM   #26
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCNaMba0AI

His part at the end.

One of his little tricks in there. Bird being fronted inthe post so he throws it off the backboard on purpose from the top of the key so it bounces to bird for the score.

He was a bigger part of the Celtics being great in the mid 80s than he often gets credit for.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:28 PM   #27
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zviu1...elated&search=

R.I.P
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:29 PM   #28
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

oh no! first red and now dj! what a year!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #29
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

This is just a horrible year for the Celtics.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 04:48 PM   #30
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

damn.

he was so fun to watch when i started becoming an NBA fanatic. those mid 80s Celtics were my true introduction to the NBA.

RIP. what a great player.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: