Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #151
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Incognito/Martin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
Incognito certainly isn't a model teammate or even a halfway decent person. But he's also not the villain the media portrayed him to be. Martin is just as much to blame, if not more so. The entire Dolphins locker room backing Incognito doesn't automatically make him a model teammate, but being that most of the team is black, I highly doubt they'd be supporting someone who was clearly racist.

He's not racist just ignorant and obnoxious who sees no problem making racial and homophobic jokes. I'm kind of lost where Martin is more so to blame here? Considering two other people were targeted quite often as well.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:03 PM   #152
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'm kind of lost where Martin is more so to blame here? Considering two other people were targeted quite often as well.

Because this situation got blown way out of proportion and the texts suggest these guys were nothing but friends. Hell when the shit was going down and Richie was like "Dude, what's going on?", he was ignored. Even if this shit was a problem, Martin could have addressed Richie himself or gone to management. There was no reason to go to the media and create a mess. It doesn't just make Incongnito look bad. It makes the team look bad as well and he just made himself look like a b*tch.

Other people were targeted, but they didn't go to the media and make multiple people look bad. I didn't back either of them initially, but after more texts leaked out, I'm blaming Martin more than Incognito. Incognito is certainly not a model teammate or human being, but he didn't create and escalate this mess.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #153
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Because this situation got blown way out of proportion and the texts suggest these guys were nothing but friends. Hell when the shit was going down and Richie was like "Dude, what's going on?", he was ignored. Even if this shit was a problem, Martin could have addressed Richie himself or gone to management. There was no reason to go to the media and create a mess. It doesn't just make Incongnito look bad. It makes the team look bad as well and he just made himself look like a b*tch.

Other people were targeted, but they didn't go to the media and make multiple people look bad. I didn't back either of them initially, but after more texts leaked out, I'm blaming Martin more than Incognito. Incognito is certainly not a model teammate or human being, but he didn't create and escalate this mess.

Richie asking Martin dude whats going on to me comes off as him trying to save himself. By replying that way he can shift the blame to Martin side which it did initially to some like myself. But when the smoke cleared I can see the intentions of Richie. You have to read the convo between Martin and his father to really get some insight in the kind of person Martin is. To me its very telling. The leaked text messages at first glance appear as them being "friends" just talkin shit and what not. But that report reveled more to me. How else could Martin have handled it? He's not a confrontational person so a physical fight wouldn't work. The OL coach was in on the ball breaking. Not many veteran leaders on that OL unit for Martin to confide in when Richie, Pouncey are the man guys for that unit.

Richie and his goofball goons created this mess tho. They laughed at reaching another persons tipping point and even suggested "he might shoot up the lockeroom roffles!". At the end of the day what they were doing was overboard and over the top. I know you dont like the media circus but if those dudes backed off we arent having this conversation most likely. This situation had to stop somewhere. These guys are supposed to be professionals. Basically real life trolls getting off on f*cking with people. Only Martin decided to take it in a different direction uncommon from what the norm would be. But given how he was raised/who he was raised by. Not surprising.

I simply can't blame Martin much here. At least not as much as Richie or even moreso. And he's not the only scumbag Pouncey is as well. But considering his poor judgement with his brother "Free Hernandez" and Richie indirectly throwing him under the bus "crazy coke parties, stay away!". Not shocking.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #154
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

The report also mentioned that Incognito basically set Martin up on some of those texts.. He purposely took that friendly tone in the texts because he knew he was gonna leak the texts to the press to show what a great friend he actually was..

You can tell also how he would say friendly things about Martin in public but say "F*ck this traitor" in his texts to Pouncy and the Jerry..

Incognito was playing a PR game and he was just a bit too sloppy to pull it off..

Plus, like Gobb said, If he wasn't going so far off the deep end with the bullying, this wouldn't have become the issue it did.. They were actually trying to break guys
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:20 PM   #155
MavsSuperFan
NBA rookie of the year

MavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation hereMavsSuperFan has a near all-star reputation here

How come Pouncey and Jerry have gotten away scot free?
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #156
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

they shouldn'tů I hope Goodell is drawing up a nice long suspension for those 2 knuckleheads right now.. Incognito got suspended, People got fired, and they need to take their medicine just like everyone else
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #157
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
They haven't, the league just hasn't figured out what to do and how much to punish them (Incognito might not be done too, plus despite everyone saying he will get another job before Martin, he's poison right now.)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 04:10 PM   #158
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some people in this thread are still posting based on the information pre report. Still basing it off texts that sounded like a two way conversation, still basing it on no other information coming out. There's a lot more there, and the texts (with more context) also look much worse.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #159
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Clearly, you need to familiarize yourself with the report that was released.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:12 AM   #160
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

Word.

Martin is just a little biitch. Richie is a meat head jokester , but I think he genuinely cared for Martin.

Martin just handled the whole situation wrong because he's a little biitch that can't handle what 100's of nfl players before him have gone thru.

Period.

In this crazy political correct world where it's child abuse to spank a kid that needs it, a group of nfl players joking around as the culture has for years, is now harassment. GTFO.

Just stfu already. All you sissies.

Last edited by Bless Mathews : 02-24-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 AM   #161
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Bless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBless Mathews has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He's not racist just ignorant and obnoxious who sees no problem making racial and homophobic jokes. I'm kind of lost where Martin is more so to blame here? Considering two other people were targeted quite often as well.
You're such a fuccin sissy.

Answer the question.

How come the entire dolphin locker room had Richie s back? And most are black.

You idiots just need to stop being such pansies and stop trying to look at the situation thru your eyes. You ain't an nfl player. You don't know bout the laws of a lockerroom.

Martin was the only one that broke the nfl code. Period.

That's why ALL dolphins players had richies back. Smh.

Absolutely maddening.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:35 AM   #162
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana

blacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterblacknapalm is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
You're such a fuccin sissy.

Answer the question.

How come the entire dolphin locker room had Richie s back? And most are black.

You idiots just need to stop being such pansies and stop trying to look at the situation thru your eyes. You ain't an nfl player. You don't know bout the laws of a lockerroom.

Martin was the only one that broke the nfl code. Period.

That's why ALL dolphins players had richies back. Smh.

Absolutely maddening.

at first, i thought this was a parody post.

then i saw..... i think steady killed this area.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #163
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
at first, i thought this was a parody post.

then i saw..... i think steady killed this area.
Killin fools.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #164
niko
I Run NY.

They spoke to the center on Miami, who is also their union rep. He gave the same "its a shame Martin took it the wrong way" shtick and when told their was more in the report, he said he didn't read it. So the Dolphins union rep, in talking on the case, hasn't read the report.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #165
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

[quote=niko]They spoke to the center on Miami, who is also their union rep. He gave the same "its a shame Martin took it the wrong way" shtick and when told their was more in the report, he said he didn't read it. So the Dolphins union rep, in talking on the case, hasn't read the report.[/QUOTE

Probably doesn't need too, probably realizes the vile shit that goes on with NFL players. Everybody in Miami just wants this to blow over. There will be a stricter attitude towards this kinda stuff for a few years and than it'll go back to business as usual.

Probably been soooo many Jonathon Martin's.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: